Danny Ings

sisi1992

12 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Will get a Lallana / Lovren style reception assuming he plays IMO.

Nah I don't think so. Lovren was just a complete and utter helmet, stayed for a year then had the whole 'my head is at liverpool' nonsense. Just a generally unlikeable bloke.

Nivea boy did the whole 'want to finish my career here' then 5 minutes later was telling everyone who'd listen that he was leaving and would strike etc, plus the fact he still had a long contract.

Ings has never really pretended he wanted to stay, or said anything derogatory. He just didn't sign a new contract. 

He won't get a hero's welcome but he won't get vitriol either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Yep, bores people to death. 

Hope for several wins as he will be on here considerably less when we do.

Imagine being in the pub with this bloke moaning constantly 

Always, you’re so obsessed buddy. 

I know Turkish and I live in your head, rent free (as they say), but there’s plenty of threads in the lounge where you can sling your personal insults. Let’s keep this one on topic about Danny Ings and not your obsession with me. 

16 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Yep, bores people to death. 

Hope for several wins as he will be on here considerably less when we do.

Imagine being in the pub with this bloke moaning constantly 

Easily the worst poster on here. That is some achievement with his competition. Every thread is polluted with the same anti- Saints rhetoric over and over again. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Easily the worst poster on here. That is some achievement with his competition. Every thread is polluted with the same anti- Saints rhetoric over and over again. 

Because we’re a mess on a downwards spiral towards the championship without a pot to piss in and a shit load of debt. 

One of the worst posters because I’m saying stuff you happy clappers don’t want to hear. 

I find it amazing how many are willing to sit back and lap up anything positive said, but as soon as anything negative is said (and let’s be honest, there’s a shit load of it at the moment), they’re deemed to be a troll. 

But you carry on and Pretend everything is all rosey and we’re this well ran super club. 

• Haha 3

Just now, SKD said:

Because we’re a mess on a downwards spiral towards the championship without a pot to piss in and a shit load of debt. 

One of the worst posters because I’m saying stuff you happy clappers don’t want to hear. 

I find it amazing how many are willing to sit back and lap up anything positive said, but as soon as anything negative is said (and let’s be honest, there’s a shit load of it at the moment), they’re deemed to be a troll. 

But you carry on and Pretend everything is all rosey and we’re this well ran super club. 

I'm no happy clapper and where have I said that you are a troll?

There's criticizing the club and players when it's deserved and then there's you, utterly lambasting everything and everyone at the club. Then there's the repetitive hyperbole of "we're definitely down" "we will definitely waste the money" etc. Every damn thread!

Maybe take a week break from posting and see what happens eh?

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Nah I don't think so. Lovren was just a complete and utter helmet, stayed for a year then had the whole 'my head is at liverpool' nonsense. Just a generally unlikeable bloke.

Nivea boy did the whole 'want to finish my career here' then 5 minutes later was telling everyone who'd listen that he was leaving and would strike etc, plus the fact he still had a long contract.

Ings has never really pretended he wanted to stay, or said anything derogatory. He just didn't sign a new contract. 

He won't get a hero's welcome but he won't get vitriol either. 

He refused to sign a new deal because he wanted to play in the champions league and then signed for villa and you don’t think he’ll get pelters when we play them? 

He went for money just like the others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

There's criticizing the club and players when it's deserved and then there's you, utterly lambasting everything and everyone at the club. Then there's the repetitive hyperbole of "we're definitely down" "we will definitely waste the money" etc. Every damn thread!

Not true, just the bad far outweighs the good at this current moment in time I’m afraid. 

FWIW, as you’ve clearly ignored, In the last week or 2 I’ve praised the signing of the 2 Chelsea youngsters (I like what we’ve done there) and praised the club for getting 30m for Danny. I think Semmens and Crocker are doing a very good job with the tools (or lack of) they’ve been given. 

Other than that, there’s nothing to be positive about. We’re a player (with any quality) short in pretty much every position (other than RB) and have no money to add any quality. 

10 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

He refused to sign a new deal because he wanted to play in the champions league and then signed for villa and you don’t think he’ll get pelters when we play them? 

