Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

It seems obvious to me that a test should only be counted when the result is logged on a database. and available for data analytics
Which is exactly what will happen in the real world. When any data is compiled by the actual people conducting the tests, the data will only show real completed tests vs the positive results.

I guess someone somewhere will track tests sent vs tests returned but that's of limited interest. Save it for the public enquiry when we find out the Tories splammed a load of tests to people on the electoral roll or on the Conservative Party mailing list to get the numbers up on April 30th.

Sometimes I fail to understand why there are some really dumb bastards wanting us all to return to normal. Catch the flu bug cos it aint that damn serious like some have said. we are not weak so we will all be ok. Only the stupid weak old gits can get killed.

And on and on and on ad infinatum.

None of us likes what is happening right now. This invisible menace needs to be quelled. How many of those moaning about something that we have never faced to this extent would cry if we all started to live back outside mingling with friends when they have to rush to a covid 19 ward that we should have not been allowed to relax our stand?

I aint got a clue about what will happen next. Like the majority I am totally pis.sed off being stuck indoors for at least 12 weeks but that is better than chancing my luck in hospital with the virus.

If we have a constructive idea let us hear it. Please let us stop trying to score points and try working together to keep our nhs functioning below full overflowing.

mate of mine in the industry says FA has block booked St George’s Park and all hotels around it from end of May through to July...

Well only 10 minutes ago a spokesman on BBC Breakfast was saying that discussions yesterday included the possibility of playing games at certain venues, West Ham, us and Brighton, amongst others,being mentioned.

Well only 10 minutes ago a spokesman on BBC Breakfast was saying that discussions yesterday included the possibility of playing games at certain venues, West Ham, us and Brighton, amongst others,being mentioned.

Can you imagine if the fixture that could win Liverpool their first title in 30 years gets to be played at St Mary's? How many scousers will come down? Thousands of scousers, singing, letting off flares, outside the ground?

There is ZERO chance of every single scouser in the country adhering to essential travel rules and there simply wont be enough resources to stop them.

I think the Premier League could be about to shoot itself in the foot if it tries to restart the season. Think of the public outcry if 2000/5000/10000 ?? people congregate together for a jolly-good-fun-jump-up-and-down outside a stadium. Let alone 800,000 people lining the streets of Liverpool for the imaginery parade. (Imaginery because I dont think the civic leaders in Liverpool would be that daft).

Just call the whole thing off.

Can you imagine if the fixture that could win Liverpool their first title in 30 years gets to be played at St Mary's? How many scousers will come down? Thousands of scousers, singing, letting off flares, outside the ground?

There is ZERO chance of every single scouser in the country adhering to essential travel rules and there simply wont be enough resources to stop them.

I think the Premier League could be about to shoot itself in the foot if it tries to restart the season. Think of the public outcry if 2000/5000/10000 ?? people congregate together for a jolly-good-fun-jump-up-and-down outside a stadium. Let alone 800,000 people lining the streets of Liverpool for the imaginery parade. (Imaginery because I dont think the civic leaders in Liverpool would be that daft).

Just call the whole thing off.

What if, just after the kick off, a coach full of London based Liverpool fans crashed their coach into Buckingham Palace, setting the building alight and burning the Queen to death in the ensuing inferno? You're right let's cancel everything forever.

What if, just after the kick off, a coach full of London based Liverpool fans crashed their coach into Buckingham Palace, setting the building alight and burning the Queen to death in the ensuing inferno? You're right let's cancel everything forever.

It's not about cancelling everything forever, is it?

It is about whether kicking off in June is safe or not.

It's not about cancelling everything forever, is it?

It is about whether kicking off in June is safe or not.

And how did you manage to catastrophise that into 800,000 people on the streets of Liverpool?

To any answer that it would be OK my late mother in law would say "but what if ........?" this went on until I would say " We'll all been wiped out tomorrow by a nuclear bomb so not worth worrying" "you are just being stupid" end of conversation ....

It will be fine. They have over a month to organise a few football matches - it's not beyond the capabilities of man.

I don't think anyone is doubting the ability of the PL to organise this, more the ethics and sensibility of doing it this soon. It all depends in what state we're in as a country come June. For example if non-urgent medical procedures are still being postponed, shops are still closed and we're not allowed to get together for a BBQ etc. it's really not going to look too good.

And how did you manage to catastrophise that into 800,000 people on the streets of Liverpool?

I think that is what would happen if Liverpool held a parade after winning the title.

Not sure I was catastrophising it.

And, for what it is worth, I would open the country tomorrow and see what happens, but I'm not in charge.

(which is probably for the best).

I think that is what would happen if Liverpool held a parade after winning the title.

Not sure I was catastrophising it.

And, for what it is worth, I would open the country tomorrow and see what happens, but I'm not in charge.

(which is probably for the best).

Death. Lots and lots of death.

