Saints V Man City Match Thread & Reaction

Heisenberg

I think we were battered in the first half, they should have had a pen and they deserved it today, by far the better team. Holberg was terrible, Clasie deserved to start, also don't blame Boufal, he needs to start more often rather than be asked to be a game-changer, so when he does take risks he currently hasn't got the confidence..

It's easy to say in hind sight but I'd agree.

Clasie ahead of hojberg to me and have a go at them.

I like Fraser but for such a big strong guy he has got to come for everything in the six yard box ... no excuses.

Redmond is looking class and growing with each game.

Body language of some players worries me, Fraser, JWP when he came off and WTF with Shane Long

They're simply way better than us. If youre happy with the likes of Long and Davis and JWP and Redmond and so on, then you'll have to be happy with this.

They have been way better than us - but we invited them in, right from the start. The days of midfield strength like Wanyama and Morgan seem a distant memory. Hojbjerg was poor today; Tadic was abysmal. Message for Mr Puel, JWP might be a good player but he is not a wide right/winger. Next season we have to offer better than Long and Rodriguez.

Seemed to be some confusion as to why he came off.

Looked to me like Puel got a message (not sure from where) that Long couldn't continue, but it turned out Long wasn't as injured as they thought and Long ended up going down the tunnel in a bit of a huff with Puel shaking his head in disbelief.

I missed it, what happened?

Got subbed off after coming on as a sub. As he went off he went over to puel and black and said some words at them and walked down the tunnel. On my stream a guy in the comments said he mouthed 'you're a bunch of ****s' but someone who can rewind tv will need to go back and watch it again to confirm it. Either way haven't seen a player lair up at our manager for awhile.

Dire,abject,lethargic,gutless....devoid of ideas....

Looks like they are on the beach already.

Hojbjerg is simply lost.

Forster,just an accident waiting to happen.

Tadic...non existent.

Boufal,oh how I wish he was just a 1 trick pony instead of attempting 3 or 4.

Boy did we miss Romeu....although Davis carried JWP and Hojbjerg quite well.

Stevens did well as a nipper as did Yoshida working had with his limited capabilities.

Puel....I'm still not convinced.

Can the season just end now.

Then bring on the mass exodus oncemore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got subbed off after coming on as a sub. As he went off he went over to puel and black and said some words at them and walked down the tunnel. On my stream a guy in the comments said he mouthed 'you're a bunch of ****s' but someone who can rewind tv will need to go back and watch it again to confirm it. Either way haven't seen a player lair up at our manager for awhile.

I think Long was trying to shout at the City bench but missed...

We never seemed to go for it today. City have struggled when teams go for them, but we played completely into their hands just sitting back and letting them have the ball. No high pressing, no urgency and no attack. To not test Bravo is just fcking annoying.

Boufal is a liability at the moment. Might be biassed as I never forgive him for the cup final but each game is the same. He comes on and we lose possession all the time and concede more chances. Plays all by himself, for himself. I'd far rather see Sims involved instead.

Losing to big teams is one thing, but to not even go for it is annoying when there's nothing to play for. In the league our performances against the top clubs just haven't been near good enough. Yet every time we beat an average or poor side we get endless posts about how brilliant Puel is.

What did he do in the cup final?

Davis, Stephens and Cedric and to a lesser extent, redmond were all decent.

The rest were poor

very odd approach by saints, to sit off them. Every other team who go for city have a far greater chance of some reward.

Yoshida had our most shots ffs. Even Bravo kept a clean sheet!!!

Boufal. Sweet jesus, Gaston was better than this in his first season!!

Fair play to Stephens, looked pretty decent but boy, we miss Rom and VvD big time

They are a great team and fully deserved the win. Nice football too

roll on the next set of first 11 players to be sold off in the summer.......exciting times!!

The rest were poor

very odd approach by saints, to sit off them. Every other team who go for city have a far greater chance of some reward.

Fair play to Stephens, looked pretty decent but boy, we miss Rom and VvD big time

roll on the next set of first 11 players to be sold off in the summer.......exciting times!!

Didn't expect to win this at all so not too bothered. A very good team against an average one = loss. Only gripe is our tactics were very negative. The goals against in the past 20 or so games shows defending isn't really our strong point. Seemed a damage limitations exercise tbh.

The rest were poor

Sitting off them was working, to an extent.

As soon as we started to push men forward, they punished us on the counter attack. You can't go out guns blazing against a team like that.

The rest were poor

Cedric had a very poor first half, sorry

Tadic,Redmomd and Boufel all crap defensively and today crap with the ball. We're we not allowed to tackle man city? They were so comfortable all game. We were ****.

We did not press at all today. We made it far too easy for City.

Big gulf

Spot on.

Big gulf in quality, big gulf in budgets, big gulf in expectations.

Anything against the top 5 or 6 sides is a bonus, we will never compete with the true big boys over a season.

Our place is between 7th and twelfth, I think any true Saints fan knows this, we'd just love a miracle sometimes .

Sitting off them was working, to an extent.

As soon as we started to push men forward, they punished us on the counter attack. You can't go out guns blazing against a team like that.

not about blazing it is about getting stuck in further up the pitch.

the gap between the forward(s) and the midfield was pretty big for much of the game

Spot on.

Big gulf in quality, big gulf in budgets, big gulf in expectations.

Anything against the top 5 or 6 sides is a bonus, we will never compete with the true big boys over a season.

Our place is between 7th and twelfth, I think any true Saints fan knows this, we'd just love a miracle sometimes ��.

The real test for us will be against Boro, Stoke and Hull. Maybe nick a point off Arsenal.