Sport Republic

Dusic

The reality is Sports Republic haven't got a facking clue how to run a football club.

Since they have purchased Southampton F.C it has been a sucession of stupid decisions, appointments and misery.

Where has the identity of our club gone? The pride, passion and excitement. 

It's like we are just a empty vessel on a steady course to the lower leagues.

Somebody needs to grow a set and take some accountability because right now we are rudderless and free falling... 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, trousers said:

Jones is just a SR puppet... we need these woeful owners out of the club.... #rootcause

The problem is not SR, who have demonstrated a willingness to spend money on the squad. It is the people advising them and making the decisions.

Their first mistake was to sack all of the back room squad who were the ones like Kelvin Davis who actually cared about the club. They were the ones who created the culture at the club and let people know how proud they should be to wear a Saints shirt.

• Like 4

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... How different would our circumstances look now if we'd been taken over by a Pompey fan, intent on destroying us from within, rather than being taken over by Sport Republic? (I'm genuinely half-serious with this train of thought...)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... How different would our circumstances look now if we'd been taken over by a Pompey fan, intent on destroying us from within, rather than being taken over by Sport Republic? (I'm genuinely half-serious with this train of thought...)

Say it again. 

hey! Over here! I’m here! Boring 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trousers said:

If they were patient and delighted in slow excruciating deaths - it would look exactly like this.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

The only crumb of confidence I have in them is that they have spent a few quid.  On absolute dross mainly but money has been spent.  The other big concern is they’ve identified two completely inept, incompetent managers and seen fit to pay compensation for their services on two occasions.  They’ll soon have to pay another severance package for the current incumbent too but it needs to be done.

The club needs a reality check from top to bottom.  They aren’t as clever as they think and they could probably do with someone coming in to upset the applecart by dishing out some home truths.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sambosa75 said:

The only crumb of confidence I have in them is that they have spent a few quid.  On absolute dross mainly but money has been spent.  The other big concern is they’ve identified two completely inept, incompetent managers and seen fit to pay compensation for their services on two occasions.  They’ll soon have to pay another severance package for the current incumbent too but it needs to be done.

The club needs a reality check from top to bottom.  They aren’t as clever as they think and they could probably do with someone coming in to upset the applecart by dishing out some home truths.

Isn't all the money being spent Dragan's? Serious question as I don't know the answer. My understanding was that SR don't have money other than what Dragan puts in.

14 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

If Dragan had some muppet running one of his other companies who was massively out of his depth and generally a clueless cunt, I’m sure he would sack him.

So he needs to do the same with Martin.

He also needs to do the same with Rasmus W. Ankersen and the rest of the SR clowns.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

If Dragan had some muppet running one of his other companies who was massively out of his depth and generally a clueless cunt, I’m sure he would sack him.

Time for Dragan to step up and own things. Show these other SR chancers the door and get some sound advice from a solid experienced football head. 

If he can’t do that, then he’d best fuck off himself. 

• Like 7

It seems to me that we have a squad which has cost more to assemble than most|Championship Clubs, we pay our players higher wages than most Championship clubs and yet we are now in the bottom half of the Championship and even suffering a tanning from a League 2 team in the League Cup with our best left back shoved in as a makeshift central defender..
I just hope we dont draw a resurgent Pompey team in the FA Cup.
That could really be embarrassing.
The real worry to me is that we are down on a slippery slope which, as a very long term supporter, will probably see me out before it turns round!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren2 said:

But if you look back on money in v money out since they took over they are £15 Million in profit

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/transfers/verein/180

True, but they haven't been scared to invest - that's one thing you can't put on them.

But there is being able to invest and then actually investing correctly and knowing what the hell you're doing, and sadly they don't seem to know what they're doing and it feels to me as if they're a bit in over their heads.

You'd think priority 1 is build up the 'flagship' club of their group, get that on a sound footing, then start looking around - but no, they've just gone in like a bull in a china shop grabbing other clubs whilst Rome burns around them. They seem naive to extreme levels.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

You'd think priority 1 is build up the 'flagship' club of their group, get that on a sound footing, then start looking around - but no, they've just gone in like a bull in a china shop grabbing other clubs whilst Rome burns around them. They seem naive to extreme levels.

I thought they were slowly building up their flagship club. It just turned out to be Goztepe and not us. 🙂

5 hours ago, darren2 said:

But if you look back on money in v money out since they took over they are £15 Million in profit

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/transfers/verein/180

Not a chance in hell they are £15mill in profit.

What was it, £12m wasted on Nathan fucking Jones and who knows how much on Russell legohead Martin.

Then there's Ralph still drawing a pay cheque!

If they weren't so shit at manager signings they might just be in profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not a chance in hell they are £15mill in profit.

What was it, £12m wasted on Nathan fucking Jones and who knows how much on Russell legohead Martin.

Then there's Ralph still drawing a pay cheque!

If they weren't so shit at manager signings they might just be in profit.

If they weren't so shit at manager signings we probably wouldn't have got relegated and would be about £100 million better off.

Dragan, what are going to do FFS?

• Like 1

Rishi Sunak on BBC Radio Berkshire this morning:

[Paraphrasing]

Presenter: "Our local club Reading FC are being penalised and relegated to League 1 due to poor ownership. You've got plently of money....would you consider buying Reading FC?"

Sunak: "I've got enough to worry about with Saints after our relegation and poor start this season so I'll have to pass on that offer I'm afraid"

So, reading between the lines, Rishi will be lining up a takeover bid after the general election then....? ;) :)

(2 + 2 = 5)

Edited by trousers

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

[Paraphrasing]

Presenter: "Our local club Reading FC are being penalised and relegated to League 1 due to poor ownership. You've got plently of money....would you consider buying Reading FC?"

Sunak: "I've got enough to worry about with Saints after our relegation and poor start this season so I'll have to pass on that offer I'm afraid"

So, reading between the lines, Rishi will be lining up a takeover bid after the general election then....? ;) :)

(2 + 2 = 5)

TBF, with his wife's millions and inheritance, that could actually happen one day... just need to suffer for a circa 10years whilst SR destroy the club and we sink to league 1 and administration.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

A fine line between naivety and stupidity but colours nailed clearly to the latter here. What a dimwit. 

Not really, this is an assessment as of now, things will change next season when income is reduced (assuming we're still in the Championship) which they'll need to adapt to while still seeking promotion.

23 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

Not really, this is an assessment as of now, things will change next season when income is reduced (assuming we're still in the Championship) which they'll need to adapt to while still seeking promotion.

Get what you mean but I think the timing of this is daft regardless of any intention of reassurance, particularly with the cocky headline and grinning photo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Get what you mean but I think the timing of this is daft regardless of any intention of reassurance, particularly with the cocky headline and grinning photo. 

Well reassurance of finances is one thing, having control on the playing side is another which is far more of an issue for fans and (hopefully) the coaching staff at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

[Paraphrasing]

(2 + 2 = 5)

But what a rarity we’d become! A club with an owner who is also a supporter!

Fantasyland, but I’d take it over this lot. 

• Like 1

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23818733.southampton-ceo-parsons-explains-keeping-finances-control/

SAINTS CEO Phil Parsons explained the club’s finances are “in control” as he revealed insight into a historical loan taken against the club and summer transfer fees received.

Parsons arrived at St Mary’s from Dyson this summer in the wake of the club’s relegation from the Premier League after an 11-year top-flight stay.

Relegation coincided with the first full season under new owners Sport Republic, who acquired a majority shareholding from Gao Jisheng in January 2021.

The Championship drop meant revenue was halved, with a huge reduction in broadcast revenue a big factor. The club now operate with one of the biggest wage budgets in the league.

