Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

11 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I said it before and I'll say it again - if we sack Ralph, we 100% will get relegated.

Or we stick with the guy who has at least kept us up.

I say we will 100% be relegated if we keep Ralph, therefore I say get a proven manager in now and it reduces the probability of relegation to something less than 100%, so,  we’ll worth the risk. 

…another debacle against Leeds and I think it will be a moot point anyway 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I said it before and I'll say it again - if we sack Ralph, we 100% will get relegated.

Because no one could manage better than getting the team to concede 34 in 13 matches. It's a disgrace Ralph hasn't been knighted already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Am I right in saying it’s 10 defeats in 13 and 5 points from a possible 39?….if it’s anything like that it’s truly diabolical. 
Im sure I will be corrected if I’m wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Calling MLG to the thread. Or the poster formally known as MLG. 

Edited by saint lard

10 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Am I right in saying it’s 10 defeats in 13 and 5 points from a possible 39?….if it’s anything like that it’s truly diabolical. 

You’re not right. You’ve just chosen the wrong selection of games. Is there any particular reason why you left out the wins and draws?

10 hours ago, WestMidSaint said:

Our timing is so poor.

If he goes in the next month or two all that time was wasted when the new man could’ve been getting to know players and put down new foundations. 

Not sure if he would have had any input in recruitment, but if so it’s again stupid we’re letting someone on his last legs influence transfer business when they are (hopefully) not going to be around much longer. 

He is severely past his expiry date with me. Whilst I don’t particularly have any genius name to replace him with, if the club did not draw up a potential list 3-4 month ago then they’re completely stupid.

I’ve supported Ralph but am surprised he’s still in post. He looked broken and disinterested during the lap around the pitch at the end of last season.

I think it’s now a matter of when rather than if he goes. Was hoping the change of backroom staff might change our fortunes but clearly not. I don’t think Selles was an RH selection and the others appear to be more ‘rearranging deckchairs’.

Don’t think Selles has had the impact as a defensive coach that’s for sure.

I don’t blame RH for the recruitment policy. But tactics and selection are at his door. Leaving Adams out not bringing him on for AA is bizarre.

Have to wonder if we don’t win against Leeds whether Ralph will match or better Sturrocks three games at the start of 2004/5.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Marco Rose - Ex Red Bull Salzburg coach - did well at monchengladbach (I follow them) and then Dortmund took him but sacked him when they finished 2nd

out of the above i think Rose would be the best - available and wants to play our way, has experience with a big club etc etc

Interesting and decent option there CC, but out of interest, any idea why it didn’t work out at Dortmund? I got the impression a fall out with DOF, but not sure.

Another name from the Bundesliga someone put forward last season was Svennson at Mainz. But of course he’s currently in employment so will need SR to change the club’s usual practice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Interesting and decent option there CC, but out of interest, any idea why it didn’t work out at Dortmund? I got the impression a fall out with DOF, but not sure.

Another name from the Bundesliga someone put forward last season was Svennson at Mainz. But of course he’s currently in employment so will need SR to change the club’s usual practice. 

Can't be based on performance, difficult to compete in the Bundesliga when the one same team is guaranteed to win every season. 😂

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

I wonder if Les took his secret file of up coming managers with him when he cleared his desk?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Since beating Arsenal we have played 7 games and taken 1 point. We also took 1 point in 5 PL games before the Arsenal game. So 5 points in 13 matches is correct.

( We also lost to Man City in the FACup in the game before Arsenal ).

Edited by badgerx16
missed a few games
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

You’re not right. You’ve just chosen the wrong selection of games. Is there any particular reason why you left out the wins and draws?

