Puel out

Lastman73

Not according to today's Observer in its preamble. Says it's Dutch style, attacking football. Sounds okay to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really isn't at all. It's long ball up to Kermorgant and hope they win knock downs. Their defending leaves a lot to be desired and they are average at best going forwards. It's lots of possession based football but most of that is sideways amongst the back for. Majority of Reading STH that I know (which is close to 60) feel it's the worst football they have played for a long, long time.

If we appoint the man that Ericb refers to, and yes, I know who it is, no one will be disappointed. The man in question is currently still in position but big question marks as to whether he will remain so.

We were linked last summer, contact was made, but a "can't turn down" offer was forthcoming.

We stand a much better chance this time.

If we appoint the man that Ericb refers to, and yes, I know who it is, no one will be disappointed. The man in question is currently still in position but big question marks as to whether he will remain so.

We were linked last summer, contact was made, but a "can't turn down" offer was forthcoming.

If it's Emery then he won't be leaving PSG according to the owner.

Let's hope he's leaving Psg soon then !

If it's Emery then he won't be leaving PSG according to the owner.

http://www.espnfc.com/paris-saint-germain/story/3135140/nasser-al-khelaifi-unai-emery-200-percent-certain-to-remain-at-psg

200% certain to stay at PSG according to their CEO.

Assume Emery is who people have referred to (not sure why the person cannot be named)? If it is him then our chance of getting him must be very slim so hopefully we have a backup plan.

Pelligrini was also strongly linked last summer.

got to be the chap from PSG or pelligrini

either would be a great leap forward from bore puel

Pelligrini would represent a bit of an embarrassing u turn for Saints as it was said we discontinued interest as he wasn't thought to meet the playing youth requirement.

Theory. We're waiting outcome of championship play-off final before approaching Jaap Stam

Sack a manager who is doing ok but is unpopular because he doesn't match up to his predecessor, and replace him with Reading's manager?

It's deja vu all over again. :scared:

0002D266000001F4-3770708-image-a-64_1473163169394.jpg

I did some intensive research on the Chinese Super League (OK I checked its Wikipedia page) and learned that their season runs from spring through to autumn, typically ending in November. I can't see us nabbing a manager from his team in the middle of their season. Pellegrini's side Hebei CFFC is in third, by the way having won four of their last five games.

If Puel has to go (i'd rather he didn't) then Jokanovic for me, almost every single fan of a Championship team i've spoke to this season (including Brighton and Newcastle fans) say that Fulham 'are the best team in the league' and play great football. Hes dragged them from relegation candidates to that, having also got Watford up a couple of years ago. Failing that maybe Wagner from Huddersfield, play great football but don't know if I could handle Klopp mark 2.

Because they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Suggesting sub standard managers like Monk and Staam is getting desperate.

This hate against Puel is getting ridiculous.

It's been ridiculous from the first minute. Has far more to do with him not being a big star footballer or charismatic in interviews, as if those are things which matter at all in a management role. A cynic might also point at the enduring irrational hatred of things French from certain quarters around here too.

It's been ridiculous from the first minute. Has far more to do with him not being a big star footballer or charismatic in interviews, as if those are things which matter at all in a management role. A cynic might also point at the enduring irrational hatred of things French from certain quarters around here too.

A cynic might also point at the enduring irrational love of things French from certain quarters around here too (i.e. Pamplemousse).

Couldn't give two f()cks about his nationality - now people are surely grasping at straws.

I'm not keen on him remaining because the performances have been substandard.

Looks like the board, fans and Puel himself are unsure about going into a new season with him as the manager. Shame, I thought he was a decent coach despite the negative football. But I guess if there's not any genuine trust we might as well go for a new manager.

I heard Paulo Sousa is leaving Fiorentina, not sure if he fits the profile, but I think he could be an upgrade on Puel.

I am changing my mind about Puel. I have been disappointed with home form, bored by negative play, fed up with hie lack of communication skills and generally uninspired. After the Stoke match I was convinced we wouldn't see him again and thankl goodness for that. But i have listened to friends who follow Newcastle, others who follow B'ham and to the pundits who all seem amazed that we could even think about getting rid of the man who took us to 8th and to Wembely in his first season. And he was dealt a terriblr haand with the pricey replacemeents for Mane and Wasnyame not up to much and the main goalscorer and principal defender injured for long spells. Perhaps he deserves a secopnd year and the chace to get some of his own choice in and the misfits out.

Lol how can you make such a statement which labels everyone who doesn't love Puel the same..basically stereotyping them all and then get on your high horse about people not liking him because of his differences them?

