Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

14 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

If the cap fits!

Another one who seemingly thinks that because footballers earn a lot of money, they shouldn’t suffer phycological and mental issues. 

“Who cares if you’re doubting your ability, just facking get on with it Innit.”

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dman said:

Another one who seemingly thinks that because footballers earn a lot of money, they shouldn’t suffer phycological and mental issues. 

“Who cares if you’re doubting your ability, just facking get on with it Innit.”

I have no sympathy for them the poor diddums. Mollycoddled Wallies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I have no sympathy for them the poor diddums. Mollycoddled Wallies.

No one has asked for sympathy, nor said that they’re not trying ‘to do their best’, however if you cannot see the impact motivation, moral and confidences has to a professional sportsman (in fact anyone), then that says more about you than them. 

2 hours ago, saint lard said:

Good old Charlie Austin has just a few moments ago done a question /answer thing on twitter…

he was asked “why do you hate saints…?”

his reply verbatim” I don’t,just the manager”

i truly think Ralph makes a lot of enemies of players…both past,and more importantly present  

and not just because he drops them for games

perhaps he just drops them not because of form but simple dislike. I would not be surprised if he does it out of spite if someone questions him  

perhaps Che has questioned him on occasions hence he dropped him after his decent run with us and for Scotland, it seemed crazy at the time and now he’s truly out of favour  

To be fair, Charlie Austin is an A grade bellend so I'm not sure it is worth reading anything into it...

However in the interests of balance Ralph does seem to have a bit of a problem with strikers - perhaps it's an ego thing that Ralph doesn't know how to handle or a hoddle like problem that Ralph has with strikers?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

To be fair, Charlie Austin is an A grade bellend so I'm not sure it is worth reading anything into it...

However in the interests of balance Ralph does seem to have a bit of a problem with strikers - perhaps it's an ego thing that Ralph doesn't know how to handle or a hoddle like problem that Ralph has with strikers?

Based on things I had read about Charlie I wasn’t sure about talking to him, but at Townsville airport after their game against Aston Villa he couldn’t have been friendlier and spoke complementary about the club and his time before it ended. 

58 minutes ago, Dman said:

No one has asked for sympathy, nor said that they’re not trying ‘to do their best’, however if you cannot see the impact motivation, moral and confidences has to a professional sportsman (in fact anyone), then that says more about you than them. 

It says nothing about me. "Multi-millionaires need motivating" shock horror. The key word here is 'professional'. That means doing something and getting paid for it. Perhaps they are being paid too much if they aren't up to performing.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

30 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It says nothing about me. "Multi-millionaires need motivating" shock horror. The key word here is 'professional'. That means doing something and getting paid for it. Perhaps they are being paid too much if they aren't up to performing.

Perhaps Ralph should ask you to take the next team talk. I’d expect them to come out all guns blazing with your incredible words of wisdom.

Or perhaps get a manager in who can actually boost moral in the dressing room. 

1 hour ago, MAY-Z said:

Based on things I had read about Charlie I wasn’t sure about talking to him, but at Townsville airport after their game against Aston Villa he couldn’t have been friendlier and spoke complementary about the club and his time before it ended. 

Interesting, maybe he maintains a public persona (in the same way that Robbie savage does) in order to spark controversy - in which case anything he puts on twitter is well worth ignoring as it won't even be his real view!

40 minutes ago, Dman said:

Perhaps Ralph should ask you to take the next team talk. I’d expect them to come out all guns blazing with your incredible words of wisdom.

Or perhaps get a manager in who can actually boost moral in the dressing room. 

Sure. Just give me the £6m a year that he's earning and I'll give it a go. Could I do any worse?

For context, the average Premier League player's wages are £60,000 a week. I'll just let that sink in a minute. 

That means that they 'earn' in just one month the same as the UK average house price. They 'earn' more in a week than twice the average annual UK salary. (Yes, I know, they might pay some tax on this).

Now get out there and show me that you're worth it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Sure. Just give me the £6m a year that he's earning and I'll give it a go. Could I do any worse?

For context, the average Premier League player's wages are £60,000 a week. I'll just let that sink in a minute. 

That means that they 'earn' in just one month the same as the UK average house price. They 'earn' more in a week than twice the average annual UK salary. (Yes, I know, they might pay some tax on this).

Now get out there and show me that you're worth it.

Why does money come into it? They get paid what the club thinks they are worth or the going rate. If you are surrounded by people being paid the same as you then having a motivational character around can be the difference - nothing to do with money.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I don’t get how 4222 is an any more difficult system then 532 tbh… but thats just me

We also play this also almost suicidally high line.. the WBs were basically camped on Spurs/Monaco’s by line and even 2 of the 3 CBs pushed up and played as narrow FBs at about 30/40 yards out from Spurs goal… I appreciate the pressure we put them under but as per usual it is so fragile on the break… I can’t see hiw it was coached particularly well either, Djenepo/KWP kept being overloaded as the MF 3 stayed pretty central, AA despite his efforts looked lost and we just allowed cross after cross into the box

Finally, and I say this about most 3 atb teams.. if you don’t play 3 atb consistently with the same back 3 then its just confusing, in a 2 atb you know its you and your partner and you adjust responsibility accordingly, in a 3, and we saw this Saturday, it introduces a bit of confusion as you second guess who is marking, who is attacking the ball, who is covering etc… so in that instance Im not convinced what we are playing is any more ‘defensive’

If he was defensive solidity then we should go 4 atb with a double pivot ahead but thats just me, it also suits our players better.. considering we have arguably 3/4 defensively minded MFers, 2 good No.10s and 2/3 bang average wingers.. with only 2 FBs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Basically it is unwise to play wing backs unless you have two who can play the system correctly ie they can get up and down the pitch, defend well, know when to stay and when to go forward and can deliver good offensive passes and crosses. We do not have two such players so shouldn't be adopting this system.

