Stoke vs Saints Thread

Lighthouse

H/T 0-1.

We created two chances: Redmond - who has been hopeless - put through and meekly scuffing wide, and Long drawing a save from Butland close in where he should've done better.

Aside from that, we've been sloppy all over the park. Van Dijk's barely interested - playing like he's doing us a favour. Romeu is still out of sorts. Cedric's been poor going both ways.

The only reason we're even still in the game is Forster, who is having an excellent game.

It's going to need another stark second half transformation like last week if we've got any chance of getting something here. As things stand, I can't see us a) breaking them down or b) not conceding again.

Troubling times.

Game over - we really are s***e. IF Pellegrini is a step up from CLaude Puel I'm a f*****g CHinaman.

The guy is clueless - we are much worse than last year and are truly awful. Make no mistake we are in a relegation battle this year.

WTF have Tadic and Redmond got to do to be dropped? Or Davis?

Birtles has it spot on ..... we are so easy to play against as our midfield is static and whoever plays up front is totally isolated. When we have the ball it is sideways, sideways backwards and about as much cutting edge as a blunt knife.

Why could we have not recruited someone who at least wants to play attacking football rather than this s***e that is being served up

Yep, anyone who thinks that this is just a blip and things will suddenly fall into place are tards.

This team is going to go through the bottom of this league quicker than a vindaloo through a baby.

H/T 0-1.

We created two chances: Redmond - who has been hopeless - put through and meekly scuffing wide, and Long drawing a save from Butland close in where he should've done better.

Aside from that, we've been sloppy all over the park. Van Dijk's barely interested - playing like he's doing us a favour. Romeu is still out of sorts. Cedric's been poor going both ways.

The only reason we're even still in the game is Forster, who is having an excellent game.

It's going to need another stark second half transformation like last week if we've got any chance of getting something here. As things stand, I can't see us a) breaking them down or b) not conceding again.

Troubling times.

The highlighted bit is garbage but rest is fair comment

The feed I’m watching is showing goals from last week in all the games. Other teams scoring goals. Must be nice.

But what strikes me is how quickly teams move the ball and shoot as soon as an opening presents itself. We are so low on confidence we just can’t seem to just let it happen and really try to force an easy unmissable chance.

V-VD has been good apart from giving away the penalty, which was pretty soft, but naturally any striker is going to go down at the merest touch, so don't touch them. We have been dominant for most of the half, but lack the cutting edge up front. Please can we take off Redmond and bring on Gabbiadini to replace him?

MP looking just as stubborn and negative as Puel. It's madness to keep persisting with this shape and personnel when it has already proved so ineffective.

If I keep playing this system things will change

We are a better team than last year.

You have got to be kidding me right? Last year we employed similar tactics but looked defensively way stronger. This year we have been poor from the get go and continued that way with no change in tactics and dropping Gabbi who had zero service for a guy who couldn;t score in a brothel.

The highlighted bit is garbage but rest is fair comment
Hyperbole, probably - he has made a couple of decent last ditch challenges.

But I would argue his demeanor and general strolling-about-ness is in marked contrast to last season's Van Dijk, and those last ditch challenges have been required as a result of him being caught out of position first, or just playing too casually.

Anyway, second half is up - let's turn this ship around... somehow.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Beggars belief our two highest goal scoring strikers from last season are on our bench whilst Long who hasn't scored since February is leading our line...

And for Christs sake Saints, ****ING SHOOT!

This is Long's 17th Premier League game since he last scored in the league v Sunderland last year, so maybe Old Les and Pellegrino think he is due one.