During the summer transfer window, Saints sold players to the tune of around £170million – but they will only see a maximum of £45million of that this season.

Saints are also now paying off a loan borrowed from MSD Holdings worth around £80million to cover working costs in 2020, as a result of the COVID pandemic.

Parsons has been tasked with ensuring the club has a sustainable future and sat down with the Daily Echo after three months in his role to explain the process.

“Immediately, for us, we lost about 50 per cent of our revenue following relegation. For any business, that is huge,” Dyson’s former Europe, Middle East and Africa president told us.

“We had to make some tough decisions on certain redundancies and roles and we have had to scale back but we have tried to support the football as much as possible.

“We’ve got a squad with actually quite ‘healthy’ wages against other squads today. The obvious question that you want to ask is about how we sold a lot of players.

“There are fees to pay and you will typically only get the money over three seasons. It doesn’t suddenly cover the drop from the Premier League, even including the parachute payments.”

Parsons added: “Jason Wilcox and Russell Martin have worked with us to say ‘How can we make sure we get a team strong enough to hopefully get promoted while being agile?’.

“It’s my job to look at both lenses. It’s their job to push the players every day but it’s my job to make sure this club has a sustainable future.”

EFL financial fair play regulations, assessments carried out yearly but calculated on the previous three years, limited the club’s spend this summer – the loan market offered a route to improve without taking on long-term liability.

Player trading was integral to balancing the books and the £53million fee received from the sale of Romeo Lavia to Chelsea is considered “crucial”. 

“There is a huge amount of asset value in the players we have bought in the last couple of years but we want them to be playing here,” Parsons insisted, though.

“It’s not something that we want to sell players, we will sell when we need to and if it’s the right money, as we proved this summer.”

Saints committed over a reported £60million to player spend in Sport Republic’s first summer, with big-money additions of Kamaldeen Sulemana and Paul Onuachu following in January.

The cash injections made by Dragan Solak, Rasmus Ankersen and Henrik Kraft’s group were the first penny put into the club since 2014 – a staggering fact.

“They haven’t had a penny taken out of the club. The owners are happy to put money into the club because they want to win and are passionate about football,” Parsons added.

“There has been a lot of cleaning up. There’s a loan against the club which we have to manage, so we’re in control of the club finances but we will have to adapt as we go.

“This is why things like our youth system are crucial to us, we need to bring through new talent and we’ve got boys with a really bright future at the moment.

“It is tough and we’ve seen that if results don’t come immediately it can be quite challenging, but we’re confident with the players we’ve got that we can get things back on track.”

On his whiteboard in Parson's office are his key focus points – chiefly, finance and people, with the idea that the football then takes care of itself.

Parsons, who grew up on a working-class estate in south London and whose own fledgling football career ended after being let go by Woking boss Glenn Cockerill in 2003, feels the club have added character and bite to creative discussions and sought to encourage contribution.  

“I have said a few times but we have got some really good people at the club and my assessment is that we have sometimes been trying to do too much,” Parsons said.

“We have had to start making fundamental changes at the club. Importantly, regarding the culture. There has been so much work behind the scenes with how people are operating.

“We have built a season-long strategy and we have been working on what we want to do as a group. We have been largely successful in that area.”

Saints have been proactive in securing new sponsorships this summer, with the likes of Draper Tools, Mairon Freight, Blue Islands offering quick wins and potential long-term partnerships.

The club are looking to further utilise their stadium as a method of increasing revenue, while the attendances at St Mary’s continue to grow larger and get younger.

They are working on stadium improvements with the introduction of Wi-Fi expected, and are also close to making announcements on safe standing - pending fan consultation.

Parsons is looking to see improvement on the pitch, with director of football Wilcox reporting to him, but urges supporters to back the manager and his team.

He said: “Nobody is hurting more than Russell. He spends a huge amount of hours trying to get things right and when it doesn’t come off, it hurts.

“Russell can only set things up and sometimes it goes wrong on the pitch. He is a very good man manager and the players are fully behind him.

“Of course, we want to see things turn around and we want to see some wins coming through. It wasn’t what we expected a few weeks ago.

“That’s football and that’s why we all love the game, why opinions matter and why fans continue to come. I ask for them to continue to get behind the team.

“We have good players in the squad and we want to see them bouncing back quickly, and we will give them the space to do that.”

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, saintant said:

We seem to be blessed with many people who talk a good game which begs the question why do the team so rarely play a good game? Maybe the old adage that talk is cheap is spot on.

The club are good at posturing, and have been for some years on an off (No one better at ‘bluster’ than Rupert). 

But for all the talk,the objective is results on the pitch so whilst the Dyson blokes input in maintaining financial stability is great, he and every other fucker will be judged on RM turning it round. So from that, I’m not sure we are in control. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, trousers said:

“Nobody is hurting more than Russell “

a) No, we fans are, from his profound incompetence. And unlike him, we aren’t being paid millions for the shit he’s serving up. 

b) He could end his “suffering” by handing in his resignation. But of course he won’t; see a)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trousers said:

On his whiteboard in Parson's office are his key focus points – chiefly, finance and people, with the idea that the football then takes care of itself.

The football needs a little more attention methinks - letting it take care of itself is going great isn’t it?

On 23/09/2023 at 17:59, Wade Garrett said:

Martin is probably Wilcox's responsibility. As Wilcox was not part of the Ankerson induced managerial fiasco of last season expect him to be more circumspect about managerial shortcomings and new appointments than we fans. My guess is that Martin will be given at least a dozen games to prove his metal. If nothing improves after that then he will go.

I remain unconvinced that SR are really expecting promotion this season or probably next. Things may have to get a lot worse before we take a turn for the better. Our kids need a couple of years at least to mature and there is still plenty of deadwood to be cleared.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

F7NOp5hX0AU3kGb.jpeg.jpg

To Göztepe Sports Club President Rasmus ANKERSEN!
18 months have passed since you applied for the management of Göztepe! The process continues as if the commitments and investment promises you made for the facility and infrastructure organization of Göztepe Sports Club NEVER existed!
We, as the real owners of Göztepemiz, are curious about an issue and declare that no one has the right to ignore us on this issue and that we are closely following the issue! 

DEAR MEHMET SEPİL!
Did you show these guys a place? Will you follow up on the work?
Our urgent request from you!!!
Just as you made a statement to us at the beginning of the transition process, we expect you to make a press statement today regarding the management of Göztepe Sports Club and the execution of the commitments made!
Anlı Şanlı Göztepe Fan could never be ignored throughout history!
For the information of those who intend to...
one
GÖZTEPE
SUPPORTER
GROUP
Edited by Master Bates

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

F7NOp5hX0AU3kGb.jpeg.jpg

18 months have passed since you applied for the management of Göztepe! The process continues as if the commitments and investment promises you made for the facility and infrastructure organization of Göztepe Sports Club NEVER existed!
We, as the real owners of Göztepemiz, are curious about an issue and declare that no one has the right to ignore us on this issue and that we are closely following the issue! 

DEAR MEHMET SEPİL!
Just as you made a statement to us at the beginning of the transition process, we expect you to make a press statement today regarding the management of Göztepe Sports Club and the execution of the commitments made!
one
GÖZTEPE
SUPPORTER
GROUP

Can we have one of these made up for us please….

F7NOp5hX0AU3kGb.jpeg.jpg

DEAR MEHMET SEPİL!
one
GÖZTEPE
SUPPORTER
GROUP

Say this for him, Rasmus is at least consistent in his ability to piss people off. 

• Like 1

F7NOp5hX0AU3kGb.jpeg.jpg

DEAR MEHMET SEPİL!
one
GÖZTEPE
SUPPORTER
GROUP

Have they put a fatwa on him yet?