Sport Republic

Dusic

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Any idea of permitted draught? I'm sure my blow up kayak could manage it but I'd prefer something bigger crossing the shipping lanes and so that I don't get taken for an illegal immigrant.

Well I'm no sailor but having lived in netherlands for the last 6yrs i can cast a critical eye over canal systems and large rivers and it looks like we are good to go down into france.

Thinking about it though we need a certain style so I vote we get a viking boat, that way we can portage it if we run into some blockages.

It would show up those liverpool fans who travelled to france on a dinghy for the champs league final.

@Matthew Le God can be navigator cos it will be funny to watch him get it wrong, @Turkish can be the assistant navigator, the rest of us can sit back, drink wine and relax.

51 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Well I'm no sailor but having lived in netherlands for the last 6yrs i can cast a critical eye over canal systems and large rivers and it looks like we are good to go down into france.

Thinking about it though we need a certain style so I vote we get a viking boat, that way we can portage it if we run into some blockages.

It would show up those liverpool fans who travelled to france on a dinghy for the champs league final.

@Matthew Le God can be navigator cos it will be funny to watch him get it wrong, @Turkish can be the assistant navigator, the rest of us can sit back, drink wine and relax.

Top 3 posters to walk the plank?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

I’ve said it before.

I really couldn’t give a fuck what other clubs SR own.  

I can’t understand why people get excited about it.

Pyramid scheme innit. And we're at the top.

We get to sit in our twin-garaged new-build semi, reaping the benefits and driving a near-new MX-5 while others knock on doors and sell the lower-league midfielder equivalent of Herbalife knock offs.

Sit back and bask.

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Saints would potentially benefit being the keystone club in any group. The flow of players through the group ultimately benefits the club at the top of the group, which is unlikely to be anyone other than Saints.

Not a guarantee this is all successful though. How did it work out for Watford? 

I can picture the response already though... "I said potentially benefit" or "where did I say it would" or my personal favourite "you clearly don't understand definitions of burden of proof, evidence or opinion."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Saints would potentially benefit being the keystone club in any group. The flow of players through the group ultimately benefits the club at the top of the group, which is unlikely to be anyone other than Saints.

Bullshit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Not a guarantee this is all successful though. How did it work out for Watford? 

Key difference... Watford are not the keystone club in that group. The owners are Italians and likely view Udinese as the keystone as their long term domestic top flight team.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Watford are not the keystone club in that group. The owners are Italians and likely view Udinese as the keystone as their long term domestic top flight team.

Not to mention Pozzo's 2016 sale of Granada turned his "group" into a "pairing".

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

If one of their ‘feeder’ clubs unearth a gem, he’ll probably go to the highest bidder.

Our owners don’t have to own a club in order for young players to go out on loan there.

Like I said, I don’t see major benefits in it.

Players in the Red Bull group get passed up the chain. When they reach the top of the chain at RB Leipzig they are then sold onto the elite clubs. All stages of the chain benefit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

If one of their ‘feeder’ clubs unearth a gem, he’ll probably go to the highest bidder.

Our owners don’t have to own a club in order for young players to go out on loan there.

Like I said, I don’t see major benefits in it.

Gems unearthed in the French and Turkish second divisions are unlikely to go straight to teams above us in the food chain.

19 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

Gems unearthed in the French and Turkish second divisions are unlikely to go straight to teams above us in the food chain.

You'd assume the idea is for both to return to their top divisions asap.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

You'd assume the idea is for both to return to their top divisions asap.

The point remains. Players very rarely move straight from mid-table French or Turkish sides to champion's league contenders. The multi-club model could definitely work for us, but the scouting will have to be top notch.

On 23/06/2022 at 20:09, Matthew Le God said:

Players in the Red Bull group get passed up the chain. When they reach the top of the chain at RB Leipzig they are then sold onto the elite clubs. All stages of the chain benefit.

Leipzig missed out on Daka and Mpewu

On 23/06/2022 at 20:09, Matthew Le God said:

Don't recall Mane or Minamino playing for Leipzig...... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No where in that post does it say every player.

Well, you did say all stages of the chain benefit. So, how therefore did Leipzig benefit from the players who didnt play for them, as they were sold off before getting to the highest point in that chain? It just isnt clear from your post, which leaves as much ambiguity as it solves answers. Perhaps you omitted to suggest Leipzig could have benefitted financially from missing out on those players who bypassed them, as in such a system the ‘group’ of clubs may have had budgets increased, but it wasnt clear from your post this is what you meant, nor did you quantify how much financially they benefitted from such a bypass, should that have been what you were getting at.

See, when you act like a complete cock most of the time with people on here, as you have myself and others, people sometimes get sick of it and push it so far back down your throat, it will start appearing out of your arse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Well, you did say all stages of the chain benefit. So, how therefore did Leipzig benefit from the players who didnt play for them, as they were sold off before getting to the highest point in that chain? It just isnt clear from your post, which leaves as much ambiguity as it solves answers. Perhaps you omitted to suggest Leipzig could have benefitted financially from missing out on those players who bypassed them, as in such a system the ‘group’ of clubs may have had budgets increased, but it wasnt clear from your post this is what you meant, nor did you quantify how much financially they benefitted from such a bypass, should that have been what you were getting at.

See, when you act like a complete cock most of the time with people on here, as you have myself and others, people sometimes get sick of it and push it so far back down your throat, it will start appearing out of your arse.

The other thing @Matthew Le God omitted is that Leipzig have been averaging just one transfer per season from the RB group. Hardly transformational

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I was talking about the ones that pass through the chain benefitting all the clubs. Not the ones that don't pass through the entire chain. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I was talking about the ones that pass through the chain benefitting all the clubs. Not the ones that don't pass through the entire chain. 

How many players have passed through the entire chain, out of interest?

12 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

One per season quickly builds to transformational if they are making your first team and the % of group transfer players is pretty high. 

Haidara and Szoboszlai are regulars. Hwang passed through to Wolves without doing much for Leipzig, and Wolf is now at Swansea.

I think the model has fringe benefits but anyone thinking it will transform our club is likely to be disappointed

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Leipzig missed out on Daka and Mpewu

46 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I know, but not on others.

Think it might have been a case of passing up on them rather than "missing out". Daka is a strange one, highly rated, linked with several of the big clubs, but his season petered out at Leicester .*

*await someone telling us he was injured half a season.

16 hours ago, Badger said:

Think it might have been a case of passing up on them rather than "missing out". Daka is a strange one, highly rated, linked with several of the big clubs, but his season petered out at Leicester .*

Signed for a shite manager and got stuck playing second fiddle behind nacho and vardy. Was a bad move for him as vardy has got at least another season in him. 

18 hours ago, Badger said:

Daka is a good player, just used very poorly by the manager in a really disjointed Leicester season. He'll come good.

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Interesting link off that one where he talks about how he’s used TransferRoom (run by Rasmus’s brother) to do deals:

https://www.transferroom.com/customer-stories-hnk-rijeka

Oh....‘Being connected to the market’ is one of Ross Wilson’s favourite mantras, and the Rangers Sporting Director is utilising the TransferRoom platform to ensure that goal is being met on a daily basis.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

Wilson’s like an excited 5 foot child when it comes to transfers. Ramsey and Diallo being the most recent costly disappointments. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hit-miss-rangers-transfer-record-23585337.amp

Good article on it. Some very good dealings (Bassey, Lundstram, Hagi) but quite a few flops. Their squad depth ultimately cost them the league and they had a serious lack of attacking options for the EL final

• Like 1