Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

DT article encouraging - good that looking to sell Lemina. Talented for sure but not available enough for a higher earner but might be for a club on the continent so a move suits both parties. No surprise that looking to move on one or both keepers either. I like McCarthy but the club are spending way too much on keepers’ wages.

Adams I like the look of and good deal for all parties on Targett.

Agree Adams is a very good prospect.

Like you I would have no problem with Lemina moving on - I would far more sell him and invest in Kalvin Phillips as a like for like replacement

Given we're seemingly selling to buy, I'd take a good offer for Lemina. He doesn't play enough games and while he has more talent, others have been ultimately more useful for us.

Romeu, Højbjerg, Slattery, JWP and Armstrong should be enough really. I know I'd rather have a quality starting centre back and no Lemina than the other way round.

The more I look at this midfield, the more I realise why we struggled so much last year.

Romeu, Højbjerg, Slattery, JWP and Armstrong should be enough really. I know I'd rather have a quality starting centre back and no Lemina than the other way round.

Are you serious? Slattery has shown nothing so far to suggest he can play men's football. Armstrong is not a Premier League player. And we should be looking to upgrade Romeu to someone whose legs move.

Aside from that, midfield looks amazing...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Given we're seemingly selling to buy, I'd take a good offer for Lemina. He doesn't play enough games and while he has more talent, others have been ultimately more useful for us.

If I had to choose between Boufal and Lemina, one to sell and one to give another chance, I’d keep Lemina. I think without him we’re weak in central midfield. JWP doesn’t cover the same amount of ground, Slattery is completely unproven and Armstrong looks substandard to me.

If we get big money for someone that erratic and not in our first choice center mid pair it seems pretty obvious to take it.

Think we’d need some sort of midfielder to come in though not at anywhere near the price level of lemina.

Are you serious? Slattery has shown nothing so far to suggest he can play men's football. Armstrong is not a Premier League player. And we should be looking to upgrade Romeu to someone whose legs move.

Aside from that, midfield looks amazing...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

3 goals and 2 assists in 16 starts in his first PL season would suggest Armstrongs done well and is certainly a PL player. Yes maybe not a starter but a good squad player. Slattery needs to develop and should hopefully get more minutes. Agree with your thoughts on Romeu. He looks slower by the game and we could do with a more dynamic DM

One for consideration

Perhaps Ralph is Going to give Harrison Reed

his chance after 2 pretty decent seasons in the Championship

Sell One of the Midfielders to finance 2 decent CB’s

There's no way we're buying two CBs. I'll be happy with one, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a feeling Charlie might just sit tight and see his contract out, and who could blame him really, when this time next year with no fee he could still negotiate a decent wage. Fans need to accept you can't just discard when contracts are in place.

The flip side being that he will struggle to get a decent contract in a years time if he does that, whereas his stock is still relatively high now and he has his current deal as leverage.

I have a feeling Charlie might just sit tight and see his contract out, and who could blame him really, when this time next year with no fee he could still negotiate a decent wage. Fans need to accept you can't just discard when contracts are in place.

I wondered this as well.

In saying that if the story was true, Fulham / Palace might suit him geographically.

Would be a massive gamble for him with his track record of injuries. A bad injury this year and he doesn't get a contract anywhere

If I had to choose between Boufal and Lemina, one to sell and one to give another chance, I’d keep Lemina. I think without him we’re weak in central midfield. JWP doesn’t cover the same amount of ground, Slattery is completely unproven and Armstrong looks substandard to me.

Wasn't JWP the player who consistently covered the most ground last season? He might not be the fastest, but there's no questioning his stamina.

Can't exactly seeing him being first choice which might be the issue, he might expect to be and Ralph probably quite rightly would have Hojberg and JWP ahead of him, and hes not really a DM so can't fill that gap, and we then have Redmond/Djenepo/Ings/Adams/Long further forward depending on formation, so struggling to see where he is going to fit in.

Ideally you'd like him there to challenge JWP/Hojberg, but if hes not happy not being a nailed on starter probably best to let him go if we can get a decent fee for him.

Can't exactly seeing him being first choice which might be the issue, he might expect to be and Ralph probably quite rightly would have Hojberg and JWP ahead of him, and hes not really a DM so can't fill that gap, and we then have Redmond/Djenepo/Ings/Adams/Long further forward depending on formation, so struggling to see where he is going to fit in.

Ideally you'd like him there to challenge JWP/Hojberg, but if hes not happy not being a nailed on starter probably best to let him go if we can get a decent fee for him.

If that is his problem, it shows what a poor unprofessional attitude he has (and I think you are probably right).

He thinks he is better than he is. He is consistently inconsistent, injury prone, and has a huge ego.

If he was a decent pro, he’d be training like a beast, showing on the training ground what a fantastic work ethic he has, how fit he is, how determined and right up for the season ahead he is, and if not a first team starter, when he got his chance he’d get on the pitch and prove Ralph wrong for not starting him.

Reality is he’ll go and have a little moan on social media, tell everyone how amazing he is and just sulk.

