Puel out

Lastman73

I can't talk much about it (legal reasons) but yes i did a 1 stretch for saying Guly was Sh*t

Dibden/Jeff was fibbing then, dragging your name through the mud.

Not a good look alongside his twitter meltdown as he pleaded to be let back on here. I owe you a massive apology pal.

Dibden/Jeff was fibbing then, dragging your name through the mud.

Not a good look alongside his twitter meltdown as he pleaded to be let back on here. I owe you a massive apology pal.

Apology accepted mate, a few bad eggs on here. Just need to be careful who you trust.

Have any of you comtemplated that perhaps Puel is staying? Would be the decent and logical thing to do.

What is the rush?

Let s bring in the players suited to his style, ship out the deadwood (Clasie, Rodriguez, Long) and bring in a couple of skillfull pacey players and a capable finisher suited to Puel's style.

Guarrented that next season you will all be creaming yourselves.

This manager hate is getting ridiculous. Chill out and enjoy the summer.

We paid heaps for Gabbi to suit Puels ' style ' . He then played us in a way that removed all useful supply to him .

Blowing more money on Puel type players will not help .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We paid heaps for Gabbi to suit Puels ' style ' . He then played us in a way that removed all useful supply to him .

Blowing more money on Puel type players will not help .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Having one of the most slow paced and light weight midfield is not helping our case.

Ha, no, very much not, pretty much the opposite actually. You're not very good at this drawing conclusions thing, are you? Or do you regard that as some kind of hate crime or something?

I don't get how you knowing a few people who dislike the French make it "area defining"?

99% of the people I know couldn't care less if their neighbour is English, French, Dutch or Martian... I guess you must move in some strange circles to know so many who do....which is why I asked if you are in the BNP?

I don't particularly like the French, but I back him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'I don't particularly like MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apology accepted mate, a few bad eggs on here. Just need to be careful who you trust.

Thanks for the heads up. Dibden was and is always very eager to meet up with me. Inexplicably so. Sounds like I should be careful.

It's been ridiculous from the first minute. Has far more to do with him not being a big star footballer or charismatic in interviews, as if those are things which matter at all in a management role. A cynic might also point at the enduring irrational hatred of things French from certain quarters around here too.

What a load of balls h i t!

I didn't hear Morgan getting any stick because he was French.

Its absolutely nothing to do with Puels race and everything to do with the quality of football people pay to see.

I don't get how you knowing a few people who dislike the French make it "area defining"?

99% of the people I know couldn't care less if their neighbour is English, French, Dutch or Martian... I guess you must move in some strange circles to know so many who do....which is why I asked if you are in the BNP?

I see. Well as the area I lived in before didn't have any of that (not against the French anyway) it was a lot more noticeable when it did start happening, and I think it's a lot more than "1%". Not outright hatred or anything, just digs and comments and things like that. It's not like I have a lot of France-based conversations either for that kind of thing to come up, tbh. It has been a fairly consistent feature of conversations I've had with people who don't like Puel though, but then that tends to be down to their reluctance to come up with genuine reasons for wanting him sacked beyond "we haven't scored in x/y/z games... if you exclude the ones we have scored in", and they didn't even have that until May.

What a load of balls h i t!

I didn't hear Morgan getting any stick because he was French.

Its absolutely nothing to do with Puels race and everything to do with the quality of football people pay to see.

Schneiderlin got loads of flack for pretty much everything from 2008-2010, including some ill-advised comments about his national tendencies on here IIRC. We even had a whole conspiracy theory that he was signing for Arsenal asap based pretty much entirely on his nationality as well.

I see. Well as the area I lived in before didn't have any of that (not against the French anyway) it was a lot more noticeable when it did start happening, and I think it's a lot more than "1%". Not outright hatred or anything, just digs and comments and things like that. It's not like I have a lot of France-based conversations either for that kind of thing to come up, tbh. It has been a fairly consistent feature of conversations I've had with people who don't like Puel though, but then that tends to be down to their reluctance to come up with genuine reasons for wanting him sacked beyond "we haven't scored in x/y/z games... if you exclude the ones we have scored in", and they didn't even have that until May.

Like I said we obviously move in very different circles as I have not heard that, and if I did I would challenge it.

