Dusan Tadic

Dusic

Loved watching this guy. To think we signed him for £10m and had a front three of him, Mane and Pelle! Good times.

Always seemed like a good guy as well, really motivated and often played his best when it mattered most.

A few fans, occasionally did. Calm down dear ..

I think on saintsweb, the official rule is that if you disagree with more than one person, despite the huge majority agreeing with your point of view, you are later entitled to say that you were the voice of reason and "everyone else on here" disagreed. It helps if you say you were "shouted down".

Justifiably so. Despite what he may have achieved since, he was largely inconsistent and ineffective for us.

That's simply just not true apart from in his last season when the whole team were complete toilet, and even then he came to life at the right time and won us that crucial game against Bournemouth.

Thing is with Tadic is that he was often going for a high risk killer pass which, when it came off would often lead to a chance or a goal. Problem with high risk passes is they sometimes don't. However his vision, technique and sheer volume of assists justified him trying.

As far as I'm concerned he was a great player for us and the people who used to moan at him pretty much don't understand or appreciate decent football.

I think on saintsweb, the official rule is that if you disagree with more than one person, despite the huge majority agreeing with your point of view, you are later entitled to say that you were the voice of reason and "everyone else on here" disagreed. It helps if you say you were "shouted down".

Whereas in the real world i was at Pelles home debut when he was ironically cheered by saints fans, i was at West Brom away when the whole team were crap fans spent 90s minutes abusing him. I was at Sheffield United when fans said Mane was the new Ali Dia and should f*ck off back to Salzburg. I was at nuermous games when Tadic was lambasted as being slow, lazy and not interested and plenty of other abuse dished out to the other two as well. All 3 of them were great for us but only really appreciated once they left.

Whereas in the real world i was at Pelles home debut when he was ironically cheered by saints fans, i was at West Brom away when the whole team were crap fans spent 90s minutes abusing him. I was at Sheffield United when fans said Mane was the new Ali Dia and should f*ck off back to Salzburg. I was at nuermous games when Tadic was lambasted as being slow, lazy and not interested and plenty of other abuse dished out to the other two as well. All 3 of them were great for us but only really appreciated once they left.

going to make myself look stupid but when did Mane play against Sheffield Utd?

Think all three went missing at various times, especially Tadic.

Mane when he first came was shocking and I remember a shot against Villa away that was like, ‘jeez, who is this?’

And Mane certainly didn’t seem to like playing in the winter months.

pas for fans moaning, nature of the beast and whilst not disputing what some say about fans moaning at games, not sure it was as widespread as being made out. One fan shouting F Off back to Salzburg hardly constitutes a fan base.

But we all moan about plas and sometimes it comes back to bite us. Lallana in the rest half of the first PL season was not cutting it all.

going to make myself look stupid but when did Mane play against Sheffield Utd?

It was a cup game six years ago, when Mané and everyone else played properly crap. As usual a few gobsh*tes in the ground and on the forum overreacted and Turkish has dined out on it since.

Thought that was under Adkins, but hard to keep up with all the important games against lower oppo that we should of, but did not win.

I'm still really annoyed about the 2-1 loss at home to Stockport in the League Cup quarter final.

Tadic had some great games but a lot of not so good games which could be put down to being played on the wrong wing.

Pelle was always trying something , a lot of shots were off target but we missed him when he left.

Mane made a number of wild shots , slices etc in the early days and took a while to become a good player . Towards the end he played well against prospective buyers but turned up late etc. Redeemed for me by funding a medical centre in his childhood village and now a school . The kids worship him but he tells them to go to school before football.

Think all three went missing at various times, especially Tadic.

Mane when he first came was shocking and I remember a shot against Villa away that was like, ‘jeez, who is this?’

And Mane certainly didn’t seem to like playing in the winter months.

pas for fans moaning, nature of the beast and whilst not disputing what some say about fans moaning at games, not sure it was as widespread as being made out. One fan shouting F Off back to Salzburg hardly constitutes a fan base.

But we all moan about plas and sometimes it comes back to bite us. Lallana in the rest half of the first PL season was not cutting it all.

"Mane was shocking at first" is the biggest load of crap.

... poor performance.

This was the game when we chucked it away in the last 20 minutes and Alun Armstrong scored a last minute winner.

Then to cap it all Dave Jones got our managers job and spunkiest the summer transfer budget on Paul Jones when we already had a better keeper in Maik Taylor, Lee Todd and Stig Johnansen :mcinnes:

Best Tadic memory is a certain poster who lambasted him for not being up for cold winter days, seemingly ignoring the fact the guy grew up in Serbia.

Great player, never understood the stick he would routinely get.

Why oh why did we sell him on the cheap.

Moments of brilliance but also infuriating. People’s memories seem to be very rose tinted. Good player for us no doubt but think people are also let his subsequent amazing performances at Ajax lead them to think he was better than he was.

Eredivisie very suited to his game

Moments of brilliance but also infuriating. People’s memories seem to be very rose tinted. Good player for us no doubt but think people are also let his subsequent amazing performances at Ajax lead them to think he was better than he was.

Eredivisie very suited to his game

I'm pretty sure that across his time here his stats on chances created were the best in the PL aside from the ludicrously good players at the top sides like De Bruyne, Silva, Hazard etc.

As you say, infuriating at times, especially when he delayed shooting, but if he was the full package he would have been playing for City or Chelsea.

I am in my 30s and of this type of creative player, in my lifetime, I can only think of MLT (obviously) and Lallana who were of a better or similar level, so for me that shows how good he was for Saints and we had him largely in his prime years.

Great signing, especially as he was relatively unknown in England when he joined.

I was also at that Sheff Utd game, and he was absolutely appalling, looked completely lost in that game. He seemed to have 2/3 good games for us, go to the ACON, and then just got better and better. Immense player in that final season with us.