Sport Republic

Dusic

12 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Could not give the square root of fuck all about other clubs our owners buy.

Why not when it is potentially beneficial to Saints as the keystone club in group? Allows for easier work permits, inter club loans/transfers, sharing scouting networks.

Sure you might not care each week if Goztepe or Valenciennes win or lose, but with Saints being keystone of the group it ultimately revolves around benefitting the club you support.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

Long term it will hopefully provide the benefits MLG lists, so it’s good news.

Short term though most would like to see investment in our team, as the flagship for the SR group.

Out of interest, any ideas who the Dutch team we’re linked with is ? 

And what became of the interest in a Croatian side ? 

• Like 1

Was hoping SR would buy Le Havre. From a sentimental side the town is already twinned with Southampton, and from a practical view already have a reputation for developing some decent players through their academy. 

Edited by Badger

24 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Like Göztepe, Valenciennes also have a pretty decent sized modern stadium...

hainaut_top-1100x731.jpg

Wikipedia say 25,000 capacity. Looks bigger in the photo, bit of a cross between SMS and the Riverside

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Convict Colony It was a key point you missed.

season 1 friends GIF

Only 4 days into the window the club hasn't made signings, that doesn't mean they aren't currently doing anything in the background currently. The buying of new clubs by Sport Republic is separate from Saints buying players.

but surely the money they have used to buy crappy turkish clubs etc would be better off buying us some shit hot players

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Could not give the square root of fuck all about other clubs our owners buy.

I could, but only if AFC Portsmouth is on their hit list.  Loyalty for life if they buy that debacle and turn it into a perpetual fluffer club for Saints ;) 

6 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Dont we get banned from Uefe Cups if owner has ownership of two euro clubs ?

No, RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg have both competed in the same cup, and played against each other. 

Will they be borrowing money and using Saints to guarantee (?) the loans? What will happen when due to lack of proper

investment in the  Saints team results in relegation first to Championship then League one? Will that result in Saints going

out of business as the vastly reduced income used to pay off the loans becomes impossible to cover?

12 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Convict Colony It was a key point you missed.

season 1 friends GIF

Only 4 days into the window the club hasn't made signings, that doesn't mean they aren't currently doing anything in the background currently. The buying of new clubs by Sport Republic is separate from Saints buying players.

Ah but i didnt miss, I just discounted it because it was a humorous comment inter-swapping our ownership with our clubs activity and having a laugh at our own expense.

Something you should try every now and again.

Latest Fanatik article in Turkey Roberto Gagliardi will be in charge of Göztepe - Göztepe News - Sports (fanatik.com.tr)

Translation in the final paragraph:

"it is reported that Rasmus Ankersen, who watched the Turkey-Lithuania match at Gürsel Aksel Stadium with Mehmet Sepil, has also started transfer studies and is preparing to bring footballers to Göztepe from the English team Southampton, which he owns. Former footballer Murat Erdoğan is also expected to take part in Göztepe's football structure."

Edited by Nolan

11 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Gdansk is by the sea so get a boat over and then pay for hiring it by smuggling people back.

This is a terrific idea.  St Mary's > to Gdansk > to Goztepe 

Hope the Valenciennes FC deal falls through as we ain't getting a boat near that...

• Haha 1

Think Sports Republic mean business.

And Ankersen seems at the forefront of what we are doing. Matt Crocker seems to have taken a steps back and is probably focusing on the academy part.

I honestly think we are not that skint, replacing Forster who goes for free with a 20 year old wounderkid and spending 12 million for that was impossible this time last year.

I don t expect us to splash the cash with 30-40 million signings but I do think we have a bit of money to start poaching highly talented young players from other clubs and the move for the academy trading guy at City seems to signal that intent, unless we are just anticipating JWP departure at the end of the window lol

• Like 3

Think I agree with that except for the Matt Crocker bit. 

Essentially Sports Republic have created another layer above Crocker.

He's still in the same position on the ladder, it's just we've added to the top of the ladder.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nolan said:

Think I agree with that except for the Matt Crocker bit. 

Essentially Sports Republic have created another layer above Crocker.

He's still in the same position on the ladder, it's just we've added to the top of the ladder.

I agree but how would you take it if in your company they added another layer above you?

The layer comment is an interesting one.  I wonder if SR will have people with over-view roles, eventually?

Obviously, each club will be run-by different people, but will SR have more people ensuring synergy above the initial club level.

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

The layer comment is an interesting one.  I wonder if SR will have people with over-view roles, eventually?

Obviously, each club will be run-by different people, but will SR have more people ensuring synergy above the initial club level.

It’s what happens in a normal business (I know football is no a normal business) when a merger happens, most of the common functions that were local are centralised.