He is Paul Pogba lite. And I think Paul Pogba is a terribly flawed player too for the same reasons as Mario. He is just better and has some reputation to fall back on.....over to you Mario.

I think you could be our best player.....

You’ve got to be bothered to show it though.....

There are two English clubs that want to Walter Kannemann: Wolverhampton and Southampton evaluate making an offer close to 12 million euros by the defender of the Guild and the National Team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Kannemann

28, centre back, plays for Gremio, and has played for Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSK8kfmpv2w

If that is his problem, it shows what a poor unprofessional attitude he has (and I think you are probably right).

He thinks he is better than he is. He is consistently inconsistent, injury prone, and has a huge ego.

If he was a decent pro, he’d be training like a beast, showing on the training ground what a fantastic work ethic he has, how fit he is, how determined and right up for the season ahead he is, and if not a first team starter, when he got his chance he’d get on the pitch and prove Ralph wrong for not starting him.

Reality is he’ll go and have a little moan on social media, tell everyone how amazing he is and just sulk.

He is Paul Pogba lite. And I think Paul Pogba is a terribly flawed player too for the same reasons as Mario. He is just better and has some reputation to fall back on.....over to you Mario.

I think you could be our best player.....

You’ve got to be bothered to show it though.....

I think he's always had the look of someone that thinks that Southampton FC is way below his level. Better to take the cash and wait for the next opportunity. Not basing this on anything other than body language and the effort he appears to put in. Like Van Dyke in his latter weeks.

Hope I'm wrong and he can put it all behind him and prove an absolute diamond next season. But suspect we'll cash in.

There are two English clubs that want to Walter Kannemann: Wolverhampton and Southampton evaluate making an offer close to 12 million euros by the defender of the Guild and the National Team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Kannemann

28, centre back, plays for Gremio, and has played for Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSK8kfmpv2w

Interesting one. Not the age profile but for a CB a good age - one to keep an eye on.

The comments surrounding Lemina's attitude have always baffled me a little. I don't think he's actually done anything to prove that his attitude is poor? The same goes with Boufal, who bar a bust up with Hughes, never seemed to overstep his mark on or off the pitch.

The comments surrounding Lemina's attitude have always baffled me a little. I don't think he's actually done anything to prove that his attitude is poor? The same goes with Boufal, who bar a bust up with Hughes, never seemed to overstep his mark on or off the pitch.

Yeah, I wouldn't look too deeply into the reasons why certain players are labelled by certain fans as lazy or unreliable.

Not white is normally the reason why players have a bad attitude with our fan base...

Not sure where he'd fit in, but would be a very good signing. Would surely spell the end for Long, Austin, Gallagher and Carrillo.

Fits the profile at least. Wonder if there's any chance we could be looking to move Ings on to one of the promoted clubs at cost or a small loss?

I remember reading a few months ago how Dortmund have a policy of selling pretty much anyone in midfield/attack aged over 25/26 as their data suggested capacity to run and press drops sharply from that point onward. Leipzig have a similar recruitment policy, so I wonder if Ralph wants us to adopt a similar approach here?

Fits the profile at least. Wonder if there's any chance we could be looking to move Ings on to one of the promoted clubs at cost or a small loss?

I remember reading a few months ago how Dortmund have a policy of selling pretty much anyone in midfield/attack aged over 25/26 as their data suggested capacity to run and press drops sharply from that point onward. Leipzig have a similar recruitment policy, so I wonder if Ralph wants us to adopt a similar approach here?

Wouldn't have thought so given we only signed him Monday.

think it was just a paper excercise on Monday though with all in place at the original transfer time as generally reported.

If we have 2 up front i guess we need 4 in the squad that can play there? Is 5 too many? Adams, Ings, Redmond, Long with gallagher and austin out. Personally think another striker (if really the right one) could fit in there with a risk of ings breaking down with injury and redmond being used in a different role

that said its probably agent ******** with our priorities surely elsewhere on the pitch!

think it was just a paper excercise on Monday though with all in place at the original transfer time as generally reported.

If we have 2 up front i guess we need 4 in the squad that can play there? Is 5 too many? Adams, Ings, Redmond, Long with gallagher and austin out. Personally think another striker (if really the right one) could fit in there with a risk of ings

!

You forgot Obafemi, plus I'd imagine Djenepro could play as a striker in Hasenhuttl's system if we really needed.

Any more strikers is just bloating an already bloated squad!

Wouldn't have thought so given we only signed him Monday.

We signed him on Monday as the 1st July is the start date of all professional football contracts in England, and we were obliged to sign him under the terms of the deal we did last summer with Liverpool.

I don't think that will have any impact on whether or not we are planning to do what verlaine1979 suggested.

Edit: We obviously signed him, not singed him!

If we have 2 up front i guess we need 4 in the squad that can play there? Is 5 too many? Adams, Ings, Redmond, Long with gallagher and austin out. Personally think another striker (if really the right one) could fit in there with a risk of ings breaking down with injury and redmond being used in a different role

that said its probably agent ******** with our priorities surely elsewhere on the pitch!

Forgotten Obafemi?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk