Danny Ings

sisi1992

9 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I never said you didnt, I said I dont think there is much need to call Ings a prick - but you know that is what ive said, and now try to deflect attention from your anger issues.

Can you read?

What exactly is your point?

I've called a player that doesn't even play for us a prick and you don't like it?

Is that it?

Okay then.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

200.gif

You do make yourself look a silly billy 🤗

Well, If you're not a villa fan, that's a strange comment to make.

If you are a Villa fan, being happy for someone to carry on who you don't believe will turn it around...

....is also a strange comment to make.

But anyway, I'm off now.

13 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

Well, If you're not a villa fan, that's a strange comment to make.

If you are a Villa fan, being happy for someone to carry on who you don't believe will turn it around...

....is also a strange comment to make.

But anyway, I'm off now.

He wants Smith to carry on at Villa because he thinks Smith won't turn it around, owing to not liking Villa he considers this a good thing. Like how I don't like United so I hope they keep Ole forever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HKsaint said:

I am afraid Ings will relegate to Championship with Villa.  I wonder how much Villa is paying Ings per week and how much more he can get from Villa than what we offered? As smith has now gone, does he regret now?

And if relegation happens what's the betting that just like his retrospective "only ever intended to see out one contact at Saints" when he thought he was good enough to go to a bigger club, he'll suddenly announce it was always his intention after plying his trade elsewhere to return to his boyhood club again one day and see out the remainder of his career there.

Would we take him back if it happened? Purely on ability I'd still say yes, but with that injury record probably not.

15 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

And if relegation happens what's the betting that just like his retrospective "only ever intended to see out one contact at Saints" when he thought he was good enough to go to a bigger club, he'll suddenly announce it was always his intention after plying his trade elsewhere to return to his boyhood club again one day and see out the remainder of his career there.

Would we take him back if it happened? Purely on ability I'd still say yes, but with that injury record probably not.

No that role of old retirement crock is Theo’s for next couple of years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

I cant see any way that Villa will be relegated.

Would like to see it but they will be fine when all players return.

I think it could happen tbh. If newcastle throw a tonne of money at the problem in Jan they can probably just buy their way out of trouble. Norwich and Watford are most likely to drop imo but after them Burnley, Brentford and Villa are next on the block. Burnley have shown year after year they can grind out the results to hang around in this league despite the odds. That leaves Brentford, who I think could easily drop, but stranger things have happened and they do have quality in that side. I'd say 10% chance Villa drop but it would be funny.

Also I put a cheeky bet on just before Grealish left at 25/1 so I am pretty hopeful tbh!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

I think it could happen tbh. If newcastle throw a tonne of money at the problem in Jan they can probably just buy their way out of trouble. Norwich and Watford are most likely to drop imo but after them Burnley, Brentford and Villa are next on the block. Burnley have shown year after year they can grind out the results to hang around in this league despite the odds. That leaves Brentford, who I think could easily drop, but stranger things have happened and they do have quality in that side. I'd say 10% chance Villa drop but it would be funny.

Also I put a cheeky bet on just before Grealish left at 25/1 so I am pretty hopeful tbh!

Interesting that you don’t mention Saints…we can just as easily be relegated if we don’t start scoring more goals. The 1-0s won’t last forever. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

Agree that Norwich and Burnley are the 2 most likely to go but the 3rd place is real tough call. Personally i think it will be Brentford as all the other teams have experience and better quality squads. Although if Brentford prove their early season form wasnt just a purple patch we could see leeds in trouble. 

6 hours ago, TWar said:

He wants Smith to carry on at Villa because he thinks Smith won't turn it around, owing to not liking Villa he considers this a good thing. Like how I don't like United so I hope they keep Ole forever.

Pretty much yep, although I don’t dislike Villa as such, just prefer them to keep under performing. 

I only commented initially, as I didn’t think it is fair calling Ings a prick, thought it was over the top 

1 hour ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Interesting that you don’t mention Saints…we can just as easily be relegated if we don’t start scoring more goals. The 1-0s won’t last forever. 