There is little point discussing reasons wih you as you are so blinkered to your own agenda, you don't even acknowledge there is another view and resort to the old tactic of trying to label everyone with a different opinion as a racist.

Looks like the9 has touched a few nerves on here...

Well either that or people are correctly responding to his posts by calling them what they are- complete and utter b*llocks rather like that poster from a few years ago who was convinced that people hated players like Martina because they were racist.

Well either that or people are correctly responding to his posts by calling them what they are- complete and utter b*llocks rather like that poster from a few years ago who was convinced that people hated players like Martina because they were racist.

think it was Soggy who was suggesting that (and about Guly before that)

Edited by Batman

I think Puel should leave because he cant inspire and motivate to save his life, is tactically clueless and hasnt got a clue about changing a game through the use of substitutions. Hoddle's football was also dull, but he knew what he was doing so doesnt fall into the same category.

Absolutely nothing to with Puel being French.

Oh come on, there are shedloads of nobheads around here that generally hate the French for no particular reason, it's practically a definining characteristic of the area and very obvious to outsiders, don't try and pretend there's no overlap.

I live and work in France, I speak french, and have many french friends. I think Puel has taken us backwards, is uninspiring, out of his depth and should go.

Why is it these days that when you are losing an argument/debate, that you throw in the 'race card'. It is the last resort of the defeated.

The reason Puel is not liked, is not because he is French. It is because his style of football is boring. He defends with 11 men and attacks with 1. He plays possession football, when 90% of that possession is amongst the back 5. He only just managed 8th place in a league where the were 7 decent/good teams and 13 poor ones.

The cup run was against poor teams who put out second string 11's. (Including Arsenal) until we reached the semi's, where we met a team whom everyone had figured out how to beat. Hanging on and getting a breakaway goal.

Puel's record is poor, in this league and the French league. If you want boring football and mid-table mediocacy, carry on with Puel.

To quote the Bible (Not often done on here I know).

"You are niether hot nor cold, so I will spit you out of my mouth".

Thanks for the heads up. Dibden was and is always very eager to meet up with me. Inexplicably so. Sounds like I should be careful.

Is there a link with posters who met Jeff and have not been heard of since? #StaySafe

OK the bible has been quoted on this thread.

And with that, I'm out.

:lol: yeh I know,

I agree with Landford but the use of a bible quote in this context is..........................................................................

BLASPHEMY!!

I think Puel should leave because he cant inspire and motivate to save his life, is tactically clueless and hasnt got a clue about changing a game through the use of substitutions. Hoddle's football was also dull, but he knew what he was doing so doesnt fall into the same category.

Absolutely nothing to with Puel being French.

Hoddle was working with players with a lot less talent. SFC was struggling to stay in the premier ague and Hoddle use tactics extremely well to get results.

:lol: yeh I know,

I agree with Landford but the use of a bible quote in this context is..........................................................................

BLASPHEMY!!

I am sorry for the blasphemy.

However as blasphemy in my view is insulting or dishonouring some kind of God/Deity/or Holy Being, I am a bit confused to who I have Blashemed against. Is it The Saints? Or is it the great Les Reed, who in some eyes is infallible? Or is it those on here who believe they are always right about everything, and are therefore infallible, and we must listen to there every word as pearls of great wisdom and insight?

Well I think they are "casting their pearls before swine".

That's now 2 Bible references in the same thread. Is that an all time record?

Oh come on, there are shedloads of nobheads around here that generally hate the French for no particular reason, it's practically a definining characteristic of the area and very obvious to outsiders, don't try and pretend there's no overlap.

Bizarre.

I don't particularly like the French, but I back him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the life of me I cannot understand anyone disliking a whole nationality. This is not particularly directed at you, Ducks, but all the rest making similar silly generalisations on this thread.

I do hate all duck hunters though

The league position really flatters to deceive. In the average season, that points total would have put us 12th or 13th.

Puel fell into 8th based on others teams results going our way.

While I supported Puel throughout the season, nowI think we must appoint a new coach and base it on a points target rather than a positional target.

Mancini would be my name choice, but Monk (based on his ability to manage around a 4231) would probably be the sensible option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The league position really flatters to deceive. In the average season, that points total would have put us 12th or 13th.

Puel fell into 8th based on others teams results going our way.