Well, someone’s been talking to the Daily Mail.

Loose lips sink ships - May have some sort of bearing on people mentioning at the forum last night that you could see some tension.

Beginning of the end I think 

Considering what I believe to be good work in the market so far by SR, it would be nice to see who they could bring in 

Edited by saints1988

Ultimately if Ralph was any good at this level then he wouldn’t still be at Saints, the Premier League and top European clubs have had a lot of movement in managerial appointments over the past three years - not one solid sniff of interest in Ralph. 

Clubs can see past the tight budgets and restrictions in his role when hiring, he is just not that good and hopefully SR have seen it now 

7 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

Ultimately if Ralph was any good at this level then he wouldn’t still be at Saints, the Premier League and top European clubs have had a lot of movement in managerial appointments over the past three years - not one solid sniff of interest in Ralph. 

Define a "solid" sniff....?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-permanent-manager-hasenhuttl-23302546

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

The most troubling part for me is that this stuff - especially if it's recurrent (which it has been with Ralph) - makes its way quickly through the agent community, and then to prospective signings. The reputation of the manager can either be a big attraction for players or a solid reason NOT to go there. This is how issues within a club can spiral if they're not addressed. I'm not sure there are many quality players out there at the moment thinking they'd love to play for Ralph.

Do get the feeling that if we don't win any of the league games in August - a distinct possibility - then he will do well to last much beyond then.

Will be very interesting to see the selection and tactics on Saturday.

Its not hard to work out the players who would be most disgruntled even if in the main we would happily get rid of most of them!

Wonder if this kind of situation puts off potential signings?

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Describe side stepping the question

If true (highly doubtful) - considering how United have been working in the world of football over the past decade I wouldn’t call it a glowing inditement of Ralph’s managerial ability  

Im also guessing it's an attacker (probably Che's agent) who is complaining based on the defensive comments, we should focus on our defence cos we've been utter shit.

Sort out the defensive then the attack, unfortunately the defensive is the La Sagrada Familia and is taking 100yrs to complete.

Edited by Convict Colony

3 minutes ago, saints1988 said:

If true (highly doubtful) - considering how United have been working in the world of football over the past decade I wouldn’t call it a glowing inditement of Ralph’s managerial ability  

But I'm still not sure what consitutes a "solid sniff"... how would such a "sniff" manifest itself and how would we get to hear about it, other than an article such as the example I found? Ta very much in advance for the clarification.

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Aside from JWP there isn't a player who has earnt enough credit based on their own performance to judge someone else's.

KWP definitely has. Romeu as well, he was very good early in the season before his legs gave out later on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

KWP definitely has. Romeu as well, he was very good early in the season before his legs gave out later on.

Yeah agree, both seem to like Ralph based on interactions in the videos especially in pre-season.

All our players need to put a shift in, listen to Ralphs tactics and most importantly CONCENTRATE for the full game.

Think for the spurs game our players were maybe under cooked, I want to see positional discipline and good decision making v Leeds.

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Yeah agree, both seem to like Ralph based on interactions in the videos especially in pre-season.

All our players need to put a shift in, listen to Ralphs tactics and most importantly CONCENTRATE for the full game.

Think for the spurs game our players were maybe under cooked, I want to see positional discipline and good decision making v Leeds.

what exactly ARE Ralph's tactics? 

9 minutes ago, DT said:

what exactly ARE Ralph's tactics? 

Am not Ralph, I am just a hindsight merchant whose never wrong and tactics change game to game hence they are called tactics not strategy.

However I would sum our tactics as thus, defence don't be shit, especially don't kick the ball into the wrong net. When we get forward, put in an early cross, not turn backwards and pass back to midfield which allows the opposition to reset and get men behind the ball and midfielders when that early cross goes in one of you get to the top of the box for any loose balls l. Also forwards the goal is to get the ball in-between those sticks but for fucksake avoid the inbred in goal.

Edited by Convict Colony

It gets better….Southampton sources insist there is no appetite to change manager at present – however, there is now said to be ‘increased tension’ behind the scenes, with some of the newly-formed backroom team even harbouring misgivings over Hasenhuttl & his strategies #saintsfc @MailSport

Southampton players spoke to members of the club’s hierarchy at the end of last season & expressed concern over Ralph Hasenhuttl’s management #saintsfc @AdrianJKajumba @CraigHope_DM

The response from the club was to change the entirety of his coaching staff - with the manager remaining in place, much to the ‘surprise & disappointment’ of some within the squad #saintsfc @AdrianJKajumba @CraigHope_DM

Edited by saint lard

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl