Sport Republic

Dusic

8 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Are you not allowed an opinion then?

In fairness, most companies have policies regarding posting negative stuff about them online. 

More to the point, who from those down the road is reading the forum 👀

Sport Republic opens Southampton's first official online shop in Serbia and the first PL shop in Serbia. Online shop/TV channel Shoppster is owned by United Group. It's worth mentioning that the colour of the kits is the same as Red Star Belgrade's, so maybe some people will buy it because of that. I've already ordered one home goalkeeper shirt. You can go to a club, a wedding or elections with it.

https://www.shoppster.com/sr-RS/southampton-shop?utm_source=n1&utm_medium=pr_article&utm_campaign=sautempton

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AlexSerbia said:

Sport Republic opens Southampton's first official online shop in Serbia and the first PL shop in Serbia. Online shop/TV channel Shoppster is owned by United Group. It's worth mentioning that the colour of the kits is the same as Red Star Belgrade's, so maybe some people will buy it because of that. I've already ordered one home goalkeeper shirt. You can go to a club, a wedding or elections with it.

https://www.shoppster.com/sr-RS/southampton-shop?utm_source=n1&utm_medium=pr_article&utm_campaign=sautempton

👍

On 15/03/2022 at 19:46, Dman said:

What’s this geezers role? Assume it’s nothing to do with us and more to do with the group. 

What on earth does a business development bloke do at a football club? 

If he's anything like the business development managers where i work he'll spend him time coming up with reasons why he's got to lower his forecast.

• Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Sport Republic

Well i hope these people have us lined up with some good commercial sponsors as thats going to be the difference in getting us a better standard of player (that we need) in all departments against the backdrop of debt removal. I think some fans might get the hump, if millions are spent buying clubs and little is done to improve their outlook.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

With which clubs have they done it?

AZnUtzg.jpg

220px-Montevideo-City-Torque.svg.png

Not a fan of it at all tbh. I don't like hugely wealthy owners coming into the premier league and completely distorting the "norm", but when you can go and buy clubs and rip up their history, I think it shouldn't be allowed.  I'm not asking you to agree with me.

38 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

AZnUtzg.jpg

Not a fan of it at all tbh. I don't like hugely wealthy owners coming into the premier league and completely distorting the "norm", but when you can go and buy clubs and rip up their history, I think it shouldn't be allowed.  I'm not asking you to agree with me.

MLG is going to hunt you down…  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

AZnUtzg.jpg

You said "our owners have done it". Saints are not owned by Man City's owners. So your post does not answer the question I asked.

Edited by Matthew Le God

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You said...

"And brand them all the same. I know our owners have done it"

What makes you jump to the conclusion they would be branded the same?

Most sane people get the overall point he made, so stop trying to make an argument out of nothing. It's tedious.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Most sane people get the overall point he made, so stop trying to make an argument out of nothing. It's tedious.

His overall point when he said...

And then posted images of City Group club badges

...was that Sports Republic have bought clubs previously and rebranded them the same. That is demonstrably incorrect.

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

His overall point when he said...

And then posted images of City Group club badges

...was that Sports Republic have bought clubs previously and rebranded them the same. That is demonstrably incorrect.

Stop being a cunt

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Stop being a cunt

Shall I just post incorrect things on the forum and demand for it to be left unchallenged and use petty personal insults then? I thought this was a forum... forums are for discussion not just lists of unchallenged statements!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Shall I just post incorrect things on the forum and demand for it to be left unchallenged and use petty personal insults then? I thought this was a forum... forums are for discussion not just lists of unchallenged statements!

You must have understood what he meant.  Why not reply with something along the lines of   "There's no reason to think that our owners will do the same thing as the City Group" rather than being pedantic about what was essentially just a poorly worded sentence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

I apologise for my bad english, however it was pretty clear what I meant, and I even wrote the below in response. I don't understand how you get so much enjoyment by focusing on something thats completely not relevant, rather than actually replying to the point of the post. Give it a rest.

I meant our owners own or plan to own more than 1 club. 

• Like 2

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
and twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
in such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
what wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

I would love for MLG to pick that apart and point out flaws and inconsistencies.

there was no evidence he floated, daffodils cant dance the effect is caused by wind blowing and stars do not line up they are too far apart in space.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

I would love for MLG to pick that apart and point out flaws and inconsistencies.

there was no evidence he floated, daffodils cant dance the effect is caused by wind blowing and stars do not line up they are too far apart in space.

You don't have to be MLG to spot the obvious deficiency as far as many are concerned. No mention of hating Pompey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

You spent time typing this out…..Im going to have a think.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

Clouds don't wander, they don't have legs.

Checkmate.

Edited by TWar

6 hours ago, Alanh said:

You must have understood what he meant.  Why not reply with something along the lines of   "There's no reason to think that our owners will do the same thing as the City Group" rather than being pedantic about what was essentially just a poorly worded sentence.

Yeah but what he said was bollocks let's be fair 😅. Outside of the whole branding point (which was wrong), wealthy owners (foreign and domestic) have been distorting football for almost as long as I can remember - it's not particularly new. Look at the early history of the first football league teams and you'll find start up teams with rich owners coming in and starting/funding clubs / poaching players etc. I also don't see the issue with owners having clubs in different countries that will never play each other competitively. Its the equivalent of owning multiple comolimentary businesses - which is standard practice. 

If people hate it then why do they still follow football? And ditto, why do you still follow saints as we had a billionaire owner funding us through league 1, the championship, and our return to the prem. I loved it when we were signing up lambert, fonte etc... but we only managed that because we had rich owners. Can't have it both ways! 

Edited by Saint86

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Yeah but what he said was bollocks let's be fair 😅. Outside of the whole branding point (which was wrong), wealthy owners (foreign and domestic) have been distorting football for almost as long as I can remember - it's not particularly new. Look at the early history of the first football league teams and you'll find start up teams with rich owners coming in and starting/funding clubs / poaching players etc. I also don't see the issue with owners having clubs in different countries that will never play each other competitively. Its the equivalent of owning multiple comolimentary businesses - which is standard practice. 

If people hate it then why do they still follow football? And ditto, why do you still follow saints as we had a billionaire owner funding us through league 1, the championship, and our return to the prem. I loved it when we were signing up lambert, fonte etc... but we only managed that because we had rich owners. Can't have it both ways! 

There is one thing bankrolling a club, but bankrolling 3/4/5 clubs etc in my opinion isn’t what football is about. Especially when you create a “brand” and then change those clubs to fit in with the brand. To clarify, there is no evidence that Sport Republic will ever do that, but I don’t agree with the concept. I don’t think it should be allowed.

Why do I still follow football…? because it has always been a huge part of my life. I don’t have to agree with every part of it. 

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Especially in the UK, there are fucking tonnes of them. Plenty of mates.

You can be in company and still be lonely. Saw that on mental health poster.

Plus: private clouds. All the rage now. Azure, AWS and wonot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Not wrong. Football and money are inextricably linked and complaining about it is pretty pointless. Still feels good to have a moan sometimes when something like the Newcastle takeover happens.