Sport Republic

Dusic

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

So a Saints director went to Goztepe, nice.

I wonder if it was to make sure the email gets sent to all Goztepe fans telling then they can't stand, support vociferously, or use pyrotechnics in the ground? 🤔

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

odatv_image_65__02c222736a4946.webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok we are now on the goztepe train.

Won their first game of their season away and tomorrow at 8.45pm play Buyuksehir

Erzurumspor (the Büyükşehir Belediye is essentially the Turkish version of "City" after English team names)

• Like 2

just a heads up to anyone commenting on Göztepe on twitter.

the umlaut is quite important to their fans...

Benjy Nurick of the Echo go a few comments like this after spelling it wrong, and its not common knowledge abroad that British keyboards don't have accents

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Benjy Nurick of the Echo go a few comments like this after spelling it wrong, and its not common knowledge abroad that British keyboards don't have accents

It’s not common knowledge that if you are typing on an iPad if you hold the letter requiring the accent for a second the most popular options appear

……….carry on.

• Like 1

I may be alone, but I could not give a toss how other clubs owned by Sports Republic get on. 💁‍♂️

Like I could not give a toss of regarding the results of the clubs where our loanees are at, the Saints Ladies side....anything but the 1st team really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Göztepe are a second division team. The first thing the Sport Republic team have to do is get them promoted.

Then it's all about both teams complimenting each other. Potentially Göz being a place for players to gain the points to play in the UK, or for players on our fringes to gain valuable experience. Our for coaches to gain experience

There will be influences both ways.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I may be alone, but I could not give a toss how other clubs owned by Sports Republic get on. 💁‍♂️

Like I could not give a toss of regarding the results of the clubs where our loanees are at, the Saints Ladies side....anything but the 1st team really.

Probably on the wrong thread then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

10 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Bet you would if they bought a Russian club.......

16 hours ago, Nolan said:

MLG's new Turkish profile found then.

23 minutes ago, Nolan said:

was confirmed as sporting Director of Göztepe on Saturday

Welcome Ivan Mance | Welcome Ivan Mance | Göztepe Sports Club Official Web Site (goztepe.org.tr)

He was linked a little while ago wasn’t he?  Our Danish overlords not messing around. Going to be interesting to see where some of their signings come from.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/08/2022 at 12:06, AlexLaw76 said:

I really don't know how the model works but it feels likely that success within the group (if the right clubs have been bought) should have benefits to other clubs within the group. The broad group financial muscle / resources must have a limit and if its growing in other areas rather than a drain then it must help us in one sense at least?

Gut feeling is that it is more likely to benefit the teams lower down the model (eg the Redmond deal) but there will be more scouts in random places, more opportunities to bring young players with talent in to t eh group and filter to saints, also is there a chance of bigger sponsor revenue if we are a more multi national brand? 

I'm no expert on this for sure and its just ramblings! Anyone know how its gone with city - they have about 10 clubs and not sure how the model has helped the first team at city?

32 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Detaching yourself from the window and some of the late shortcomings, it’s pretty crazy to think they were willing to spend £66m + an additional £30-35m for Gakpo this Summer without recuperating anything.

Lavia and Bella-Kotchap will be sold in less than two years for £50m+ so that’s the model.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Detaching yourself from the window and some of the late shortcomings, it’s pretty crazy to think they were willing to spend £66m + an additional £30-35m for Gakpo this Summer without recuperating anything.

Setting up a network of football clubs across Europe was always going to take an initial outlay of a few hundred million. 

It'll be interesting to see whether they intend on keeping clubs like Göztepe long term or whether they intend to try and flip them after promotion to the top flight. 

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Setting up a network of football clubs across Europe was always going to take an initial outlay of a few hundred million. 

It'll be interesting to see whether they intend on keeping clubs like Göztepe long term or whether they intend to try and flip them after promotion to the top flight. 

I’d imagine getting those clubs promoted is when the fun begins.

Unsurprising sacking given the lack of Goals.

(Played 5 Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 2 Conceded 4 Scored 3)

Former Fenerbache Goalie Volkan Demirel looks to be incoming as a replacement Manager

cant find any sniffs on further extending Sport Republic

Stories coming out of Valencienne last month suggested acquisition wasnt likely .