Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

1. By all accounts we have bid £14m and will no doubt negotiate further

2. Do you think Ralph did no due diligence on our financial capabilities before he arrived?

3. Why are you *always* so f.ucking negative?! It’s like being near a black hole FFS.

He walks around with one of those sandwich boards which has "The end of the world is coming"

He will if we can’t even stretch to 14 mill for a needed striker, let alone a CB in the ‘project’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he would leave Saints because he so-called can't get his own targets, I somehow doubt he's going to pitch up at Newcastle where he would get less of a say in transfers...

1. By all accounts we have bid £14m and will no doubt negotiate further

2. Do you think Ralph did no due diligence on our financial capabilities before he arrived?

3. Why are you *always* so f.ucking negative?! It’s like being near a black hole FFS.

Just waiting for the Lemina is off because.......

Same old same old with DT

Are we back for pre season training next week?

Looks like we'll only have one new signing (who won't even be there for another month) by then.

It's not exactly panic stations yet, and not uncommon for us to drag out the transfer window, but I thought the manager was extremely keen to have his new squad settled early doors so he could integrate everyone into the regime asap.

Still - at least - a striker, CB and RB shy of the bare minimum business we need to do. Although Hasenhuttl said he wanted five in that recent interview - which position the fifth target fills is anyone's guess.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

To be honest if we want him there is now way a serie A club like sassualo can beat us.

But I still don't believe this one - think its just to put pressure on Brum to sell and or Okereke agent is trying to drum up business for his client.

So whats the general consensus - New management team additions get announced on monday and then we try to close deals ASAP - when is pre-season back officially ? I've missed the date is it next week or the week after ?

Not sure Ralph would have envisaged starting preseason with no new signings in attendance.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Officially you cannot sign anyone before 1st of July anyway, and I would imagine most players that have ‘signed’ elsewhere would have had something negotiated to ensure they recieve their loyalty bonuses.

I’m not panicking yet, its pretty obvious to me that we have far too much deadwood floating around that we need to remove before we can have a concrete view of what our finances will allow

I’m hoping a week or so into July should see some decent movement

To be honest if we want him there is now way a serie A club like sassualo can beat us.

But I still don't believe this one - think its just to put pressure on Brum to sell and or Okereke agent is trying to drum up business for his client.

So whats the general consensus - New management team additions get announced on monday and then we try to close deals ASAP - when is pre-season back officially ? I've missed the date is it next week or the week after ?

Believe it's next week

I believe players start drifting back in next week, also contracts start/finish July 1st so maybe a bit more movement in the transfer market from next week.

Might be worth bearing in mind the European U21's tournament still on in case Ralph is looking at any of them.

As is the Women's WC of course, in case he's looking to sign a couple !

Thanks.

We can then start talking about football again instead of this deadwood v new wood transfers.

Got a feeling we have another month and ten days to go of that... :lol:

Roll-on to when the friendlies start & we can speculate why certain players aren’t playing...

It's the non-appearances in training camps which are the true highlight of the summer...

Celtic sign rumoured annual saints target Christopher Jullien.

will be interesting to see how he fairs. Both Diop and Jullien were there for the taking from Toulouse, but we went for Vesterguaard instead. Diop looked decent to me in his first season at West Ham.

I think its telling we're having to move on sellable assets we'd prefer to keep ahead of all all the deadwood we've signed over the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, it was always going to catch up with us eventually

How much cash must that lot be on if some of them aren't even being linked with moves in the media despite clearly being surplus to requirements?

Lots & lots. Loan moves for most of them at best, IMO.

I think its telling we're having to move on sellable assets we'd prefer to keep ahead of all all the deadwood we've signed over the last 2-3 years.

Which sellable assets are we selling that we’d rather keep?

will be interesting to see how he fairs. Both Diop and Jullien were there for the taking from Toulouse, but we went for Vesterguaard instead. Diop looked decent to me in his first season at West Ham.

Perhaps they did not want come to Southampton

The Southampton squad is being comprehensively re-worked by manager Ralph Hassenhuttl and the director of football operations, Ross Wilson. There are expected to be moves away from Southampton for another homegrown player, striker Sam Gallagher, 23, and the experienced centre-forward Charlie Austin in whom there is considerable interest.

Southampton are looking at potential moves for Mario Lemina, Wesley Hoedt, Fraser Forster, Alex McCarthy and Cedric Soares. Their next priority will be signing a centre-back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/29/southampton-continue-squad-overhaul-15m-arrival-che-adams-17m/

Lemina now added to the out list in the Sam Wallace telegraph article
Personally think he's got a lot to offer us, but wouldn't be surprised if Hasenhuttl didn't view him as essential - he's barely been available in all the time the manager's been here.

Has to be replaced if sold, though. Our midfield stocks aren't deep with quality.

No one has mentioned Mo Elyoumossi as being on the exit list. He came with a good reputation but to say he failed to deliver would be a massive understatement. Surely he can't be that bad - maybe be will be a revelation this season. After all many wrote Redmond off this time last year. Maybe I am clutching a straws.

Personally think he's got a lot to offer us, but wouldn't be surprised if Hasenhuttl didn't view him as essential - he's barely been available in all the time the manager's been here.

Has to be replaced if sold, though. Our midfield stocks aren't deep with quality.

You wouldn't sell Lemina unless the rest of our transfer activity depended on it. But as he probably commands the highest fee of anyone in our squad, and is among the most likely to find buyers around Europe, I guess it makes economic sense if there's no money in the kitty. £25m for Lemina + £14m for Targett + £15m for the assorted rabble probably keeps us net neutral again.

No one has mentioned Mo Elyoumossi as being on the exit list. He came with a good reputation but to say he failed to deliver would be a massive understatement. Surely he can't be that bad - maybe be will be a revelation this season. After all many wrote Redmond off this time last year. Maybe I am clutching a straws.

No I don't think you are clutching at straws his Stats were pretty good prior to joining us.

But it must be difficult finding decent form if you don't play very often

Gunn

Valery - Bednarek - NEW - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - NEW

Redmond - Djenepo

Ings - Adams

Don’t personally rate Ings but this would be an alright looking team to start the season with. Need a proper DM next to PEH though.

I think its more likely Redmond starts in the front two.

Personally I think we go with

Gunn

Valery Bednarek NEW Bertrand

Hoj Romeu

JWP Djenepo/Boufal

Adams Redmond

Don't know why everyone is so keen to drop JWP he has been excellent this season.

Another option is

Gunn

Valery Bednarek NEW Bertrand

Lemina Romeu Hoj

JWP Adams Redmond

I like him but not physical or pacy enough in a 4222. Can't see it personally.

Agree, always saw him as a potential Davis replacement until the new formation. His attributes don’t really fit playing in either the first or second ‘2’ really.

DT article encouraging - good that looking to sell Lemina. Talented for sure but not available enough for a higher earner but might be for a club on the continent so a move suits both parties. No surprise that looking to move on one or both keepers either. I like McCarthy but the club are spending way too much on keepers’ wages.

Adams I like the look of and good deal for all parties on Targett.

Lemina one of the few who we could make a profit on, I'm sure. Would be happy if he stayed but equally he wasnt available for most of the RH reign so far and is at the most sellable stage of his contract, which he is likely to want to extend.

Shame we didnt have Lemina during the RK era where we were a good side.

All the others make sense.

If we raise some cash then surely the priorities are:

CB - with mobility and good on the ball

RB - ability to play both sides preferred

Central Mid - depending on sales and if RH has identified a good option. Would be a bonus signing. Mooy not the answer, we need a more defensive option.