Just wanted to highlight the passing of a Saints fan yesterday and bring the realism, that he was all ok just ten days ago and on Saturday he felt he was recovering only to die in he early hours of yesterday.

Turns out this was fake, all sounds very dodgy. Does anyone know the chap?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18411018.fundraiser-set-memory-saints-fan-shut-gofundme/

Anything more come out about this? Seems to have bern a fraud. Although he’s been tweeting for over a year so someone must know the real account owner?

Anything more come out about this? Seems to have bern a fraud. Although he’s been tweeting for over a year so someone must know the real account owner?

From the limited information that there is, my guess is that someone guessed their password and used their account as a convincer for a fake fundraiser.

Hello all,

Glad to be finally able to post on here after a while just reading.

Some intersting comments on this thread, not much to add at present except my belief

that we need to stay in lockdown for a while yet.

Any tips on forum "rules" ;)

Hello all,

Some intersting comments on this thread, not much to add at present except my belief

The forum rules are that we are always polite to each other when we disagree.

Speaking of Twitter, I see Le Tiss has been covering himself in glory again. :mcinnes:

Appears about one stage away from retweeting David Icke.

Its such a shame that the man I idolised is such a bellend on Twitter with some pretty stupid opinions

Hello all,

Hi Jeff!

Speaking of Twitter, I see Le Tiss has been covering himself in glory again. :mcinnes:

Why don't you open your mind and actually listen to what he is saying. Stop watching the daily news bulletins and start doing your own reasearch on whats going on. You might be suprised at what you learn

Why don't you open your mind and actually listen to what he is saying. Stop watching the daily news bulletins and start doing your own reasearch on whats going on. You might be suprised at what you learn

What are the sources of your research?

Hello all,

Took the mods over a year to approve my request to start an account. I assume they’ve accepted everyone’s at once now?

Made himself look a total buffoon since the pandemic started and still believes the whole thing is just the same as the flu and lockdown is a huge personal inconvenience.

Hes become very hot on being someone who would be ignored for work.

Good to see the Govt are using the virus crisis to privatise large chunks of the NHS . Regional health Authorities cannot now buy any PPE or equipment themselves , they all have to apply via a new central procurement system that will be run by their business mates !! Likewise the testing centres , the smart phone tracing app etc all run by their mates with an MP being a shareholder

of the tech firm !!

Edited by East Kent Saint

Good to see the Govt are using the virus crisis to privatise large chunks of the NHS . Regional health Authorities cannot now buy any PPE or equipment themselves , they all have to apply via a new central procurement system that will be run by their business mates !! Likewise the testing centres , the smart phone tracing app etc all run by their mates with an MP being a shareholder

of the tech firm !!

from the government is this statement Strand two is distribution: getting PPE supplies to where they’re needed.We’ve brought together the NHS, industry and the armed forces to create a giant PPE distribution network almost from scratch. This is working to deliver critical PPE supplies to those who need it.

We’ve arranged a priority drop of millions of items of PPE to local resilience forums (LRFs). These are local partnerships that bring together the NHS, councils and the police to co-ordinate the emergency response locally and plug local gaps. The LRFs are prioritising delivery to key frontline workers according to local need.

In the coming weeks we will be scaling up our PPE delivery system even further, with a new website allowing the health and care system to order from a central inventory.

For me it makes sense to have one central site buying and distributing ppe equipment instead of several trying to buy the same things. Unless you prefer to sell to the highest bidder of course.

The fraud that is Prof Neil Ferguson, has had to resign after ignoring his own advice on staying home, you couldn't make this up.

We should all throw open our doors now and get the f*ck back to normal. Not a new normal, just NORMAL. If this goes on any longer there will be no jobs left for any of us. Mark my words, mass unemployment, and mass house repossessions are on the horizon as a direct result of this house arrest.

The fraud that is Prof Neil Ferguson, has had to resign after ignoring his own advice on staying home, you couldn't make this up.

We should all throw open our doors now and get the f*ck back to normal. Not a new normal, just NORMAL. If this goes on any longer there will be no jobs left for any of us. Mark my words, mass unemployment, and mass house repossessions are on the horizon as a direct result of this house arrest.

Go back to 'normal'?

What do you think that would look like at the moment?

I’ll pass thanks. I’m trying to sell my house and 500,000 dead people will flood the market and lower property prices.

House arrest? Ffs. Back to normal? Things won't be as they were until there's a reliable vaccine. The virus ain't going anywhere so we've got to adapt to live alongside it. Of course there'll be mass unemployment and business closures, everyone knows that but saying "as you were" won't stop that.

House arrest? Ffs. Back to normal? Things won't be as they were until there's a reliable vaccine. The virus ain't going anywhere so we've got to adapt to live alongside it. Of course there'll be mass unemployment and business closures, everyone knows that but saying "as you were" won't stop that.

I'm assuming from your comment that financial devastation won't affect you then?