Sport Republic

Dusic

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

Problem is Rasmus is a bullshitter and Dragan can’t see through it.

I love statements like this 😂 How do you know either of the things you state are true?
P.S. Apologies if you are part of the ownership group and sit in the boardroom, or just know them all really well outside of football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Is he doing a good job at Reims? I know next to nothing about the French league and wonder what others think of the work Still is doing? 

Conceded loads of goals, scored slightly more. Would fit right in

Still departs Reims with the club sat 11th in Ligue 1 and his last result being a 4-1 defeat to bottom-of-the-table Clermont Foot on Sunday.

After that game, which was his side's third straight loss, he raged at his squad, saying: “We were catastrophic. Nothing went for us in the game, we got found out again and again.

"We come back into the game and then make the same mistake and concede the same penalty from absolutely nothing, and then it becomes a disaster!

"I don’t understand how we can commit error after error and not respect certain things. We worked on things all week, the players spoke amongst themselves and it produced nothing.

"Now, we have to show pride in the shirt and some self-respect. The whole world saw what happened, it’s disrespectful to the staff, the board, and especially the fans.

"I feel like such an idiot, it’s the worst day of my career, the hardest and the most difficult to accept.”

If he comes to Saints he will have worst days I'm sure!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Still departs Reims with the club sat 11th in Ligue 1 and his last result being a 4-1 defeat to bottom-of-the-table Clermont Foot on Sunday.

After that game, which was his side's third straight loss, he raged at his squad, saying: “We were catastrophic. Nothing went for us in the game, we got found out again and again.

"We come back into the game and then make the same mistake and concede the same penalty from absolutely nothing, and then it becomes a disaster!

"I don’t understand how we can commit error after error and not respect certain things. We worked on things all week, the players spoke amongst themselves and it produced nothing.

"Now, we have to show pride in the shirt and some self-respect. The whole world saw what happened, it’s disrespectful to the staff, the board, and especially the fans.

"I feel like such an idiot, it’s the worst day of my career, the hardest and the most difficult to accept.”

If he comes to Saints he will have worst days I'm sure!

That sounds like a standard Saturday at St Mary’s tbf 

1 hour ago, St Louis said:

I love statements like this 😂 How do you know either of the things you state are true?
P.S. Apologies if you are part of the ownership group and sit in the boardroom, or just know them all really well outside of football.

Here’s the answer to the statement that Rasmus is a bullshitter. 

The answer to other statement, look where we sit now compared to when Sports Republic took over and the amount of money spent to end up a league lower and with a worse squad and manager. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Is he doing a good job at Reims? I know next to nothing about the French league and wonder what others think of the work Still is doing? 

He's 31 years old and last season didn't have the necessary coaching badges so Reims were fined more than €20k each game. He decided to become a coach off the back of playing football manager. His Reims team went on a 17 match unbeaten run. 

Basically he's a Jose Mourinho wannabe 😁. No playing career of note but seems to have a knack for management. One to watch. 

2 hours ago, St Louis said:

Rasmus is full of it.  Don’t need to know him personally, just judge him by his actions and the shit that has come out of his mouth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Here’s the answer to the statement that Rasmus is a bullshitter. 

The answer to other statement, look where we sit now compared to when Sports Republic took over and the amount of money spent to end up a league lower and with a worse squad and manager. 

But that relegation is based on those results things. Just because we got relegated, doesn't mean that the underlying stats aren't going in the right direction. There are a lot of underlying stats. Any couple of them will do.

And that broader picture is going our way. That relegation enabled us to slash wages at a stroke! Those so-called good players with the highest wages left, will move on. That allows us to bring in even more players on lower wages to sell on!

All within the scope of the longer term gamble. 🙂

3 hours ago, St Louis said:

Is Nathan fucking Jones the answer to both those questions?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, trousers said:

Whilst I acknowledge there's probably no manager that sees any job as a permanent appointment, I'm more inclined to agree with the sentiment that Hassenhuttl saw Saints as a long term project rather than overtly as a "stepping stone". 

I've just listened back at his initial interview (below) and there's nothing in there that even alludes to such thoughts.

My overriding impression with RH, especially in the first couple of years, is that he quickly saw Saints as "his" club and everything seemed geared towards a partnership of longevity (the so called Ralph 'playbook' underpinning that philosophy).

Anyway, all in the past now and we'll probably never know for sure what he perceived his career path to be upon joining us, and beyond. 

Here's a little clue: no manager in their official club website welcome interview is going to talk about how this job is a stepping stone to a bigger club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Here's a little clue: no manager in their official club website welcome interview is going to talk about how this job is a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Yep, that is indeed the shorter answer :)

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Yep, that is indeed the shorter answer :)

I think both things can be true, and it was with Ralph - absolutely committed to the club and its growth, but he would speak to (say) Man United if the opportunity ever arose.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

--

Unknown in the French league until 2 years ago, Will has quickly made a name for himself. He is the coach with the longest unbeaten run after taking over in the history of Stade de Reims, with 17 games unbeaten in Ligue 1. The club, meanwhile, began its unbeaten run before Will Still's arrival with a run of 19 games without defeat. This is the sixth-longest unbeaten run in the history of the competition, and the longest if you take into account Will Still's arrival during the season.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Still

https://www.ligue1.fr/clubs/Calendar?id=stade-de-reims

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

He's 31 years old and last season didn't have the necessary coaching badges so Reims were fined more than €20k each game. He decided to become a coach off the back of playing football manager. His Reims team went on a 17 match unbeaten run. 