Did he himself actually say he’d only leave for CL or was that just the line pushed by club preferred media? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Have you seen a St Mary’s crowd? There will probably be some gentle booing, before he notches a goal then it’ll be silence. 

Seems he left to villa in his words as they had a stronger direction of where they want to be as a club.... Is that code for they offered me more money? It is true they have more money than us and bigger fan base... Good luck to Danny, hopefully he can deliver the goods for them or things could turn nasty If he has a baron spell.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Monk said:

Surprised he hasn’t released a social media post saying goodbye/thank you given the alleged deep connection he had with us.

The silence from both sides is deafening.

Something sour has obviously occurred, sadly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Monk said:

Surprised he hasn’t released a social media post saying goodbye/thank you given the alleged deep connection he had with us.

Probably because he's ended up at Villa and ain't overjoyed that having aimed for the moon he's landed on a cloud. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Seems he left to villa in his words as they had a stronger direction of where they want to be as a club.... Is that code for they offered me more money? It is true they have more money than us and bigger fan base... Good luck to Danny, hopefully he can deliver the goods for them or things could turn nasty If he has a baron spell.  

Baron Greenback.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Cheers.

Fair enough. He has always behaved professionally with us. His move to Villa is ultimately a career move and as a footballer you have a short window to make your money. I could get sentimental and the romantic side of me hoped that as a local boy he would sacrifice the big money to be a club icon but we always knew Matty was an exception. Even Kane is playing up at Spurs. Realistically Danny was like a vintage car, a real classic and probably the best striker I have seen play for Saints and I have seen a few but like the car you were always waiting for him to breakdown. Good luck Danny, hope it goes OK but not brilliantly. I think we had the best of you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Three fucking weeks he's had to put something together having agreed the transfer that long ago and this is the best he can come up with?

Good enough for me, not too gushy and used a nice pic from that four-nil-in-your-own-backyard occasion

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Three fucking weeks he's had to put something together having agreed the transfer that long ago and this is the best he can come up with?

Do you have any examples of better Goodbye messages?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPjkHPNqgP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hes posted a half hearted goodbye 

It all seems a bit raw with the rumblings coming out of St Marys, apparently he didn't even say goodbye to some of the players before he went

All a bit odd from a guy that I felt had a bit of an affinity for the club

Still.... we move on eh, players come and go but I thought more of Danny.. Feels worse that I got him wrong really

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

It all seems a bit raw with the rumblings coming out of St Marys, apparently he didn't even say goodbye to some of the players before he went

All a bit odd from a guy that I felt had a bit of an affinity for the club

Still.... we move on eh, players come and go but I thought more of Danny.. Feels worse that I got him wrong really

I think there's been a power play on both sides, and he's lost and ultimately had to go to Villa. 

How this has played out, the very canny Livramento deal, and the other business we've done this window, makes me confident that we now have some smart negotiators in the club. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, egg said:

I think there's been a power play on both sides, and he's lost and ultimately had to go to Villa. 

How this has played out, the very canny Livramento deal, and the other business we've done this window, makes me confident that we now have some smart negotiators in the club. 

Selling a player we said we had every intention of keeping isn't my idea of a power play.

7 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Selling a player we said we had every intention of keeping isn't my idea of a power play.

We were always selling him when he refused to sign. The issue was on who's terms. He never wanted Villa. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Appy said:

Why do people care what he wrote in a goodbye message? 

Some fans are so precious, move on. 

5th august. Ings is a wanker he didn’t say goodbye

6th August what the fuck is that? Ings said goodbye but not good enough he should have said more.

like you say, get over it. Idiots thinking he loved the club and the fans and owed us. None of them give a shit it’s a job.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Will get a Lallana / Lovren style reception assuming he plays IMO.

Hopefully him missing a sitter early on will result in a resounding "Champions League? You're 'aving a laugh".

Unfortunately we just know that'll come back to bite us on the arse and he'll probably end the game with a hat trick.

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

5th august. Ings is a wanker he didn’t say goodbye

6th August what the fuck is that? Ings said goodbye but not good enough he should have said more.

like you say, get over it. Idiots thinking he loved the club and the fans and owed us. None of them give a shit it’s a job.

Speaking personally, I was incredibly disappointed that when Perraud signed and he did his quotes for the Saints website he didn't spend most of the time talking about how brilliant the fans at Brest were and what a great club he had just left and expressing gratitude for the time he spent there.

Hopefully this will be rectified for future signings.

1 hour ago, egg said:

We were always selling him when he refused to sign. The issue was on who's terms. He never wanted Villa. 

How exactly do you imagine we coerced him into signing for Villa on 'our terms'?

He made it clear that he would rather find a new club than sign the contract we offered him. And evidently he found a new club where a) he'll play every game when fit and b) who offered him a wage we can't afford. Meanwhile we're apparently scrabbling around for 'cheap options' to replace him.

I'm not sure how Ings comes out of this exchange as the scolded loser.

7 hours ago, egg said:

I agree. In Crocker and semmens I think the club are in good hands. The trouble is, how long will they stick around? I’d have thought even they were expecting the club to be sold by now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

How exactly do you imagine we coerced him into signing for Villa on 'our terms'?

He made it clear that he would rather find a new club than sign the contract we offered him. And evidently he found a new club where a) he'll play every game when fit and b) who offered him a wage we can't afford. Meanwhile we're apparently scrabbling around for 'cheap options' to replace him.

There's no way he's got what he wanted by a) signing for Villa, and b) getting £18m in wages rather than the £20m in wages we had offered. 

I suspect he irritated us by refusing his deal and his willingness to run down his contract (and coast through it). He looked for other clubs, and we invited buyers.

He either didn't get the offer he wanted from a big club, or he did, but we didn't get the fee we wanted. However, Villa offered us what we wanted, but perhaps Ings wanted to go where there was a better deal for him. He could then have threatened to run down his deal and walk next year. We said crack on, but everyone will be sorted by then so either take what we're willing to let you take (Villa) now or take your chances when you're another year older, and having had a lazy year, less attractive as a signing. 

I may be off beam, but nobody is persuading me that Ings has got what he wanted. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, egg said:

There's no way he's got what he wanted by a) signing for Villa, and b) getting £18m in wages rather than the £20m in wages we had offered. 

I suspect he irritated us by refusing his deal and his willingness to run down his contract (and coast through it). He looked for other clubs, and we invited buyers.

He either didn't get the offer he wanted from a big club, or he did, but we didn't get the fee we wanted. However, Villa offered us what we wanted, but perhaps Ings wanted to go where there was a better deal for him. He could then have threatened to run down his deal and walk next year. We said crack on, but everyone will be sorted by then so either take what we're willing to let you take (Villa) now or take your chances when you're another year older, and having had a lazy year, less attractive as a signing. 

I may be off beam, but nobody is persuading me that Ings has got what he wanted. 

Yep, I doubt Ings sat there with his agent and drew up a list of which mid table battlers they wanted to join, and Villa were at the front of that. 

I was shocked at first when this broke, disappointing too, and now think it’s funny he left us for Villa, as no way did he want to go there. 

I think the club grew a pair of balls and Played it hard with him, and there is definitely animosity between he and the club. 

Im pretty excited too about other players coming in, and think we may pull off something impressive. I can see a major loan addition, and think we should be going all out for Noni. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, egg said:

I agree with this. He couldn’t take the gamble of a serious injury, no big clubs wanted him and AV offered us (and him) an attractive package - so to an extent win win for everyone. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, egg said:

How did you come up with b?

7 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

It wasn't that long ago that you were dismissing The Athletic reports of Ings not signing his extension as just one story and probably not true because journalists, like, make it all up.

So maybe let's not trust your analysis too much.

Egg and the others are right, from the situation we're in, we've got the second best outcome which is an inflated fee (and some time to spend it). Ings has definitely not got his first choice outcome, because he's gone to Aston Villa.

We've got the opportunity to replace with some cash, Ings has got the opportunity to chug about at Villa who will likely doddle about mid-table, with a huge amount of pressure on the manager to make this team work. But Ings' Bank manager is happy.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

How did you come up with b?

The reports of £120k a week at Villa over 3 years, and £100k a week here over 4. I was lazy and x50 rather than x52 but the difference is still circa £2m, assuming those reports are correct. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings