Danny Ings

sisi1992

48 minutes ago, LGTL said:

It was officially announced on the OS in the RH interview article after the game yesterday. All very odd as you say, he must have fucked off a few people. 

I do the think the speed with which the transfer happened will have blindsided the comms team a bit. They'll have had a choice of working extra hours to get a dedicated story out, or just work something up quickly from Ralph's interview. No brainer really. 

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

Happy to see him go. That he’s failed to attract one of the big clubs tells me that he’s only interested in the money and that none of them wanted him. It’s fair enough to chase the pay at this late stage in his career, although he’s already so well paid that it smacks of greed.  He’s on the downward path, already not the player he was 2 years ago and he misses too much game time due to injury. 
If the club spend the money wisely we could be better off without him. 

• Like 8

Do we think Ings has had a touch of the Fontes? 

.....meaning, thought he was going to get the big "step-up" move to Manchester, when that didn't happen he feels he has burned his bridges and / or feels too proud to back down, and just takes the best contract on offer (West Ham, Villa) even though it's more of a sideways than upwards move.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SKD said:

Honestly not surprised, you could tell from his body language and performance his head wasn’t in it any more. 

I called this out a few weeks back and was obviously called a troll. 

Goal posts moved because he couldn’t get a top 4 club I expect. 

The reason you have been called a troll, although I don't recall when (and no, you don't need to point it out) is that you are a high volume purveyor of mostly inconsistent rubbish with not the slightest positive thing to say about the players, the club or anybody associated with it. Whatever happens is negative. Obviously such pessimism makes you happy: I think it's called masochism and a friend of mine knows a dominatrix somewhere in Shirley. I'm sure she could get into Saints kit and screw-in studs for you..

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

The reason you have been called a troll, although I don't recall when (and no, you don't need to point it out) is that you are a high volume purveyor of mostly inconsistent rubbish with not the slightest positive thing to say about the players, the club or anybody associated with it. Whatever happens is negative. Obviously such pessimism makes you happy: I think it's called masochism and a friend of mine knows a dominatrix somewhere in Shirley. I'm sure she could get into Saints kit and screw-in studs for you..

Good post. Pretty sure he's one of Heisenburg's alts...

48 minutes ago, Professor said:

Happy to see him go. That he’s failed to attract one of the big clubs tells me that he’s only interested in the money and that none of them wanted him. It’s fair enough to chase the pay at this late stage in his career, although he’s already so well paid that it smacks of greed.  

What a load of old pony.

Professionally, he’s better off at Villa than the shit storm at our club. Once  he couldn’t get a move to a top top club, he had 2 options. Stay at a club in decline or sign for one that clearly have more prospects of success than us. No doubt he or his agent would have discussed their ambitions and their plans for him together with how they see the club moving forward. What’s our pitch to him, “stay and fight relegation”. Anyone who believes it’s only about the money is deluding themselves. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I do the think the speed with which the transfer happened will have blindsided the comms team a bit. They'll have had a choice of working extra hours to get a dedicated story out, or just work something up quickly from Ralph's interview. No brainer really. 

What was stopping them putting up a quick article announcing his departure? The Ralph article is just the managers feedback on it, not the official club stance. No official club wishes or thanks in any of that.

Something sour went on I think. For a club like Southampton, not known to kick up a fuss and always play by the book, to not even say 'goodbye' is probably a damming indictment of what has played out.

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

Professionally, he’s better off at Villa than the shit storm at our club. Once  he couldn’t get a move to a top top club, he had 2 options. Stay at a club in decline or sign for one that clearly have more prospects of success than us. No doubt he or his agent would have discussed their ambitions and their plans for him together with how they see the club moving forward. What’s our pitch to him, “stay and fight relegation”. Anyone who believes it’s only about the money is deluding themselves. 

Yeah this is spot on. Didn’t get the move he really wanted but was desperate to get out of a relegation fight, as you say, join a club trying to go somewhere 

2 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

Yeah this is spot on. Didn’t get the move he really wanted but was desperate to get out of a relegation fight, as you say, join a club trying to go somewhere 

Not seen you for ages hun, you okay? ❤️

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Have I missed something or have we still not officially announced this?

Obviously it's happened, I just don't quite understand why we haven't done the usual ''we thank Danny for his efforts with us etc''.

It's all very odd.

I think you're right.  Even Lallana got words!

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

Allegedly he was in talks with Spurs but they wouldn’t match his salary expectations. So if it’s about the money why did he not end up there?

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

What performances were happening "a few weeks back"? Beach football?

Fuck knows why people are pretending that Danny Ings leaving this summer is some great big shock, especially when it is exactly the same people going on and on about what a shit club with no ambition we are.