Hypocrite!

I am changing my mind about Puel. I have been disappointed with home form, bored by negative play, fed up with hie lack of communication skills and generally uninspired. After the Stoke match I was convinced we wouldn't see him again and thankl goodness for that. But i have listened to friends who follow Newcastle, others who follow B'ham and to the pundits who all seem amazed that we could even think about getting rid of the man who took us to 8th and to Wembely in his first season. And he was dealt a terriblr haand with the pricey replacemeents for Mane and Wasnyame not up to much and the main goalscorer and principal defender injured for long spells. Perhaps he deserves a secopnd year and the chace to get some of his own choice in and the misfits out.

I always find it's better not to post on football forums when you're drunk

I am surprised at the Birmingham fans...didn't their manager win them a cup and get them relegated in the same season?

They must know that getting to Wembley doesn't necessarily mean you have a great manager!

I think Puel will take the St Etienne job. Face saver all round

Will be a kick in the nuts for Reed if he wants to keep him but he quits for St.E

Would be the 3rd manger hes lost in 4 years.

Will be a kick in the nuts for Reed if he wants to keep him but he quits for St.E

Would be the 3rd manger hes lost in 4 years.

Best kick in the nuts ever

I am surprised at the Birmingham fans...didn't their manager win them a cup and get them relegated in the same season?

They must know that getting to Wembley doesn't necessarily mean you have a great manager!

if it did, pardew would be the current England gaffer and not unemployed

Couldn't give two f()cks about his nationality - now people are surely grasping at straws.

I'm not keen on him remaining because the performances have been substandard.

Oh come on, there are shedloads of nobheads around here that generally hate the French for no particular reason, it's practically a defining characteristic of the area and very obvious to outsiders, don't try and pretend there's no overlap.

Edited by The9

Lol how can you make such a statement which labels everyone who doesn't love Puel the same..basically stereotyping them all and then get on your high horse about people not liking him because of his differences them?

Hypocrite!

Not at all, I'm saying him being French gives some people a reason to hate him before he even starts, not all. Others loved Koeman's big name status and can't get past that, and others moan about his lack of charisma. They're all reasons which have nothing to do with his abilities, and as it took all of two home games for the moaning to start this season, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it wasn't all football-related. Especially as we then had 4 wins in a row and went 7 unbeaten.

Not at all, I'm saying him being French gives some people a reason to hate him before he even starts, not all. Others loved Koeman's big name status and can't get past that, and others moan about his lack of charisma. They're all reasons which have nothing to do with his abilities, and as it took all of two home games for the moaning to start this season, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it wasn't all football-related. Especially as we then had 4 wins in a row and went 7 unbeaten.

Quantify it then? Is it 95% don't like the French or 1%....you are as bad as any prejudiced person using stereotypes with no quantification of the sample size or supporting evidence other than "your perception". .pretty poor IMO.

Oh come on, there are shedloads of nobheads around here that generally hate the French for no particular reason, it's practically a definining characteristic of the area and very obvious to outsiders, don't try and pretend there's no overlap.

Now it's a "defining characteristic of the area" .you really are offensive. Are you a member of the BNP by any chance?

Quantify it then? Is it 95% don't like the French or 1%....you are as bad as any prejudiced person using stereotypes with no quantification of the sample size or supporting evidence other than "your perception". .pretty poor IMO.

Not being funny but I've heard absolutely loads of people sniping at the French since I've lived down here. No idea how widespread it is, but it is definitely a "thing" down here that I haven't seen anywhere else. Well, except Dover, come to think of it.

Now it's a "defining characteristic of the area" .you really are offensive. Are you a member of the BNP by any chance?

Ha, no, very much not, pretty much the opposite actually. You're not very good at this drawing conclusions thing, are you? Or do you regard that as some kind of hate crime or something?

Oh wow have the Puel in camp really resorted to racism!?

What a desperate bunch of weasels

Didn't realise the French were a race... it's a nationality, and by the way, it's not the Puel in camp that's got the problem with it.

Not being funny but I've heard absolutely loads of people sniping at the French since I've lived down here. No idea how widespread it is, but it is definitely a "thing" down here that I haven't seen anywhere else. Well, except Dover, come to think of it.

Interesting fact #45678

Dover is derived from the French D'eau Verte' meaning green 'green water'.

Oh wow have the Puel in camp really resorted to racism!?

What a desperate bunch of weasels

One of your mates, good old Fred, complained about stereotyping a few posts up, go and look it up before making such sweeping assumptions.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk