Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

51 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

His style being to get sacked 15 points behind Ralph, with a team of players arguably better than what we’ve currently got, half of which (Pope, Mee, Tarkowski, McNeil, Cornet) people on here were suggesting we sign when they sent down.

This. If Ralph is the question, surely Dyche isn't the answer...?

I would imagine our next manager will be a relative unknown again #saintsy

Edited by trousers

Just now, trousers said:

This. If Ralph is the question, surely Dyche isn't the answer...?

Dyche might at least be able to show Ralph that defending crosses is possible.

“It is the effect that you are not always having pressure on the ball and if they have free crosses it is not easy to defend balls in the box,”

• Like 1

Ralph's record for the last 13 league games is won 1, drawn 2 lost 10. Goals for 10, goals against 34. That is basically one third of a season and we have taken just 5 points with a goal difference of -24. The one win was what many thought was a fortunate one against Arsenal. It's pretty damning. Can't see how he manages to cling on.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

SR have balls of steel, I'll give them that. Wouldn't be trusting my £90m investment with RH. 

It's as much their balls up now, they had their chance having seen what happened last season.

Plus a new manager now comes with all sorts of issues, new staff, will want new players, new tactics etc. Its a clusterf@&k.

They had their chance in mid May.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Just concentrate on The Hundred if you are a cricket fan and enjoy a few nice days out which don’t involve Premier League football. By all means watch some local football in non league.

Dont give Ralph any more encouragement. Total charlatan, today was a 7th choice ex-full back not good enough for Birmingham, a striker who can’t hold the ball up and a CB who clearly can’t stand being at SFC. Second half there was no focal point at all. 

It would take SR sacking him this weekend to cause me to take any interest in this season at all. Five years of Pellegrino, Hughes and this twat. Ralph is making a great effort to topple Branfoot (yes, I lived through that time) as the worst ever manager. Needs a Benitez figure to instil some organisation and football expertise into the squad and help the new owners.

This is total and utter nonsense. He's bloody kept us up for four seasons but you think he's our worst ever manager? Deluded

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

He’s the Adel Taarabt of managers. Unstoppable on his day, but that day rarely comes.

That’s why I find him so frustrating because there is a very good manager in there somewhere, but it feels like we see it less and less as his tenure goes on.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Nemi said:

He’s the Adel Taarabt of managers. Unstoppable on his day, but that day rarely comes.

That’s why I find him so frustrating because there is a very good manager in there somewhere, but it feels like we see it less and less as his tenure goes on.

Best for him and us if we part company now. He's had some very good moments but far too many shocking ones. I think he still bears the scars of the two nine nil losses and that affects the way he sets up the team which is understandable but means his head is not in the right place.  The borrowed time he's lived on is up and I'm sure SR must be seriously worried.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

Best for him and us if we part company now. He's had some very good moments but far too many shocking ones. I think he still bears the scars of the two nine nil losses and that affects the way he sets up the team which is understandable but means his head is not in the right place.  The borrowed time he's lived on is up and I'm sure SR must be seriously worried.

I think the two 9-0's are haunting us as an entire club, some players seem to be mentally screwed. Bednarek has never been the same, he could kind of pass as a 'decent' CB but after that Utd 9-0 he is just a mess every single week. 

I think the chance to twist with Ralph was in the summer, but we stuck and decided to give him more tools in the shape of coaches and players (the player side isn't finished yet either). Time will tell if that was the right call or not, but I don't think we serve any benefit by reacting on the back of 1 game when we've made so many changes in the summer. We need a few weeks to see if there are any notable improvements which come out of these initial changes.

If not, and we head into the world cup as a shambles, then SR have their next opportunity to twist and I think they'll do it if they need to at that point. Not before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkSFC said:

It's not the result, it's the team selection/formation and subs. Enough is enough. He is always experimenting. 

Ralph out. Poch in. 

Certain players out. Established striker in. Established CB in. No10/Winger in. 