Agree, it's too early to think we have climbed out of it.

We are perfectly capable of losing five on the spin, just like Villa have done. A new-manager bounce defeat to Norwich, followed by predictable defeats to Liverpool, Leicester, and we go into the Brighton match in a very different mindset.

People moan about knee jerk reactions to defeats but we win a couple and people are pontificating about which of the pleb teams are going down but obviously not us, we're brilliant.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Agree that Norwich and Burnley are the 2 most likely to go but the 3rd place is real tough call. Personally i think it will be Brentford as all the other teams have experience and better quality squads. Although if Brentford prove their early season form wasnt just a purple patch we could see leeds in trouble. 

I think Leeds will mostly be fine. Last season I said high pressing teams were struggling because loads of players were getting injured and they couldn't keep up, with relation primarily to us, Liverpool, and RB Leipzig. I always kind of thought it was weird Leeds weren't struggling with the same issues. It seems now though that the way they play might finally be catching up with them as their squad is absolutely ravaged this season. If you listed their 5 best players (Bamford, Raph, Phillips, Ayling, and Meisler) four of them have been out for multiple games.

When they get fit they'll be fine imo.

Villa have had injuries too but their key players have been mostly fine save Bailly and Ings (who will always deal with injuries, its what you get with him)

Edited by TWar

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We are perfectly capable of losing five on the spin, just like Villa have done. A new-manager bounce defeat to Norwich, followed by predictable defeats to Liverpool, Leicester, and we go into Brighton away in a very different mindset.

People moan about knee jerk reactions to defeats but we win a couple and people are pontificating about which of the pleb teams are going down but obviously not us, we're brilliant.

Mathematically safe springs to mind

16 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Pretty much yep, although I don’t dislike Villa as such, just prefer them to keep under performing. 

I only commented initially, as I didn’t think it is fair calling Ings a prick, thought it was over the top 

Agreed. Reminds me of when some nasty piece of work on here was saying we should bully Forster out of the club by "making his life hell". Some people forget footballers are human beings.

Ings was perfectly within his rights to not sign a contract because he thought a big club might come for him and was perfectly within his rights to settle for Villa when it became clear one wouldn't but he'd already burned his bridges at saints.

Does it make him a bit silly for potentially overestimating his own value - Yeah, kinda.

Does it he care too much as he got a big contract anyway - probably not.

Does it make him a prick - fuck no, it's his life, and his career. Also judging by the fact he already has another hammy injury it could be his last contract. Makes sense for him to make it as big as poss and take those fools from the midlands for all they are worth. 

Edited by TWar
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

You can say that about any team, if we had Saints defence and were scoring 2/3 a game we’d be top of the league. I see no reason to think we’ll be in a relegation scrap come next spring. Right now we’re as close to 5th as we are to 18th.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not really, performances have been consistently good aside the odd half here and there, we have consistently shown throughout all 11 games that were are pretty solid at the back, we cause teams problems, the team works hard and follows the managers instructions and whilst we don't create a hatful of chances, we create enough to score goals and hopefully will score more.  When you look at all that and then take into consideration that we have probably had the hardest start fixture wise out of anyone in the bottom half then it becomes even more encouraging. 

At no point this season have we produced for example a half as bad as Villa had against us, where their players look like they couldn't be bothered, didn't know what they are doing and didn't seem to have a plan. Generally we seem to have a defined style of play and plan, and the players seem capable of executing it, it doesn't always work or they might make mistakes that let it down, but compare that to Newcastle, Villa, Watford, Norwich, they look like messes, who don't have a plan or style of play, and often don't look they know what they are doing.

So yes whilst we could easily lose 5 in a row because the PL is tough and fine margins can go against you, I think it is less likely to happen to us because of those reasons mentioned above. 

