The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Judging by that picture the article looks like it was probably written in the early 90's - especially given the reference to 'ministry of sound'.  Probably written just 25 years after homosexuality was made legal in the country, but certainly at a time when it was against the law to teach or promote the "acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship".  Whilst we have (rightly) encountered many decades of change in attitude, the article looks to be reflecting the attitudes of the time.

1998 so nearly quarter of a century ago

Tank-topped bum boys.’

The “bum boy” quote dates back to a 1998 Telegraph column about the gay MP Peter Mandelson’s resignation from the New Labour cabinet.

funnily enough earlier up the thread I said someone might use a silly insult from decades ago as further evidence against Boris and I was right! 🤣

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Are you suggesting poor old soggy has been angrily thumping away at his keyboard and has got it all wrong again?

It's definitely a distinct possibility.

But like he so eloquently states 

if these things were done by Corbyn, Starmer, Abbot etc the right wing media would be all over it

He also seems very perturbed that 'Johnson has got away with it' once again, suggesting that rather than the fact he didn't actually do what soggy has conjured up in his own mind, the only reason he's managed to escape justice is because those pesky kids have given up :mcinnes:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Judging by that picture the article looks like it was probably written in the early 90's - especially given the reference to 'ministry of sound'.  Probably written just 25 years after homosexuality was made legal in the country, but certainly at a time when it was against the law to teach or promote the "acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship".  Whilst we have (rightly) encountered many decades of change in attitude, the article looks to be reflecting the attitudes of the time.

See, this 'defence' might hold water if Johnson had at any point in the intervening years shown any remorse or acknowledgement that such comments were no longer acceptable (they still weren't in 1998, BTW).

But he hasn't. He's unrepentant about it and has flatly refused to apologise when pressed on the matter.

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Reflecting the attitudes of certain right wing cunts of the time you mean?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Reflecting the attitudes of certain right wing cunts of the time you mean?

Pretty sure left wing cunts also called gay men rentboys at the time - can't remember the "red wall" were particularly embracing of the gay scene 25 years ago :mcinnes:

Edited by Weston Super Saint

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Pretty sure left wing cunts also called gay men rentboys at the time - can't remember the "red wall" were particularly embracing of the gay scene 25 years ago :mcinnes:

True, But I was referring to Johnson and the type of people he was pandering to in the Telegraph.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Written in 1998

5 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Is Raab really thick and out of his depth or is he just limited by a very poor defence script?

Either way he's having a shocker today.

You need to ask the question?

As Brexit secretary Raab stood up on national television and told everyone that he was unaware just how reliant the UK was on the Dover-Calais trade route.

There’s a very good reason the Daily Star lampoon Raab on their front page so often, when a rag like that is regularly calling you a thicko you should probably take notice.

00-FA5437-D51-C-4282-91-B6-4417-F5-D3-ED

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

You need to ask the question?

As Brexit secretary Raab stood up on national television and told everyone that he was unaware just how reliant the UK was on the Dover-Calais trade route.

There’s a very good reason the Daily Star lampoon Raab on their front page so often, when a rag like that is regularly calling you a thicko you should probably take notice.

00-FA5437-D51-C-4282-91-B6-4417-F5-D3-ED

I prefer the graphic on this one with his little arms

CA5FC562-E26C-4E34-BFDD-9FF717AA3A3E.jpeg

26 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Surely the fat cunt has got to resign now.

I wouldn’t bank on it. What he should do and what he does are two very different things. They will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of No.10. So far none of the other cabinet members have managed to grow a spine. Hopefully a few more will go before tomorrow. I expect there will be a lot of internal pressure on him to go but will he listen? 

• Like 1

Hopefully the sideshow will be over soon.  He won an election, pushed through Brexit and for the first in my life I voted Tory.

But, his government are shite, there is no credible plan to deal with the cost of living and Boris is a lying fucker.

I’m actually annoyed that more of the Cabinet haven’t resigned. Mind you, some have been promoted so far beyond their ability that the likes of Patel, Raab and Dorries will do well to get jobs cleaning Parliaments shitters after Boris falls.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Hopefully the sideshow will be over soon.  He won an election, pushed through Brexit and for the first in my life I voted Tory.

But, his government are shite, there is no credible plan to deal with the cost of living and Boris is a lying fucker.

I’m actually annoyed that more of the Cabinet haven’t resigned. Mind you, some have been promoted so far beyond their ability that the likes of Patel, Raab and Dorries will do well to get jobs cleaning Parliaments shitters after Boris falls.

He was then as well being such now.

• Like 3