Poch in? Do people really think he's realistic?

He's just been coaching Messi, Neymar, Mbappe. Before that Kane, Son.

I'm sure he can't wait to get stuck into it with Adam flaming Armstrong and Nathan Tella, with Moussa supporting them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Poch in? Do people really think he's realistic?

He's just been coaching Messi, Neymar, Mbappe. Before that Kane, Son.

I'm sure he can't wait to get stuck into it with Adam flaming Armstrong and Nathan Tella, with Moussa supporting them.

I dont know about people but who knows, maybe he would 🤷‍♂️

I'm allowed some hope🤣🤣

Maybe he would help shift the sh** we have and we might attract a better quality of sh**!!

• Haha 1

Just now, MarkSFC said:

I dont know about people but who knows, maybe he would 🤷‍♂️

I'm allowed some hope🤣🤣

Maybe he would help shift the sh** we have and we might attract a better quality of sh**!!

Shifting the shit is the hardest part of it really, as we have found in recent years with Lemina, Boufal, Hoedt, Carillo etc. We'll probably have to give away Theo, Moussa, Redmond at the end of their contracts. Or do an early settlement or something.

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think the two 9-0's are haunting us as an entire club, some players seem to be mentally screwed. Bednarek has never been the same, he could kind of pass as a 'decent' CB but after that Utd 9-0 he is just a mess every single week. 

I think the chance to twist with Ralph was in the summer, but we stuck and decided to give him more tools in the shape of coaches and players (the player side isn't finished yet either). Time will tell if that was the right call or not, but I don't think we serve any benefit by reacting on the back of 1 game when we've made so many changes in the summer. We need a few weeks to see if there are any notable improvements which come out of these initial changes.

If not, and we head into the world cup as a shambles, then SR have their next opportunity to twist and I think they'll do it if they need to at that point. Not before.

Sorry, I completely disagree.  SR can twist whenever they want.  If they’ve got anything about them, Ralph won’t last the weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Sorry, I completely disagree.  SR can twist whenever they want.  If they’ve got anything about them, Ralph won’t last the weekend.

Entitled to your opinion, I just don't get the point of doing it now. They made the call to back him with the summer changes, so they need to give him an opportunity to see those through and complete the recruitment. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

The more I think about it, the more I think he’ll be gone by September. We look like a team in disarray. I think he’s a dead man walking, and I think our whole transfer strategy this summer has been done in spite of him, not because of him.

• Like 5

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Entitled to your opinion, I just don't get the point of doing it now. They made the call to back him with the summer changes, so they need to give him an opportunity to see those through and complete the recruitment. 

how many more defeats does it take before they should twist?

Just look at the state of our form since xmas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

The more I think about it, the more I think he’ll be gone by September. We look like a team in disarray. I think he’s a dead man walking, and I think our whole transfer strategy this summer has been done in spite of him, not because of him.

I tend to agree.  Given the words said about the new striker from France, I reckon he was brought in over Ralph's head

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Agreed on all accounts mate. 

As for Ralph; i just can’t see that he can turn it around from here. Far too much water under the bridge. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

how many more defeats does it take before they should twist?

Just look at the state of our form since xmas

There have been some big changes since last season though, coaches, players, options available (And more players to come). So I think it's only right, if they backed him in the summer, to stick with him through those changes to see what he can do. 

If he can't and in a month or two nothing has changed then we'll probably twist. But they've backed him for this initial period imo, I'm not sure we should expect him to go anywhere yet.

10 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I think that’s key and I think you’re right. They’ve given Ralph an opportunity to get it right, but haven’t put all eggs in his basket.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

There have been some big changes since last season though, coaches, players, options available (And more players to come). So I think it's only right, if they backed him in the summer, to stick with him through those changes to see what he can do. 

If he can't and in a month or two nothing has changed then we'll probably twist. But they've backed him for this initial period imo, I'm not sure we should expect him to go anywhere yet.

I’m starting to think he will, and maybe rapidly.