So I am not confident we are going to stay clear of trouble because of those last 4 games, I am confident we are going to stay clear of trouble because we have a competent manager, with a clear game plan, that our players are capable of executing well, because we are hard to beat, because the team works its socks off and there is just about enough quality to score some goals as well. 

I think Ralph said don't get too down when you lose and too high when you win, just keep believing in what you are doing and the results would come, when we didn't win in 7 there was easily enough there in the performances to see we would win games, and now we have won games it's not like we are suddenly going to win the league or finish top 6. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

We have a much better squad than all those listed imo (maybe only slightly better than Villa). One of the reasons we win a lot of games 1-0 is that we feel we can hold leads (and we are often right). Against Villa for example in the second half we actively transitioned to a defensive side as it made more pragmatic sense to shut up shop than to go for a second and get caught on the break.

We should be fine tbh, we are absolutely full of quality.

8 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Mathematically safe springs to mind

I'm usually braver than that. If we're on mid-twenty points by the time FA Cup R3 rolls around then I'd start to think we're pretty safe (because at that point we can actually afford to lose five in a row and still stay up).

22 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We are perfectly capable of losing five on the spin, just like Villa have done. A new-manager bounce defeat to Norwich, followed by predictable defeats to Liverpool, Leicester, and we go into Brighton away in a very different mindset.

I don't think a defeat against Leicester is predictable, they look pretty ordinary this season so I think we can take something off them. Brighton I back us to take something off too. Doesn't mean we will, but if we come through both with 0 points I'd be quite disappointed.

It's not kneejerk, we have been good all season, we kept clean sheets against City and West ham who are two of the best teams in the league, we looked pretty solid against Chelsea until JWP got sent off, we probably could have got a win against united.

It's less "we are suddenly winning and knees are jerking" and more people who paid attention to our fixtures in the first 7 games knew they were proper rough and the fact we put up a good fight against some top top teams ment we were doing pretty promisingly, we predicted when the fixtures swung we would start winning and then it happened. Now I think we will keep winning until our fixtures get horrible again around december.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TWar said:

We have a much better squad than all those listed imo (maybe only slightly better than Villa). One of the reasons we win a lot of games 1-0 is that we feel we can hold leads (and we are often right). Against Villa for example in the second half we actively transitioned to a defensive side as it made more pragmatic sense to shut up shop than to go for a second and get caught on the break.

We should be fine tbh, we are absolutely full of quality.

Not only incredibly arrogant, but incredibly naive as well. 

History has shown that whilst we are capable of going on incredibly good runs, we’re also just as likely to be absolutely dog shit. 

We’re an injury away from having Stephens and Bednerak as our 2 CB’s and I fear that would cause the clean sheets to dry up (I’m a bit nervous about Lyanco as whilst he seems competent enough in a 3, I’m not sure how he’d fair in a 2 as they are very different roles… At this moment in time, I think it’d be a disaster, if I’m honest).

I still think, Borja aside, we’re lacking goals and quality up the top end of the pitch. 

Norwich are gone. But other than that Newcastle will spend money and will no doubt improve and the rest (arguably Brentford aside) are much of a muchness imo. 

For me, after 10 games, I think it’ll be the 3 that come up who’ll go down, however, pretty much all teams in the bottom half aren’t safe imo. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

Not only incredibly arrogant, but incredibly naive as well. 

History has shown that whilst we are capable of going on incredibly good runs, we’re also just as likely to be absolutely dog shit. 

We’re an injury away from having Stephens and Bednerak as our 2 CB’s and I fear that would cause the clean sheets to dry up (I’m a bit nervous about Lyanco as whilst he seems competent enough in a 3, I’m not sure how he’d fair in a 2 as they are very different roles… At this moment in time, I think it’d be a disaster, if I’m honest).

I still think, Borja aside, we’re lacking goals and quality up the top end of the pitch. 

Norwich are gone. But other than that Newcastle will spend money and will no doubt improve and the rest (arguably Brentford aside) are much of a muchness imo. 

