Sport Republic

Dusic

Ligue 2 is good fun. On the last day of the season, Bordeaux, who were playing to win promotion and Rodez, who were playing to stay up had their match abandoned after a fan ran on the pitch and pushed a Rodez player after they went 1-0 up. Don't think a decision has been made yet, so the table still stands with Rodez relegated and Bordeaux missing promotion with one game played less than the rest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Ligue_2

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours are the Valenciennes deals due to complete on the 11th July...

Staffing already look very Sports Republicy

New Manager - Jorge Maciel

New assistant - Joao Nuno Fonseca (Former Man City)

New Assistant - Leando Morais 

New Director of Football  - Ben Chorley (Former Swindon) 

New Director - Mathhias  Letterme (formerly Director at KV Kortrijk in Belgium)  

Edited by Nolan
Thought mentioning Valenciennes would be appropriate
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Rumours are the deals due to complete on the 11th July...

New mananger? Blimey that was fast!

Did Martin not bring and assistant with him as well? 

Edited by Saint86

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Ben Chorley the main stand out, ex Portsmouth numbskull.  

On 06/07/2023 at 10:52, Nolan said:

Apparently he’s been prepping for it for quite sometime.  Was going over last year to watch academy games etc. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2023 at 07:15, Nolan said:

There's certainly a lot of Marketing potential with some of Valenciennes players. Here's A Zinga.

image.png.6482b5d9f58b106f622007de95e5c0f4.png

wonder if hes also good at golf like Paul......................................................(azinger).............🤭

They have breathed new life into the club, it was a festering pit of soulless wannabes akin to a crowd at a spice girls concert.  

I think they can take us places most of us could only dream about, and I only dream about Kellogg’s factories 

onwards my saints!

that’s all I will say on the matter 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

I always wonder how SR are rating Directors of football, never heard of Chorley but I firstly assume he can speak french and is he rated within the game ?

He’s highly rated at Connect 4 and speaks fluent tripe. I currently rate him 53 in the Empire.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ribtickler said:

They have breathed new life into the club, it was a festering pit of soulless wannabes akin to a crowd at a spice girls concert.  

I think they can take us places most of us could only dream about, and I only dream about Kellogg’s factories 

onwards my saints!

Deppo...? Is that you...?

• Haha 1

On 08/07/2023 at 11:52, Ribtickler said:

onwards my saints!

Good.

• Haha 1

according to Matt Slater of the Athletic…this happened today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

“Expensive business this football ownership lark. Southampton’s owner Sport Republic has just put in another £18m in new shares. That’s a total of £155m injected into the club since December 2021. They earned 65 points over the last 2 seasons, £2.4m of shareholder cash per point.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saint lard said:

“Expensive business this football ownership lark. Southampton’s owner Sport Republic has just put in another £18m in new shares. That’s a total of £155m injected into the club since December 2021. They earned 65 points over the last 2 seasons, £2.4m of shareholder cash per point.”

And this imo is why the owners deserve slack and a measure of understanding. It's not Rupert and Guy. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

And this imo is why the owners deserve slack and a measure of understanding. It's not Rupert and Guy. 

They're showing some financial commitment, that's for damn sure.

Let's hope the guys on the pitch can deliver for them (and us).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

I assume he has put another £18m to ease cash flow issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Mate they also posted photo of them in the boardroom, could already tell rasmus handed out copies of his book signed.

Oh, did the photos show them getting use out of the book? Like wearing it as a hat, propping up wobbly desks or keeping doors open?

On 11/07/2023 at 19:50, saint lard said:

Bless the Athletic being factually incorrect again.  

They appear to have not included the Goztepe points since SR have owned them....

10 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Yes, but we are still stuck with Rasmus W. Ankersen.

Yes but his job is to oversee the Sports Republic rosta. Again as he was supposed to do last season until Joe Shields walked out on us. If you bothered to watch the excellent Jason Wilcox interview he specifically said that Saints will not sign any players unless Wilcox and Martin agree. Can’t be any clearer than that. 
Dragan also said in a recent interview he could have focussed more on Saints last season. Don’t forget Sports Republic isn’t his only business.

He is obviously rectifying that.

• Like 5

It’s clear we have made necessary changes and Wilcox is now driving things. The point I was trying to make was that both Saints and Leeds adopted a ‘find the next best talent early’ approach and we both got the same result of relegation. I do expect the new structure to oversee a more balanced recruitment model. Leeds owner saying in that clip that they needed to sign more experienced and ready players with their £100m outlay, I feel the same about our £140m spend.

Lavia was our best player last season, Alcaraz seems a rough diamond and ABK looked really good when he stayed fit. So youth wasn’t solely to blame. I think Bazunu was the biggest and most unnecessary risk. Letting Romeu leave and I do think Redmond could have offered more than those that remained too. Just a lack of leadership all over the pitch.

• Like 7

Taken off their official site:

After reaching a definitive agreement with the previous majority shareholders, Sport Republic, the London-based sports investment company, has finalized the investment by carrying out the capital increase in the VAFC and thus becomes the club's new majority shareholder.

VAFC becomes Sport Republic's third football club, joining English club Southampton FC and Turkish club Göztepe SK Its

history, the loyalty and fervor of its supporters, its exceptional stadium and training facilities, its training center ranked among the best in France, make VAFC a great football club with enormous potential.

We are delighted to see this investment come to fruition after working on it for a long time. Valenciennes has all the characteristics and infrastructure to become a reference club.

The former presidency has created a solid foundation, new opportunities for growth and development are available to us, we will work hard and support the club with the necessary resources to achieve this.

Eddy Zdziech

After a long reflection on the future of our club, Sport Republic quickly established itself as the best new majority shareholder of the VAFC.

I am convinced that Sport Republic has the capabilities to enable the VAFC to continue and accelerate its development to achieve the most ambitious goals. Their strategy and their desire to get involved in local life have totally reassured us about their desire to respect the history of our club as well as the work undertaken in recent years.

It will have been an honor and a great pride for me to have chaired this club which means so much to our territory for almost a decade, to have protected it and to have allowed it to have the essential assets to convince Sport Republic to invest in Valenciennes.
I will soon want to thank all the wonderful people with whom I had the immense pleasure of exchanging and working. They will forever remain etched in my memory.

I wish all the Sport Republic teams and of course the VAFC all the success they deserve.

Go ahead

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...