While I supported Puel throughout the season, nowI think we must appoint a new coach and base it on a points target rather than a positional target.

Mancini would be my name choice, but Monk (based on his ability to manage around a 4231) would probably be the sensible option.

Sensible to appoint a twice failed still novice manager? Really?

I sometimes think we have not progressed very much as a race when i hear derogatory remarks about our players and managers based on their nationality....and over the seasons there have been plenty of abusive remarks by some on this forum regarding our foreign players or managers.

This is the 21st Century and I like to think we have vastly improved as a nation and on the whole racism is not accepted in any shape or form and football fans in general have improved.

Some issues around Nationality do spark up some unwanted nastiness from some and most of us will remember when POCH came under all sorts of flack when he made certain comments about the Falklands.....I think this is a good example of where politics and such have no place in football and both managers and players alike should be well advised to keep quiet.

I am lucky to have had a Spanish father and English mother and feel i benefited being brought up in a more racially tolerant household during the 60's and 70's.

I am in the Puel OUT camp purely based on what i have witnessed this season. I don't believe he is capable of getting the best out of our players, i don't think the players believe in him and the football has been as dull as ditch water!

You are talking utter bullsh*t here, i grew up and lived in southampton for 27 years and still come back regularly, i barely ever heard so much as a peep of abuse about the French, the same as i don't now.

Either you keep some of the strangest most niche circles known to Southampton, or you're just completely wrong and have assumed or invented something to fit your world view.

Sensible to appoint a twice failed still novice manager? Really?

Twice failed? Him and beattie got 7th with Leeds then resigned. Considering Leeds manager and owner situation for the last few years. Thats a good finish.

And I'd want beattie here as his number two too.

You are talking utter bullsh*t here, i grew up and lived in southampton for 27 years and still come back regularly, i barely ever heard so much as a peep of abuse about the French, the same as i don't now.

Either you keep some of the strangest most niche circles known to Southampton, or you're just completely wrong and have assumed or invented something to fit your world view.

Agreed, not something I've ever observed or associated specifically with Southampton having grown up here.

Agreed, not something I've ever observed or associated specifically with Southampton having grown up here.

Didn't the French ransack the city once in 1338, and the site of St Mary's Church ?

Some people have long memories.

'Shroppie' tried this a couple of weeks ago. Claimed all sorts of racist nonsense, was called out, tried to backtrack and completely changed his story.

You couldn't make it up as the saying goes. Seems some people do though when they've exhausted every other argument and can no longer hold a sensible constructive discussion.

He's only going to want to go somewhere that it is likely they will be pushing for the title, not just treading water........

I sometimes think we have not progressed very much as a race when i hear derogatory remarks about our players and managers based on their nationality....and over the seasons there have been plenty of abusive remarks by some on this forum regarding our foreign players or managers.

This is the 21st Century and I like to think we have vastly improved as a nation and on the whole racism is not accepted in any shape or form and football fans in general have improved.

Some issues around Nationality do spark up some unwanted nastiness from some and most of us will remember when POCH came under all sorts of flack when he made certain comments about the Falklands.....I think this is a good example of where politics and such have no place in football and both managers and players alike should be well advised to keep quiet.

I am lucky to have had a Spanish father and English mother and feel i benefited being brought up in a more racially tolerant household during the 60's and 70's.

I am in the Puel OUT camp purely based on what i have witnessed this season. I don't believe he is capable of getting the best out of our players, i don't think the players believe in him and the football has been as dull as ditch water!

Good thoughts, i agree with a lot of what you say and I agree that we have moved on as a society where racism practically doesn't exist anymore. A lot of these comes down to education from our parents like you say.

I always felt I was fortunate to have two white, English parents. I always remember when the first black family moved onto our estate in the early 80s my parents encouraged us to be friendly towards them as some of them are nice people, to talk to them like they were our friends and when we learnt to trust them they could play football with us and that the black lad would probably make a really good winger but don't let him go in goal as they aren't very good there. We also should not expect him to come and play with us on a February morning as they don't like the cold weather. We became really good mates and even had nicknames for him like Sambo and milky and you knew what? he absolutely loved it! Having white, English parents was a great benefit for me because it really helped me appreciate their way of life and understand their strengths and weaknesses and what a great people they are.