For me, after 10 games, I think it’ll be the 3 that come up who’ll go down, however, pretty much all teams in the bottom half aren’t safe imo. 

Not really arrogant to say we are a good side. We are. Not sure what you mean by "history has shown we are likely to be dogshit". We have struggled before, normally due to extenuating circumstances, could happen again to us, or anyone outside the massive teams really. Not worth worrying too much about.

Stephens and Bednarek would be fine for survival, still better than what Newcastle, Norwich, Watford, and brentford currently have at the back. Plus any one of them could have an injury too.

Regarding Broja, he's not even in our top two forwards, our depth up there is great.

We are not much of muchness with Watford or Burnley, don't be silly.

No one in the bottom half is "safe" but some teams - Norwich, Burnley, Watford, Brentford, Newcastle (pre spend), and potentially villa- have a greater than about 5% chance of going down, and we are not one of them. Sorry if you think that's arrogant, I just think we have a good squad, manager, and make good signings... 

Edited by TWar

I'm really happy with the last few games, its taken the pressure off. But we have not played well in all the games like some are suggesting. We capitulated against Everton, and the Wolves game was probably the worst performance since Vestergaards debut at Cardiff.  In other games, our energy and tenacity has been great but attacking threat absolutely dreadful! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, we are still as much in the mix as Villa, Burnley & lets say Wolves. 

But man, I'm enjoying the breathing space. Just wait till mid December when the media will be selling our best players to everyone. Bumps still to come. 

44 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Brighton away is April next year

Just now, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm really happy with the last few games, its taken the pressure off. But we have not played well in all the games like some are suggesting. We capitulated against Everton, and the Wolves game was probably the worst performance since Vestergaards debut at Cardiff.  In other games, our energy and tenacity has been great but attacking threat absolutely dreadful! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, we are still as much in the mix as Villa, Burnley & lets say Wolves. 

But man, I'm enjoying the breathing space. Just wait till mid December when the media will be selling our best players to everyone. Bumps still to come. 

Was the wolves game bad? I remember it as super cagey with very few chances and them nicking it due to an error and us not finishing so well. It's like people look back on the leicester semi final loss and say we were shit. We weren't, we were boring and didn't make much but defended well and kept possession, we were undone by a single error by a single player (and in the Leicester game a massive wedge of luck)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

But other than that Newcastle will spend money

I don't understand this belief that Newcastle spending money will surge them clear of being relegation candidates. 

They have appointed a manager who has no experience of battle relegation except getting relegated, or particularly turning a team around in that situation.

They will have played 21-22 odd games of the season before they can even get anyone new in, which includes a difficult run of fixtures and very possibly could only have something like 14-17 points or maybe even worse. Meaning these new players, that they have to find in the notoriously difficult January window, that actually want to join a relegation threatened team, have to bed in, start playing well as a team and realistically will need to pick up close to 2 points a game to stay up.

IMO unless Howe pulls out some unexpected results before Jan, then they are going to stay relegation threatened all season. 

• Like 1

Just now, tajjuk said:

I don't understand this belief that Newcastle spending money will surge them clear of being relegation candidates. 

Depends on the quantity of money really. I've seen them linked to Ter Stegen, Sule, and Ousimane Dembele. Obviously if they are signing bonafide starters for Bayern and Barca they'll probably be alright, if this is all hype and they come away with Tarkowski and Lingard as their business then yeah they may struggle a bit. I guess the issue with predicting is no one knows what sort of window they are about to have, this is all pretty unprecedented. 

4 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

and the Wolves game was probably the worst performance since Vestergaards debut at Cardiff.

No it wasn't we dominated them from start to finish, we just couldn't break them down and one combination of some good play/coupled with poor defending from Bednerak won them the game. Overall a draw probably flattered them as we at least edged it and they certainly didn't deserve to win, but got their goal and just sat back, we then huffed and puffed but lacked the cutting edge to break their low block. 

They had 6 shots in the whole game and 43% possession, we had 18 shots and their keeper was probably man of the match. 

