Sport Republic

Dusic

6 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

yeah sod the season ticket holders for some dumb idea that wont achieve its aim. 

Parsons seems to spend too long speaking to the same people and doesnt have  broad approach. 

And you seem to be a completely miserable git regardless of the topic you are posting about! 

6 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Shit, I had no idea about that. I thought apart from us, Leeds and Leicester the rest were paupers. 

QPR and Stoke's wealth blows my mind. And so much for poor,  plucky Ipswich.

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how "wealthy" a club's owner is, it's about how much that owner is willing to put into the club. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how "wealthy" a club's owner is, it's about how much that owner is willing to put into the club. 

Not really.  It just goes to show that FFP has been very succesful in ensuring the 'big' clubs have no real competition.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Shit, I had no idea about that. I thought apart from us, Leeds and Leicester the rest were paupers. 

QPR and Stoke's wealth blows my mind. And so much for poor,  plucky Ipswich.

Fortunately FFP / Sustainability rules mean its advantage to saints over clubs with filthy rich owners... for now at least... even if we had to sell £170M of players to balance the books... But again, it highlights the need to get promoted, and further hammers home the point (for the few that strangely desire it) that its very unlikely there is a happy ever after where saints stay in the championship long term and keep pace with the top end of the league.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nolan said:

8 Games Left in Trendyol Lig 1.  Goztepe are in automatic promotion spots, 10 points clear of third.

Lis hasn't conceded a goal since January. 

image.png.a1e4d62cdaade45bf64b24075e9e8139.png

18 cleansheets is that now?

Edited by Master Bates
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

When McCarthy leaves in the summer I fully expect Lis to be our backup keeper for next year. 

McCarthy isn't even our back up keeper now. Hes third choice for a championship club and earning £50k or a so a week. :lol::facepalm:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

McCarthy isn't even our back up keeper now. Hes third choice for a championship club and earning £50k or a so a week. :lol::facepalm:

Unbelievable isn’t it. What is it with this club and goalkeepers earning money for old rope ? Tommy Forecast made a bloody career out of it virtually.

7 hours ago, Nolan said:

8 Games Left in Trendyol Lig 1.  Goztepe are in automatic promotion spots, 10 points clear of third.

Lis hasn't conceded a goal since January. 

image.png.a1e4d62cdaade45bf64b24075e9e8139.png

They should emergency loan Ryan Manning, see if Lis is really any good. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Imagine if we hadn't had a relegation clause in his deal, he'd have been on around 85-90k in the Champ acting as a training cone for the other 2 GK's.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Master Bates said:

18 cleansheets is that now?

Lis has Played 25, got 16 Clean sheets and Conceded 14 goals.

He missed the 27th January match against Corum FK with an illness (Goztepe drew that one 1-1), other than he's played every league game.

Edited by Nolan

36 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Lis has Played 25, got 16 Clean sheets and Conceded 14 goals.

He missed the 27th January match against Corum FK with an illness (Goztepe drew that one 1-1), other than he's played every league game.

2 cleansheets in the cup? Or did he not play?

22 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Unbelievable isn’t it. What is it with this club and goalkeepers earning money for old rope ? Tommy Forecast made a bloody career out of it virtually.

My brother in law was mates with forecast. He knew how good he had it, "earning" multiple thousands a week whilst hanging out in the pitcher and piano pulling pints and birds regularly. Spurs pulled our pants down. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Fairplay to them, great run, that change of manager they did really did make a difference if they have 8 games left and 10pts ahead then they are nailed on to go up.

It'll be interesting to see how Sport Republic ramp-up their transfers when/if they get promoted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

My brother in law was mated with forecast. He knew how good he had it, "earning" multiple thousands a week whilst hanging out in the pitcher and piano pulling pints and birds regularly. Spurs pulled our pants down. 

I know it's a typo, but it did cause a double take 😲

• Haha 2

On 13/03/2024 at 21:37, Miltonaggro said:

Loan him to Goztepe next season and haunt the tight bastards! 

I think that Trabzonspor would be desperate to get him before Göztepe's likely promotion.

If he's doing well in the Turkish top flight it makes more sense to do business within the group, rather than assist a rival.

• Like 1

It's an only a draw, and a 17th clean sheet from Lis, but the third place team lost.

Meaning Göztepe increase their distance from the third spot to 11 points.

Yorkshire legends Eyüpspor won again, so it will be difficult to get first, but with only 7 games remaining it would be difficult not to get the second automatic promotion spot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nolan said:

It's an only a draw, and a 17th clean sheet from Lis, but the third place team lost.

Meaning Göztepe increase their distance from the third spot to 11 points.

Yorkshire legends Eyüpspor won again, so it will be difficult to get first, but with only 7 games remaining it would be difficult not to get the second automatic promotion spot.

Goztepe still have to play Eyupspor.

25 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Based on yesterdays game fenerbache played I think SR should get the Gozteppe boys some kick boxing lessons.

Yep it's a bit more edgy in the Turkish leagues. Nice to see Tadic still going strong in the fight to be Super Lig champions, a couple of assists yesterday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Based on yesterdays game fenerbache played I think SR should get the Gozteppe boys some kick boxing lessons.

Is there a stat like xG for attempted spin-kicks & their chances of landing?

• Haha 2

you have to wonder what happens when we spend money on players. The loan signings this season have been good (apart from Holgate) and saved our season, Downes, Frazer, THB been excellent. Brooks and Rothwell are contributing and , but the permanent signings have been crap. Manning, Charles, Stewart to add to the shit show of the last two windows before that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Master Bates said:

About time we had a Goztepe thread while they're still part of the unit?

Does this mean they like Lis and want to celebrate him?

Screenshot_20240319-215149_Samsung Internet.jpg

For context, this tweet was put out straight after the Transfer Window Closed. And in that period preceeding were the few games that Lis conceded in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...