Since beating WHU in the FACup we have won 1 match in all competitions, ( Arsenal ), and drawn 2, ( Leeds and Brighton ), out of 14 matches played.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Since beating WHU in the FACup we have won 1 match in all competitions, ( Arsenal ), and drawn 2, ( Leeds and Brighton ), out of 14 matches played.

he cant have long left. it's not like they've all been narrow defeats either, a 6-0, a 4-0, a 3-0, 3 x 4-1s, so 6 hammerings in 14 games and we've conceded two or more in every game except for Arsenal and Leeds games. That's inexcusable form for a premier league club.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Dreadful. No other word for it. Yesterday’s selection, mad substitutions and players giving up surely means that Ralph is on borrowed time. He’s no tactical genius and players aren’t playing for him. Tick tock. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

he cant have long left. it's not like they've all been narrow defeats either, a 6-0, a 4-0, a 3-0, 3 x 4-1s, so 6 hammerings in 14 games and we've conceded two or more in every game except for Arsenal and Leeds games. That's inexcusable form for a premier league club.

That part wont be an issue soon if we keep Ralph in charge.

I really think we are in danger this season, I dont care it is only one game, as the rot is yet again set in from the previous season.  Ive seen some people sayin he should get time up to the World Cup, bollocks would I be waiting this long, if we have a shit first 6 or 7 games results wise, id be culling him then.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Considering we got battered by Arsenal and owe that result to the Fraser having the game of his life, that is quite a staggering run.

That game was a freak, I’ve been shot down more than once for stating that, but I think that is what saved Ralph. Had we lost that, the end of the season may have been very different.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

are we a better option for him than Brentford though? 

I not sure just throwing it out there. At the moment no. But we still have the potential and Rasmus could sell it to him. 
That’s why yesterday has pissed me and quite a few fence sitters off. I can see the potential that we have.

Convinced we will make a couple more signings. Under SRs plan we don’t have to sell yet, that will be factored in.

A fresh manager and things will look better.

Just now, manji said:

I not sure just throwing it out there. At the moment no. But we still have the potential and Rasmus could sell it to him. 
That’s why yesterday has pissed me and quite a few fence sitters off. I can see the potential that we have.

Convinced we will make a couple more signings. Under SRs plan we don’t have to sell yet, that will be factored in.

A fresh manager and things will look better.

who runs the club, Semmens or SR?

3 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

That part wont be an issue soon if we keep Ralph in charge.

I really think we are in danger this season, I dont care it is only one game, as the rot is yet again set in from the previous season.  Ive seen some people sayin he should get time up to the World Cup, bollocks would I be waiting this long, if we have a shit first 6 or 7 games results wise, id be culling him then.

After Leeds we have Leicester (away) then home games against Man Utd and Chelsea. How "shit" might the first 5 be ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

who runs the club, Semmens or SR?

It’s feeling like it’s SR. I don’t have a problem with Semmens, but he is not a “football man” and, I’m speculating, may have been happy to hand footballing control to others.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

are we a better option for him than Brentford though? 

What do we have that Brentford dont?,youth?, are we a better option than them? if we continue to play predictive ponderous slow football then Ralph has to go .We need at least3-4 wins before September ends,  or hope the teams around us are also finding things difficult.

I doubt this would be overly popular but I'd go for Dyche. 

He will get us organised for sure and give us an identity back. 

It might not be overly exciting for a while but jeez, it's a million miles from that right now, and looks like it's getting worse match by match.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MarkSFC said:

It might not be overly exciting for a while but jeez, it's a million miles from that right now, and looks like it's getting worse match by match.

R.a9bf0140ccee70de567209b41b133cff?rik=xLAiuewkBczBaQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

No way we might get a new manager lift for a couple of games. His long ball shit. Absolutely does not fit in to our philosophy.

7 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Would be a daft move, you don't build a club on that. That's one way of moving from manager to manager to manager over a short-period of time.

I can't see how we have the players for Dyche-ball either, for a start he needs defenders who know how to defend and target men who know how to play up top on their own. We have neither.

I do still have the overriding fear that changing the manager will change very little in terms of our outcome. I just look at Utd and the amount of managers they've gone through, still utilising the same core of useless players and then wondering why it's always the same. Feels similar with us to be honest.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Please as a Ralph fan can you explain his tactics you have seen that makes you certain we will stay up?