The worst we have played this season was second half against Everton, since then I can't say any performance has been bad and most have been good. We should have beaten West Ham as we were the better team and should have beaten Man City but got denied by VAR eff ups. 

• Like 2

Wolves were gash that day, one bit of quality won it for them. But don't you look at possession stats and tell me we dominated that game. We ran our socks off, but were clueless. The shape was dreadful, the subs, everything. We had four prominent shots and all of them ALL of them  were straight at the keeper. 

I'm not exaggerating, we were really bad that day. Take of the tints and go watch the 90 and come back and debate me. 

4 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

That’s not what I said. I used that reference in terms of squad ability, I specifically said everyone in the bottom half could easily go down. Everyone is pretty similar to each other in one way or another. 

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

Not really arrogant to say we are a good side. We are. Not sure what you mean by "history has shown we are likely to be dogshit". We have struggled before, normally due to extenuating circumstances, could happen again to us, or anyone outside the massive teams really. Not worth worrying too much about.

If you look at Ralph’s time here, it’s been very streaky. When he came in, we improved. Then up until the first 9-0 we were pretty bad. 

Things got better in 2020, especially after the covid break where Ings was firing and we seemed a lot fitter than everyone else. 

2021 has been a shambles to date, but it has to be said is improving this season. 

Long and short is we’re capable of being very good (although I’m still yet to see that for 90 minutes) or very bad. Some time both in the same game (like Friday night). 

Unless we start taking our chances and putting teams to bed when we’re on top, which I think is due to a lack of quality, to be honest, we’re always going to be down there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

Depends on the quantity of money really. I've seen them linked to Ter Stegen, Sule, and Ousimane Dembele. Obviously if they are signing bonafide starters for Bayern and Barca they'll probably be alright, if this is all hype and they come away with Tarkowski and Lingard as their business then yeah they may struggle a bit. I guess the issue with predicting is no one knows what sort of window they are about to have, this is all pretty unprecedented. 

Ter Stegen is one of the world's best keepers, I cannot see players of that quality signing for Newcastle ever.  And if they do it's because they are well past their best or injuries have ravaged them, which is why they are being linked with someone like Coutinho, who is probably the worst sort of signing you'd want in a relegation dogfight. 

That is the issue they have, yes shedloads of money maybe, but they are still going to be in a relegation battle if not possibly adrift at the bottom come January, if some 'big name' comes to them then, then it'll be a mercenary type player who is just looking for a pay day and will ensure they have all sorts of escape clauses. If anything those 'pay day' sort of players could hinder them more than help, it'll end up like QPR when they starting splashing the cash and talking big names.

Someone like Lingaard or Tarkowski might actually be more sensible as those two are hard working professional players, who are decent and used to the league. If they can form a team of players like that they'd have a better chance, but I also struggle to see those players agreeing to it, especially as they will likely have other takers in PL who are not in a relegation battle. 

Carboard hamstrings Dembele on £200k a week is not the signing you want for a relegation threatened club, that is a hell of a gamble. He's missed something like 671 days through injury since Barca signed him. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

That’s not what I said. I used that reference in terms of squad ability, I specifically said everyone in the bottom half could easily go down. Everyone is pretty similar to each other in one way or another. 

If you look at Ralph’s time here, it’s been very streaky. When he came in, we improved. Then up until the first 9-0 we were pretty bad. 

Things got better in 2020, especially after the covid break where Ings was firing and we seemed a lot fitter than everyone else. 

2021 has been a shambles to date, but it has to be said is improving this season. 

Long and short is we’re capable of being very good (although I’m still yet to see that for 90 minutes) or very bad. Some time both in the same game (like Friday night). 

Unless we start taking our chances and putting teams to bed when we’re on top, which I think is due to a lack of quality, to be honest, we’re always going to be down there. 

I think we were poor before Ralph implemented the 4222 and since then we have been good when most of our team was fit and bad when they weren't. We have better depth now though so I'm not as concerned about fitness.

