Arsenal vs. Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

I thought we were the better team first half. First 15 mins we played some really good football. Didn't **** about as much on the ball, tried to get it forwards. Wing backs were looking for overlaps. We had a lot more players further up the pitch. Players getting their foot in creating blocks and deflections that bounced to us. Obefemi and Ings working hard up front.

Some negatives for sure but in comparison to the **** we have seen recently that is a very good 45mins from us.

Usual scapegoats getting grief (Stephens and JWP) but both have been good. IN Stephens case, very good.

Very unSaints like that half - we actually looked dangerous (Still super dodgy at the back) and a team. Obafemi creating problems with his pace.

Hojberg is absolutely dreadful and Redmond has reverted back to type unfortunately.

Played very well and glad we're giving it a go as opposed to the ultra defensive lineups we have seen in recent times

Stephens has been fine but he ALWAYS has that moment. He was far too far up the pitch for their goal. I suppose this is what happens when you don't play an experienced CB.

Best Saints performance for some time, finally. At last we look like we actually want to win rather than not lose. And why are people having a dig at JWP - totally unwarranted on today’s showing.

He's been OK. Was asleep just there and ruined a good break earlier witj a ridiculous shot from the half way line.

Better than Hoijbjerg though. Armstrong has been good.

Woke up after sleep after Night shift, saw we were 1 nil up, spat out my coffee, logged into Ladbrokes for a cheeky insurance bet, too late, they’d already equalised.

Still 1-1 is a good half time score. I’ll happily take that at full time. Still, Arsenal to win close to evens....

The killer ball was on for JWP, didn’t see it, not football smart enough. Our mid 3 are a giveaway machine. Armstrong is infuriating me.

If it is the one I am thinking of, Ings made the run tracked by 2 Arsenal defenders. Would have taken a genius of a ball to find him and even then Ings wouldn't have had support. Unless it's a different that I missed as well