Basically he's a Jose Mourinho wannabe 😁. No playing career of note but seems to have a knack for management. One to watch. 

Arrigo Sacchi, was never a professional footballer and was a shoe salesman. It shows if someone has got the skills and ability to overcome the credibility problems then as you say worth watching, although it is too early in his career for us and seems his  man management skills need an upgrade. 

Edited by Doctoroncall

1 hour ago, Doctoroncall said:

Arrigo Sacchi, was never a professional footballer and was a shoe salesman. It shows if someone has got the skills and ability to overcome the credibility problems then as you say worth watching, although it is too early in his career for us and seems his  man management skills need an upgrade. 

But that’s as it appears to ‘the man in the street’, like you and I.

It might be viewed differently on Planet Rasmus where he has a spreadsheet, full of algorithms to tell him this bloke is the dog’s bollocks, and the next big thing.

Rasmusseesaheadofthecurve#

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 28/04/2024 at 17:35, ErwinK1961 said:

Presumably covering the ‘how not to run a football club’ part of the course?

Surely he could be giving that course given his long and drawn out experiences at united... Or maybe he's giving Rasmus some pointers for his next TEDs talk? 😂

Edited by Saint86

On 02/05/2024 at 08:40, trousers said:

Whilst I acknowledge there's probably no manager that sees any job as a permanent appointment, I'm more inclined to agree with the sentiment that Hassenhuttl saw Saints as a long term project rather than overtly as a "stepping stone". 

I've just listened back at his initial interview (below) and there's nothing in there that even alludes to such thoughts.

My overriding impression with RH, especially in the first couple of years, is that he quickly saw Saints as "his" club and everything seemed geared towards a partnership of longevity (the so called Ralph 'playbook' underpinning that philosophy).

Anyway, all in the past now and we'll probably never know for sure what he perceived his career path to be upon joining us, and beyond. 

Can't watch that and not be sad. Think by the end (with all the goings on under SR and the lack of support from the GAO ownership) he may have been exhausted... but in another world (with proper backing) he could have been a special special manager for saints i think. To have spent £160M and not given him what he needed really is a criminal waste in the world of running a football club 😰.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, trousers said:

I'm looking for some logic in that statement.... Haven't found any yet. I'm sure there is though....

A new DoF would be short term, as the Rasmus AI will soon be released, using data analytics (adjusted for left-fieldness) and the transfer tombola across every facet of SR. 🙂

• Haha 2

They just can’t stick to a structure or plan at all can they! It’s so frustrating. The most successful clubs have a clear structure and plan. I would’ve assumed they had someone lined up but instead they can’t make up their mind about the way forward. They really don’t cover themselves in glory. Very amature.

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not really anything to be gleaned from this. Bit unfair asking RM the question.

The other explanation is simply that the owners haven’t shared their decision with him yet.

RM is the manager, an employee, no reason for Rasmus & Co to involve him in the process, they’ll probably just tell him what’s decided, when they feel appropriate. Plus any decision might be dependent on which division we’re in next season. 

4 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Oh shit, don't tell me Rasmus W. Ankersen is lining himself up for the job.

That’s the scary possibility!!! 

7 hours ago, Badger said:

The other explanation is simply that the owners haven’t shared their decision with him yet.

RM is the manager, an employee, no reason for Rasmus & Co to involve him in the process, they’ll probably just tell him what’s decided, when they feel appropriate. Plus any decision might be dependent on which division we’re in next season. 

If they don’t think it important that the manager is “onside” with the appointment of a DoF then they must be crazy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badger said:

The new DoF come in and promptly tells RM to ditch his possession game. Saints do a manager swap with Man Utd. 🙂

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Insane if you think this

• Like 2

Should we go up then there would be a necessity for a lot of serious recruitment and without a DoF ready and waiting then we will be handicapped before the season gets underway. Not sure I understand the logic of SR's thinking on this if House's tweet has any substance.

20 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Should we go up then there would be a necessity for a lot of serious recruitment and without a DoF ready and waiting then we will be handicapped before the season gets underway. Not sure I understand the logic of SR's thinking on this if House's tweet has any substance.

Alternatively a DOF with new ideas, ways of working and wanting to do a possible review of everything could slow us down. If a plan is in place and we've recruited in all positions to see that plan through then there's a valid arguement that should continue. Don't see the point in appointing someone for the sake of it either, just to say yes to everything. Wouldn't be shocked to see an internal appointment or slight reshuffle of duties. There's a lot to weigh up and I don't think it's quite as simple as "no new DOF = handicapping ourselves"

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Insane if you think this

What part of the post do you consider insane ?

Since when have middle management (in want of another term) been engaged in selecting people above them ?

This is not a dig at RM, any manager might find himself in the same boat. Fact is though, he’s been here a season, so it’s not as if he’s a MacMenemy, Wenger or Klopp who’s been at the club  a decade, or best part of, and is part of the furniture that the operation revolves around. ( The tendency is for this to be less the case now than it used to).

They might be foolish to take this approach but don’t see why they wouldn’t . SR recruitment has some form for falling into the foolish bracket after all ( Nathan Jones prime example). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

As said in an earlier post, the decision on a DoF may hinge on which division we’re in next season. Clearly more attractive as a Premiership club.

Unfortunately though there could be the inevitable waiting on our choice working his notice so as not to be available until after the summer window.