Why do you think there is no one else capable of getting more than 5 points in 13 games? Is the tactic of bringing in players from the cold (his doing) a master plan none of us all can see?

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Would be a daft move, you don't build a club on that. That's one way of moving from manager to manager to manager over a short-period of time.

I can't see how we have the players for Dyche-ball either, for a start he needs defenders who know how to defend and target men who know how to play up top on their own. We have neither.

I do still have the overriding fear that changing the manager will change very little in terms of our outcome. I just look at Utd and the amount of managers they've gone through, still utilising the same core of useless players and then wondering why it's always the same. Feels similar with us to be honest.

I don't think our players are useless, I think the problems are more on the tactical side of things. 

There's a few glaring problems with the squad - striker, number 10s or wide players and full back are the obvious ones but even those areas could be mitigated by better use of the players we do have.  Like playing Adams who everyone agrees is the best striker at the club currently.  The three at the back has been rubbish all pre-season - that didn't need to happen against Spurs.  The lack of being able to set up a team to defend properly - I don't think that's 100% the fault of the players (I'll admit they don't always help themselves though).  There's no quick movement up front, we're too ponderous and slow at moving the ball forward.  I think a new coach could instantly bring about a change in mentality and boost confidence which is something that Ralph is struggling with at the moment.

Just my opinion but I think changing the manager would make a big difference.

• Like 6

First things first: get rid of Adam Armstrong who is shocking, will never be a PL player, he s way too small to play alone up front, he s supposed to harass defenders with his guile but doesn t even do that.

Then Bring in a striker with a bit of presence who ll move the opposition defenders.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

First things first: get rid of Adam Armstrong who is shocking, will never be a PL player, he s way too small to play alone up front, he s supposed to harass defenders with his guile but doesn t even do that.

Then Bring in a striker with a bit of presence who ll move the opposition defenders.

You can certainly see why Shane Long was being picked ahead of him last season. He offers nothing. 

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Please as a Ralph fan can you explain his tactics you have seen that makes you certain we will stay up?

Why do you think there is no one else capable of getting more than 5 points in 13 games? Is the tactic of bringing in players from the cold (his doing) a master plan none of us all can see?

I'm not certain we will stay up, I'm just saying that the man who has kept us up with a very poor squad for 4 seasons may just be the man to do so again... (let's not forget the miracle of us staying up after Mark Hughes...)

Not that we should be in a relegation battle of course, but we're not going down this season with him at the helm, you can quote me on that at the end of the season.

If we end up 15th again or worse, get someone else in for next season, I totally agree. But we will go down this season if we sack him.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

It’s feeling like it’s SR. I don’t have a problem with Semmens, but he is not a “football man” and, I’m speculating, may have been happy to hand footballing control to others.

You have to hope this is the case. Martin Semmens is a marketing person, capable of selling the narrative, but thankfully SR have football people. This should mean they’ll see through Ralph if he can’t turn it around very quickly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

You have to hope this is the case. Martin Semmens is a marketing person, capable of selling the narrative, but thankfully SR have football people. This should mean they’ll see through Ralph if he can’t turn it around very quickly. 

My understanding of the management was that Semmens is the CEO for the running of the club. Matt Crocker is the football person, though not a DOF as far as I’m aware.

The appointment of Joe Shields appears positive, although we continue with our policy of mainly kindergarten recruitment.

This something for SR to address.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Into what role?

We have a director of football already - Matt Crocker

If RH is to move into an ‘upstairs role’ I suspect it would be with the wider SR group rather than SFC.

Issue being of course that SR have yet to expand the group to warrant this role.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

My understanding of the management was that Semmens is the CEO for the running of the club. Matt Crocker is the football person, though not a DOF as far as I’m aware.

His LinkedIn profile says he is...

Director of Football Operations
Southampton Football Club
Feb 2020 - Present  2 yrs 7 mos
Southampton, United Kingdom
Overall responsibility for the club’s football strategy, philosophy and culture.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-crocker-938872188?originalSubdomain=uk

Edited by Matthew Le God

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl