Chelsea vs Saints - Match Thread

waylander

All to play for. Bednarek needs a rest. Walcott all at sea at the moment, needs to stay wider and keep Chilwell busy. Still looks like 2-2 to me. Pity Ings doesn't get the service that Werner has. Romeu and Ward Prowse playing well. Adams looks to be the weather link, just isn't thinking quickly enough.

Can't believe we are still in this. That was the most one sided half in a long while and yet one chance and Ings does what he always does. I think the odds are that we will still lose but nice to see some fight. I hope we change things up a bit this half. Walcott pretty disappointing so far but it's very early days. 

Brilliant from Adams for Ingsy to score a cooly taken goal. We gave both of their goals away, Bednarek looks sluggish, wouldnt be surprised if Ralph swaps him for Jack 2nd half. We can still get something out of this COYR :)

Edited by davefizzy14

Just now, Charlie Wayman said:

All to play for. Bednarek needs a rest. Walcott all at sea at the moment, needs to stay wider and keep Chilwell busy. Still looks like 2-2 to me. Pity Ings doesn't get the service that Werner has. Romeu and Ward Prowse playing well. Adams looks to be the weaker link, just doesn't think quickly enough.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not sure if Salisu is going to be any good, but at the moment, Vestergard looks the best out of Stephens, him and Bednarek.  Salisu + Vestergard to start soon?

Have to say I'm disappointed by Bednarek though, he looked like he had potential but seems to be going nowhere, literally. 

I can’t say I’ve ever seen him as anything other than mediocre at this level. Plenty of mistakes and lapses of concentration in him. Same for Stephens really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I can’t say I’ve ever seen him as anything other than mediocre at this level. Plenty of mistakes and lapses of concentration in him. Same for Stephens really.

He's a good last ditch defender, but is too easily beaten in open play by pace

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That’s the trouble. If they’d been any good they’d have been snapped up by others. We’ve had some great CBs over the years and if they shine, they’re off. Look at VVD, Alderweireld, Richards and dare I say Fonte and Lovren (to a lesser extent).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

That’s the trouble. If they’d been any good they’d have been snapped up by others. We’ve had some great CBs over the years and if they shine, they’re off. Look at VVD, Alderweireld, Richards and dare I say Fonte and Lovren (to a lesser extent).

Anyone who stays here is always going to have limitations but I think we can do better than JS and JB in the squad. Lovren and Fonte were about our level.

• Like 1

Just now, qwertyell said:

So naive. Vestergaard caught upfield - obviously the counter was on. We had two or three chances to foul and take a booking for the team but no-one reacted at all. 

Ridiculous defending.

That’s what worries me about Saints. So calamitous and naive in defending situations. Laughable at times.