Spurs v Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

There's no point in Long, if a chance falls to him he completely fluffs it so why bother.
Because he can hold it up and bring in other players who can score. What's the point in getting nowhere near the goal with the striker we have anyway?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Zonal marking really is the worst thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it astonishing that anybody still employs it at this level - or at any level in fact.

It doesn't work and it's guaranteed to give away chances. Absolute madness that anybody would even consider using it.

I find it astonishing that anybody still employs it at this level - or at any level in fact.

It doesn't work and it's guaranteed to give away chances. Absolute madness that anybody would even consider using it.

I suppose it relies on who is doing the zonal marking.

Watching Rose, I can see why he's currently preferred over Bertrand for England - energetic, pushy. Bertie is a bit lethargic and lackadaisical.

Hopefully Ralph can get some energy & desire back into him cos he's a really good player when he's up for it.

As it stands we’re bottom of the league.

Not a bad performance. Davo tidy, Armstrong & PEH look lively, JWP ineffectual, Redmond & Gabbi wasteful. You can see why Yoshida has been left out early in season, for an experienced international, he’s been woeful lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT 0-1. Could be worse.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep.

It's not as though they are ripping us apart, but our marking is pretty dreadful. Nobody was watching Kane - you can't let a player like that just waltz into your 6-yard box like that and expect to get away with it. It's just basic stuff that can hopefully be coached out of them by RaHa.

On the occasions we have attacked we haven't looked too bad. PEH's shot deserved better and not many keepers would have got the touch that Lloris did.

Our overall play is far from awful, and certainly not worthy of being bottom of the league. It's our defensive naivety that costs us time and again.

To be honest, I don't think we're doing too bad. We're playing one of the best teams in the PL and keeping the score reasonable. Battling away in midfield and flashes of confidence from the strikers.

Only a brilliant save by their keeper stopped us scoring. It's not all doom and gloom but can't get away from the comical defending.

Anything better than 3-0 and I'll be happy...