I also wouldn't say 2021 has been a shambles to date, we were poor the latter half of last season but I think we have been good this season. 

4 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Wolves were gash that day, one bit of quality won it for them. But don't you look at possession stats and tell me we dominated that game. We ran our socks off, but were clueless. The shape was dreadful, the subs, everything. We had four prominent shots and all of them ALL of them  were straight at the keeper. 

I'm not exaggerating, we were really bad that day. Take of the tints and go watch the 90 and come back and debate me. 

I did and you are talking rubbish, it was just one of those games. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

They've got 5 points and haven't won a game yet, and have a much worse run of fixtures than us, they have to catch up 9 points on us and do it with harder fixtures, they are in no way 'pretty similar' to us, they are clearly much worse than us. 

How were we 'very bad' on Friday? Even when Villa improved they barely landed a glove on us, we controlled the game pretty damn well IMO, even if it was just 1-0, McCarthy had to save one long shot and they didn't have a single chance you could consider good. The better chances in the 2nd half still fell to us even though Villa were pushing and playing better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I'm usually braver than that. If we're on mid-twenty points by the time FA Cup R3 rolls around then I'd start to think we're pretty safe (because at that point we can actually afford to lose five in a row and still stay up).

Wasn't it the weekend after that when we were mathmetically safe last year as it turned out, just didn't know it at the time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

We were good defensively except for one error and good in midfield. It wasn't a great game and we didn't create much but trying to claim it was one of our worst in years in downright crazy. It was a pretty standard drab 1-0 where the only bit of quality was the goal. Bednarek clears the danger properly and one of our shots is slightly better and we call that a professional win.

I can't see how that is that bad compared to, for instance, the games where we are tanked for a tonne of goals.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Not really, performances have been consistently good aside the odd half here and there, we have consistently shown throughout all 11 games that were are pretty solid at the back, we cause teams problems, the team works hard and follows the managers instructions and whilst we don't create a hatful of chances, we create enough to score goals and hopefully will score more.  When you look at all that and then take into consideration that we have probably had the hardest start fixture wise out of anyone in the bottom half then it becomes even more encouraging. 

At no point this season have we produced for example a half as bad as Villa had against us, where their players look like they couldn't be bothered, didn't know what they are doing and didn't seem to have a plan. Generally we seem to have a defined style of play and plan, and the players seem capable of executing it, it doesn't always work or they might make mistakes that let it down, but compare that to Newcastle, Villa, Watford, Norwich, they look like messes, who don't have a plan or style of play, and often don't look they know what they are doing.

So yes whilst we could easily lose 5 in a row because the PL is tough and fine margins can go against you, I think it is less likely to happen to us because of those reasons mentioned above. 

So I am not confident we are going to stay clear of trouble because of those last 4 games, I am confident we are going to stay clear of trouble because we have a competent manager, with a clear game plan, that our players are capable of executing well, because we are hard to beat, because the team works its socks off and there is just about enough quality to score some goals as well. 

I think Ralph said don't get too down when you lose and too high when you win, just keep believing in what you are doing and the results would come, when we didn't win in 7 there was easily enough there in the performances to see we would win games, and now we have won games it's not like we are suddenly going to win the league or finish top 6. 

Well if that is a knee jerk condition,  keep jerking, jerk, jerk...... 

Well said!!  You see the picture simply and clearly. 

"The truth is there IF you look for it"

18 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

You thought someone calling an opposition player a prick is over the top?

God forbid you ever go to a real live game then, you'd probably burst into tears...or something.

• Haha 3

Oh look, you have an audience - good for you @LiberalCommunist - that laugh may have just been your best contribution to the forum. When you grow a pair of balls, come back and we can have a sensible, grown up chat about what your problem is...

And Justin - not much point us engaging here - you clearly didnt get my point about wanting Dean Smith to carry on, and defaulted to the ultra-intelligent "you must be a Villa fan then' line. Genius 😂

And yes, I do go to games and the stuff said is in context - the heat of the moment, so is somewhat more understandable.

You calling someone a prick for leaving a football club, who were willing to sell him, months after they left - just think it was way OTT.

To me, I think it speaks volumes on your character, which is fine if you want to behave this way - just not for me 👍

Im going to leave it there fella, boring for others to see people squabbling.

18 hours ago, tajjuk said:

No it wasn't we dominated them from start to finish, we just couldn't break them down and one combination of some good play/coupled with poor defending from Bednerak won them the game. Overall a draw probably flattered them as we at least edged it and they certainly didn't deserve to win, but got their goal and just sat back, we then huffed and puffed but lacked the cutting edge to break their low block. 

They had 6 shots in the whole game and 43% possession, we had 18 shots and their keeper was probably man of the match. 

The worst we have played this season was second half against Everton, since then I can't say any performance has been bad and most have been good. We should have beaten West Ham as we were the better team and should have beaten Man City but got denied by VAR eff ups. 

Good post. Saved me the effort. My views exactly.

53 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Do people still care Ings left? Just a player seeking one last big payday. I mean let's be honest, he's left potential mid-table, optimistic 9th/10th at Saints for more money and a new challenge. They'll likely finish in a similar position to us points wise, depending on who they appoint. Smith was an ok manager but nothing special.

Only annoying thing about Villa is the usual "big club" attitude from many fans. We'll take JWP, course he'd come here, we'll take Ralph if we want etc. Yeah they're bigger than us, but so are a lot of clubs that come up for a short while then disappear again. Their first aim should be making sure they're top flight for the next decade. We've done ten years, come 6th, 7th, 8th a few times, played decent football and seen some top class players here. 

How many relegation fights in that time really? One big one under Hughes.  The next season Ralph came in and we were safe fairly early. Besides that it's never looked likely despite reactions to the 9-0. That's pretty amazing really. Yet I saw several villa fans saying of course Ralph would leave, they struggle to avoid relegation every season. Others saying JWP is the only player they'd want from us. 

I guarantee you if Ralph had the money to have signed Martinez, Buendia and Bailey Saints would be absolutely flying. Ings and Waktins are decent, but our central midfield is as good as theirs, our centre backs are better, our full backs are a lot better. Any club's fans that wouldn't instantly take Salisu and Livramento just aren't watching them play. 

I'd argue our central midfield is way better than theirs. JWP > Romeu > Diallo > Luiz > Stu > McGinn > > > Nakamba. Our depth options would walk into their starting 11. They get dominated in midfield in 90% of games now they have no Grealish, it is their biggest weakness for me aside from an LB who is stealing a living.

Edited by TWar

I cannot buy into the Newcastle will buy themselves out of relegation argument.  Assuming they are still in a relegation spot come January their transfer options will be limited.  The January window is notoriously difficult, players are not out of contract, teams will only want to sell players who are not key to their season or will be out of contract at the end of the season.  players in these two categories would not usually recommend themselves to a team in a relegation scrap, there have been exceptions.  Further the player has to agree, I struggle to see how a player at a top European club would be willing to join a relegation threatened club, better to wait until the season is over and see where they are and then take the big pay day if they stay up.   None of the top prem clubs are likely to sell anyone of note mid season, the rest of us will not sell unless it is truly silly money, and even then if they are after a key player it would be easy to delay any deal beyond the window.  Newcastle’s best option is to identify experienced journeyman players who know how to manage prem games and can grind out points without setting the world alight.  The problem with this strategy is you need to be set up well in advance to get the scouting right and have a manger who has the full confidence of his squad and a plan, I don’t know, but I doubt Newcastle are currently very well provided for in these areas.  If they manage to get out of the relegation scrap by January they will have a few more options but that is a big if.  I think it more likely Howe will fail to get them out of the scrap and he could be gone quickly.  They have been a club in turmoil for some time and a sudden injection of cash does not change the culture or effectiveness within the club overnight.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings