Stuart Armstrong

Kingsland Red

Personally I hope we don't sign anyone, because it would just mean those players are using their current clubs as stepping stones to play for us.

That's definitely wrong so I hope it is stamped out. Disgusting.

Reading the Celtic forum and chatting to Celtic fans this weekend they view outgoing transfers a lot different than us.

Reason being is they have faith in the recruitment team to sign a better player + they can be confident that any funds received will get reinvested back into the team.

That's my main gripe with our outflows....we are so hit n miss (far more miss lately) with recruitment and money does seem to just vanish.

I'd prefer we kept even average players as I have zero faith in Reed and / or Wilson

I think he's a decent player. Hopefully he comes and does well. He should add something a bit different to our midfield with respect to goals, and for the money you can't really argue.

What concerns me is that it was obvious last year that we needed another attacking mid / winger to take people on, link play, and create chances. We haven't made any real moves to sign one yet, and we're selling Tadic for half what he will cost to replace. Needs to be addressed PDQ.

Seems like it's worth a go for such a small amount of cash. Not the lost inspiring signing in the world but our big money buys have mostly been rubbish in the past few years so he's worth a try. I would hope we get at least one exciting signing with the vvd cash though in the mould of a mane or someone like that with raw talent. We shall see.

Reading the Celtic forum and chatting to Celtic fans this weekend they view outgoing transfers a lot different than us.

Reason being is they have faith in the recruitment team to sign a better player + they can be confident that any funds received will get reinvested back into the team.

That's my main gripe with our outflows....we are so hit n miss (far more miss lately) with recruitment and money does seem to just vanish.

I'd prefer we kept even average players as I have zero faith in Reed and / or Wilson

:lol: Horse ****e alert, the record transfer fee is 9m for Eduard.....

Wow they replaced Victor and VVD with better players fair play...

Who did they sign that was better than Wanyama & van Dijk? :?

Wow they replaced Victor and VVD with better players fair play...

Results improved without both so they are doing something right.

They've lost 8 league games in the 3 season since VVD left. 8 loses in 114 games

We sell we get worse.

They've lost 8 league games in the 3 season since VVD left. 8 loses in 114 games

We sell we get worse.

So this implies that you don't care about the transfers, just the results, meaning that we should wait until after the transfer window to discuss how it went?

Even so, Celtic are a massive team playing in a tiny league, 8 losses in that many games is not unexpected considering they're around 5 times better than any other team that league.

We sell we get worse.

Its an easy league with no competition, even you with your weird ideas could manage them and win everything

We sell we get worse.

They do seem to have a knack of finding diamonds in the rough on a consistent basis (and not just in 2014).

We sell we get worse.

Given that Celtic spend much of their money and the last 5 seasons taking every other clubs best players, they shouldn't have lost as many as 8. With Rangers having messed up their fanances, they lost the only competition they had. Don't confuse them being good with a lack of competition.

Good to bring in a British player. Seems a smart move for a low fee. Looks like a profile of player that we don't have.

Still require a lot more activity both in and out though. Certainly been a disappointing window so far, had expected more change.

We sell we get worse.

:lol: It's Scottish Football.

As an aside - my in-laws are Scottish, from Aberdeen, they support Man Utd...!

I don't understand why people can't look at this in a positive manner. He's cost £7m, which in today's market is not bad business at all. Just because Maddison had a great season at Norwich and went to Leicester for over £20m it doesn't guarantee anything. He could have a nightmare season, he could set the Premier league on fire, although I doubt the latter with Puel running things. In fact, they've taken a much bigger gamble than we have. As other have said, we need a Davis replacement and I would assume that's what Armstrong is.

If Tadic goes for £15m then I wouldn't be overly concerned. We'll make a small profit and let's be honest, he hasn't exactly been consistent for us. It looks to me that we're setting up to play a different way so I have no issue with changes being made to accommodate that. Sell Tadic and Boufal and replace with one decent player and I'd be more than happy with that. I've always felt that with Tadic, Boufal and Redmond we had too many similar, inconsistent players. Losing 2 of those 3 would be no bad thing at all.

Sounds like it might be a 'smart' signing, just the worries over why he's not been a regular for them over the last season or so, is this injuries?

according to the BBC article yes

Armstrong scored 17 goals in Rodgers' first season, leading to his first Scotland cap against Slovenia in 2017.

Injury hampered his impact last season, though he played four more games for Scotland to take his tally to six caps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44584238

Sounds like it might be a 'smart' signing, just the worries over why he's not been a regular for them over the last season or so, is this injuries?

He played 27 out of 38 SPL games, 2 injury periods (out with knee injury for 6 SPL games in Jan/Feb), hardly "not been a regular" despite the contract dispute at the beginning of the season (he didn't sign new contract until August). Played 41 times in all competitions, including 10 Champions League.

Pretty sure most of us could score if we were in that team in the SPL. Their league is ranked 26th in Europe. Cyprus and Azerbaijan have better leagues.....

Doesn't make him a bad player though!?

VVD, Wanyama, Forster, Davis..... Petrov, Viduka, Larsson, Arteta, Adam, etc all turned out OK in our big league.

Doesn't make him a bad player though!?

VVD, Wanyama, Forster, Davis..... Petrov, Viduka, Larsson, Arteta, Adam, etc all turned out OK in our big league.

Of course not. The point is scoring goals in that league means **** all.

Liam Boyce scored 23 goals in something like 30 league games the season before last. He now plays in league one. And that was with Ross County.

Thing I liked about reading about him is that he has wheels, apparently if he beats you your not catching him again.

Exactly what our attacking midfield needs (SD, JWP etc) on top of goalscoring and assists

Also important if he is to make the step up to the Premier League

The wage bill in the last accounts highlights we must be paying a lot of players a lot more than £40k p/w.

Some of our youth academy products have been reportedly been on more than that.

that is probably why we dont sign top drawer players for a mid table club