He was forced to get rid of his coaching team and hire new people. I don’t believe the summer signings are his idea, they mostly fit the SR model and the new guy from Man City has clearly been instrumental. I think Ralph is on borrowed time, I think the club know who they want to replace him with, and I think we’ll have that change sooner rather than later.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I think you're right. That's the impression I got from some of his press conferences, where it came over more as a club philosophy to the point that he was just going to have to lump it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I’m starting to think he will, and maybe rapidly.

He was forced to get rid of his coaching team and hire new people. I don’t believe the summer signings are his idea, they mostly fit the SR model and the new guy from Man City has clearly been instrumental. I think Ralph is on borrowed time, I think the club know who they want to replace him with, and I think we’ll have that change sooner rather than later.

I think you're right - they're not players that Ralph wanted but players identified by the model SR are implementing. So it's not a question of giving Ralph some time to get his players performing well within a cohesive unit. It's a question of how long they're willing to allow Ralph to make SR look like they don't know what they're doing. Needless to say, B) is far shorter than A) - especially when a number of our squad have for some time looked like they're tuning Ralph out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I think you're right. That's the impression I got from some of his press conferences, where it came over more as a club philosophy to the point that he was just going to have to lump it.

Got his revenge today then?

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Got his revenge today then?

I'm sure he's trying to do the best he can with what he has at his disposal. But we're not the only club where the manager is only part of the recruitment process, and sometimes they're not even that.

I was going to say I'm quite sure he's not bloody minded enough to try dreadful tactics on purpose to show the gape between those and the players he has. But I realise the evidence for that isn't as strong as I'd like based on our run of defeats. 🙂 I'm sure he's not.

I guess he's frustrated that, to his mind, his tactics are let down by his players. The new players may take time to settle into their roles and the players he had aren't of the standard he'd like.

But there is a point where it's clearly not going to work and other managers are looked at who can get them to perform to a tactic that keeps us up. I hope we get a much more balanced line up against Leeds and we see the start of a turn around under him (preferably with a super Ralphball v2 creative threat).

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

He's had the whole summer backed by new coaches and can only come up with that dismal formation, team selection and tactical plan resulting in yet another heavy defeat - how much more damage do we allow him to do before we pull the trigger? Every game is crucial. Unless SR are confident he can turn it round then delaying only makes a bad situation worse - it's their money but, for me, they take a huge gamble if they back him. I have zero confidence that Ralph can get this team winning. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, saintant said:

He's had the whole summer backed by new coaches and can only come up with that dismal formation, team selection and tactical plan resulting in yet another heavy defeat - how much more damage do we allow him to do before we pull the trigger? Every game is crucial. Unless SR are confident he can turn it round then delaying only makes a bad situation worse - it's their money but, for me, they take a huge gamble if they back him. I have zero confidence that Ralph can get this team winning. 

Sadly, this sums it up for me.

• Like 2

We don’t really have anything under Ralph imo.. he doesn’t make us hard to beat or tough defensively., yet we also really struggle to create a lot..could understand it if we were forsaking one for the other but we are not really doing anything well

we have been terrible for ages now bar that little period over Xmas last year seems more like a lucky blip tbh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Shifting the shit is the hardest part of it really, as we have found in recent years with Lemina, Boufal, Hoedt, Carillo etc. We'll probably have to give away Theo, Moussa, Redmond at the end of their contracts. Or do an early settlement or something.

I think McCarthy Stephens Moussa Redmond Bedanrek Lyanco Walcott Diallo Tella Ellounoussi all need to go, bythe end of next summer, but hopefully sooner!!!

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

There are clubs where a DoF brings in the players and the head coach coaches and picked the team.  Irrespective of that, why pick a back five and the same old players?

I wonder what Selles was actually brought in to do?  There seems to be no visible impact from him - still he's got plenty of video analysis to give to the players after the Spurs game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

Irrespective of that, why pick a back five and the same old players?

Because we don’t have a fit LB and as for the ‘same old players’; today’s starting line up had three debutants, only five players who started at Leicester in May and three from the Liverpool game which preceded that.

Hasenhuttl on Che Adams absence: "We didn't want to change the two guys up front. I think they deserved to play because they had a good pre-season and scored goals. "I think everybody should step up because this is not what we have done, so far."

Translation "Sack me now so I can retire early, along with a nice big fat payoff as well."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Hasenhuttl on Che Adams absence: "We didn't want to change the two guys up front. I think they deserved to play because they had a good pre-season and scored goals. "I think everybody should step up because this is not what we have done, so far."

Translation "Sack me now so I can retire early, along with a nice big fat payoff as well."

Funny that! I was just forming the very same post in my head - he has “behaved” like he would be happy to have been given the boot for a while. Allegedly on a base salary of £1m per year until 2024,, given his years in the game he probably has a nice pot squirrelled away - he has said this is his last manager role. Even at 50 something he has more than enough for a stress free rest of his life.

His comments about or defending on MOTD were verging on bizarre

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Funny that! I was just forming the very same post in my head - he has “behaved” like he would be happy to have been given the boot for a while. Allegedly on a base salary of £1m per year until 2024,, given his years in the game he probably has a nice pot squirrelled away - he has said this is his last manager role. Even at 50 something he has more than enough for a stress free rest of his life.

His comments about or defending on MOTD were verging on bizarre

Eeeeeeeerm... I think you'll find it's around £6m per year. He is (albeit according to the figures published in the gutterpress this summer) the ninth highest paid manager in the Prem.

Highest Paid Premier League Managers

(according to The Sun)

1. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – £19m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – £16m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) – £15m
4. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – £10m
5. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) – £8.3m
6. Ralf Rangnick (Man United)– £8m
7. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) – £8m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) – £7m
9. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) – £6m
10. Frank Lampard (Everton) – £5m
11. David Moyes (West Ham) – £5m
12. Steven Gerrard (Aston Villa) – £5m
13. Roy Hodgson (Watford) – £4.5m
14. Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) – £4m
15. Sean Dyche (Burnley) – £3.5m
16. Eddie Howe (Newcastle) – £3m
17. Bruno Lage (Wolves) – £2.5m
18. Graham Potter (Brighton) – £2m
19. Dean Smith (Norwich) – £1.5m
20. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – £1.5m

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

That might be a reason for not starting Che (although the fact every single person on here before the game said it wouldn’t work with Armstrong like it was, he would be isolated with no service and that’s exactly what happened, so if we can all see it, how can he not) what is the excuse for not bringing him on at half time instead of Stu? 

• Like 2

He needed to go in April. To think he's still in charge of this club after all these terrible performances baffles me. I'm no longer going to st marys because of him. Vote with your feet people, it's the only way the owners will take notice.

1 hour ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Eeeeeeeerm... I think you'll find it's around £6m per year. He is (albeit according to the figures published in the gutterpress this summer) the ninth highest paid manager in the Prem.

Highest Paid Premier League Managers

(according to The Sun)

1. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – £19m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – £16m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) – £15m
4. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – £10m
5. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) – £8.3m
6. Ralf Rangnick (Man United)– £8m
7. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) – £8m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) – £7m
9. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) – £6m
10. Frank Lampard (Everton) – £5m
11. David Moyes (West Ham) – £5m
12. Steven Gerrard (Aston Villa) – £5m
13. Roy Hodgson (Watford) – £4.5m
14. Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) – £4m
15. Sean Dyche (Burnley) – £3.5m
16. Eddie Howe (Newcastle) – £3m
17. Bruno Lage (Wolves) – £2.5m
18. Graham Potter (Brighton) – £2m
19. Dean Smith (Norwich) – £1.5m
20. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – £1.5m

I say offer Thomas Frank double his current wages. Still half of what Ralph is getting, and a manager that possibly Saints fancy (reading between the lines of past comments from them).

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl