Puel out

Lastman73

If st etienne are genuinely interested in Puel perhaps we could give them money as an incentive? Say £1m?

The alternative is to sack Puel and his backroom tean and pay up contracts. That could be North of £7m all in

Take Puel and we will pay you 1-2m

If st etienne are genuinely interested in Puel perhaps we could give them money as an incentive? Say £1m?

The alternative is to sack Puel and his backroom tean and pay up contracts. That could be North of £7m all in

Retarded idea.

Just more made up Glaswegian numbers. Seem to remember Moyes was paid about £5m for severance from Utd and he had a much longer and higher paid contract.

Of course its made up. But £6m seems a decent guess.

Puel was reported to be on £3m+ a season. Then you have Black and Pascal.... They dont work for free.

Would cost alot to ditch Puel.

Chuck St E a million and problems solved... Maybe

I wouldn't count on Puel going to St Etienne. He's a previous Olympique Lyonnaise coach and the two clubs detest each other. Not sure the fans would accept him - bit like Redknapp becoming our new manager.

You only need to look at what happened when they tried to sign Anthony Mounier from Nice in the winter transfer window to see how volatile the fans are.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/02/01/fans-force-player-out-saint-etienne-after-four-days

Puel was reported to be on £3m+ a season. Then you have Black and Pascal.... They dont work for free.

:mcinnes:

I'm puzzled why anyone sane would think we'd have to pay them? The more likely scenario would be us reducing the price they have to pay us so that he goes, possibly to £0.

:mcinnes:

I'm puzzled why anyone sane would think we'd have to pay them? The more likely scenario would be us reducing the price they have to pay us so that he goes, possibly to £0.

Read above mate. Seem its Puel or Ranieri and im just saying we probably need to add incentives for then to pick Puel.

Might then save us a fortune.

£3m a year? Bloody hell, that's a lot of money for not very much. There must be plenty on here who would do a better job for less.

Reckon they'll be securing his replacement prior to giving him the sack a la Nigel - if he is going. Means the delay may not be the decision itself, but the replacement, which makes sense: sacking him is all good well and good IF you have a superior replacement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Puel and Southampton need a resolution asap so pre season can start with a clean slate. Any longer and you're looking at losing valuable preparation time.

Recent history suggests our summer speciality is losing valuable preparation time. We're highly skilled at that.

In Big Sam's language " A bung ".

Has he gone yet?

No?

Check back in a few days

You'll be pleased with the news I bring then

The local press (Le Progrès) is reporting that Puel is St Etienne's first choice.

It was reported yesterday that nothing will be done before a week on Monday.

This one looks like it's gathering momentum

think you all need to be careful what you wish for.

the football was dire at times but an efl final and 8th aint bad for his first season,

we r the best of the rest outside the top 7.

we will never be a top 4 side when we forever sell our best players and to get into Europa spots is just as hard now.

infact the football equilibrium is back to how it should be.

enjoy the summer and look forward to next season

I think the clue came earlier in the season when Puel said it was difficult for Mrs P as she had no friends here and didn't speak the lingo.

It'll be a mutual consent/family thing. Not that I want him to go, I think he deserves another season. But if the reports are true, that's the way the cards will fall.

the football was dire at times but an efl final and 8th aint bad for his first season,

we will never be a top 4 side when we forever sell our best players and to get into Europa spots is just as hard now.

Last season is now dead and gone. Now for a serious question:

Do you believe in your heart that next season we shall get the an EFL final and finish 8th or better?

Do you believe in your heart that next season we shall get the an EFL final and finish 8th or better?

Whoever is the manager, I genuinely believe we will finish higher than 8th.

Impossible to tell with the cups, but hopefully we will give one, perhaps both of them a good go.

I'd like to think we could accumulate more than 46 points next season.

no reason not to be able to get to an efl cup final,no reason why we cant finish 8th.

who will be better than us?

Leicester maybe,

we are just an established premier league club now,if the owners are serious about European football and more then they need to stop selling and invest in quality players.

otherwise we just go back to the same old mediocrity which the premier league is.

I think you need to forget the league position and concentrate on points gained. We literally scraped 8th and earned 17 points less than last year which is a lot.....

Couple that with actual performances baring the odd exceptionals and then you have a true picture of the season.

We can be top four as Leicester proved - it is possible and you have to set high targets, however this year we were a very long way from our next target of Europa qualification - a very long way!

Puel did make lots of 'questionable' team selection decisions and also was far too intransigent with his tactical formation.

All in all it's a big risk to go with Puel again. His intransigence is a major factor which will make many people think nothing will change next year and there is too high a risk of a collapse...

Theory. We're waiting outcome of championship play-off final before approaching Jaap Stam

Or David Wagner.

Other theories:

Or having seen the domestic cup final over, perhaps an approach for Enrique.

Or the fallout at Dortmund, or PSG.

Perhaps the last three are unlikely.

Or at the other end of the scale Exeter's L2 play off as we're waiting on Paul Tisdale.(again unlikely, but a theory none the less).

Going back to Stam though he probably hasn't done enough as in his end of season broadcast last season Les made a point of talking about managers experience at more than one club, and even country was mentioned.

Have any of you comtemplated that perhaps Puel is staying? Would be the decent and logical thing to do.

What is the rush?

Let s bring in the players suited to his style, ship out the deadwood (Clasie, Rodriguez, Long) and bring in a couple of skillfull pacey players and a capable finisher suited to Puel's style.

Guarrented that next season you will all be creaming yourselves.

This manager hate is getting ridiculous. Chill out and enjoy the summer.

Going back to Stam though he probably hasn't done enough as in his end of season broadcast last season Les made a point of talking about managers experience at more than one club, and even country was mentioned.

Pity he didnt take his own advice then.....

Like Stam though, he's only shown success at one club, and only for one season. Will that be enough for Les?

TBF he went for Puel ahead of a number of top candidates and puel had no success for his last 19 years in France.

Unless he was sold on how Puel had taken Lyon (just won 7 titles in a row) to 5th?

Have any of you comtemplated that perhaps Puel is staying? Would be the decent and logical thing to do.

What is the rush?

Let s bring in the players suited to his style, ship out the deadwood (Clasie, Rodriguez, Long) and bring in a couple of skillfull pacey players and a capable finisher suited to Puel's style.

Guarrented that next season you will all be creaming yourselves.

This manager hate is getting ridiculous. Chill out and enjoy the summer.

Wholesale scrapping and replacement of players would cost a hell of a lot of money, possibly as much as selling two VVDs. Much cheaper to find a manager to suit the players.

Theory. We're waiting outcome of championship play-off final before approaching Jaap Stam

Fact. I work in Basingstoke, so a few Reading fans in the office. They love what Stam has done and fear a Prem side could attract him if they don't get up tomorrow. So, is it Stam we could go for ... or is it David Wagner of Huddersfield???

I'd give a progressive Championship manager a go rather than a European manager who is a risk.

Fact. I work in Basingstoke, so a few Reading fans in the office. They love what Stam has done and fear a Prem side could attract him if they don't get up tomorrow. So, is it Stam we could go for ... or is it David Wagner of Huddersfield???

I'd give a progressive Championship manager a go rather than a European manager who is a risk.

Most of us wanted to keep a progressive manager who had spent the previous season in the Championship rather than an unheard of Argie bloke who had recently worked in Spain once upon a time.

Given his remarks about us in the past, his gloating, and general dislike among Saints fans, who here would be against appointing Brendan Rodgers?

I would. He's a total twonk. But really, guys, shall we be a bit more realistic? Celtic have just won the league. He's in the champions league. I mean, really.

I just want the best for the club and if BR is best for us then get him in.

It doesn't work like that. Think back to 2004 when the best manager Hoddle, was passed over for Luggy, just because of the antics of the vocal minority.

I don't get why so many want Puel out and are happy to replace him with inexperienced Championship managers. I'm not saying there aren't good managers in the league below, with potential, but surely that is more of a risk than keeping Puel. Anyway, if we're going to change our manager, now is a good time to aim high and punch above our weight a little. We'd be the most attractive club in the premier league to manage and as we all know, the best stepping stone around.

I think ericb has intimated that's what we're doing.

Hope not, the football is even worse than we play

Not according to today's Observer in its preamble. Says it's Dutch style, attacking football. Sounds okay to me

I don't get why so many want Puel out and are happy to replace him with inexperienced Championship managers. I'm not saying there aren't good managers in the league below, with potential, but surely that is more of a risk than keeping Puel. Anyway, if we're going to change our manager, now is a good time to aim high and punch above our weight a little. We'd be the most attractive club in the premier league to manage and as we all know, the best stepping stone around.

Because they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Suggesting sub standard managers like Monk and Staam is getting desperate.

This hate against Puel is getting ridiculous.

Not according to today's Observer in its preamble. Says it's Dutch style, attacking football. Sounds okay to me

Depends which version we get, Dutch Total football MKI (Poortvliet & Wotte), or MK II