When did I say the performance was a few weeks back? Nice try though. 

FWIW I’ve said it a few times. Called him and Bertrand a cancer due to their negative attitudes, given the lack of send off (in ings case) by the club, it appears I may have not been far from the truth. 

I’m not sure any are shocked he’s left, it’s shock at where he’s gone. We were told all along it’d only be top 4 etc… not sure why that’s so difficult for you to comprehend? 

He’s gone to a club showing some ambition from a club showing none. He’s gone to a club that’s likely to push top 8 from a club that’s going to be lucky to stay out the bottom 3. How can anyone blame him. You wouldn’t stay in a workplace that’s likely to struggle when the opportunity arises to move into a more stable environment for more money..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

FWIW I’ve said it a few times. Called him and Bertrand a cancer due to their negative attitudes, given the lack of send off (in ings case) by the club, it appears I may have not been far from the truth. 

I’m not sure any are shocked he’s left, it’s shock at where he’s gone. We were told all along it’d only be top 4 etc… not sure why that’s so difficult for you to comprehend? 

I can see why you would object to people with a negative attitude.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

What a first class prick you are 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What was stopping them putting up a quick article announcing his departure? The Ralph article is just the managers feedback on it, not the official club stance. No official club wishes or thanks in any of that.

Something sour went on I think. For a club like Southampton, not known to kick up a fuss and always play by the book, to not even say 'goodbye' is probably a damming indictment of what has played out.

It's August, maybe the article writer is on holiday somewhere with no access to their emails?

I'm sure someone will knock something up in the next week or two.

35 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

Can I remind you we topped the league last season and got to Wembley,  we might not be great but we're not as bad as some clubs 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

This was what I was told last night, no idea on the truth of it.

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Hates Saints - more importantly hates Ralph. Says training sessions are 30% fitness, 50% defensive and 20% of shit. 

Not a Saints fan so no ties, keen to play ‘higher’“

50% defensive ? Can't tell.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

Who’s to say he won’t be fighting relegation with Villa?

6 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Hates Saints - more importantly hates Ralph. Says training sessions are 30% fitness, 50% defensive and 20% of shit. 

Deal first discussed Sunday 

ings constantly moaning about how there was to much fitness and not enough defensive input 

this is what I was told today no idea on the truth of it

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Are Villa “higher”? Judging by the way we played when we were firing on all cylinders in 2020 I’d say that it took a lot of intensive practice. Also given that we were defensively very poor for half a season how so if 50% of the training was spent of defence? Finally how on earth could you keep this so quiet for 3 weeks? I’m not saying it isn’t possible but it seems highly unlikely. 

Edited by sadoldgit
Sp

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Are Villa “higher”? Judging by the way we played when we were firing on all cylinders in 2020 I’d say that it took a lot of intensive practise. Also given that we were defensively very poor for half a season how so if 50% of the training was spent of defence? Finally how on earth could you keep this so quiet for 3 weeks? I’m not saying it isn’t possible but it seems highly unlikely. 

FWIW I think it’s questionable too, especially given quite a few people have said it was done in a day, but supposedly it was just dotting the i’s and crossing t’s yesterday…pinch of salt like any rumour 

48 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Bit strange really in that even Saints and Lemina parted with a common courtesy of a 'thank you' on both sides whereas you might not have expected it, and nobody would have been surprised by the indifference to each other.

Ings, a top goalscorer who a few months ago could have been our top earner on a four year contract to the age of 33 leaves without any real comment.

21 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Curious if he hates ralph’s Fitness training approach as it seems to be core part of what got him the extra performance level here and into England squad the year before.

The no sentiment for saints definitely feels true. The home town boy stuff just media assumption. Play higher the polite way of saying will pay more.

32 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

No according to the guff he has said on the avfc side of things - even had to keep it from his dad (bless). 3 weeks is a very long time to keep things “secret” in the football world. Which was why we had so many WTF I didn’t see that coming.

12 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Curious if he hates ralph’s Fitness training approach as it seems to be core part of what got him the extra performance level here and into England squad the year before.

That thought occurred to me too. It was a bit of a gamble signing him with his fitness record but at 100% he had another dimension to his game.

42 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Ralph seemingly making a habit of falling out with players. 

52 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's like an obituary, probably should say a couple of words, little bit of praise, but no rush as being quick off the mark isn't going to affect anything.

True. There’s usual a period of a few days of mourning before the funeral elegy.

3 minutes ago, SKD said:

Ralph seemingly making a habit of falling out with players. 

Given that he’s basically saved Ings’ career, i’d be surprised if he hates Ralph. He was moving round like a cripple under Hughes, and even at the start of his near golden boot season. Clearly the fitness work did him no harm. 

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Which others has he fallen out with? And that could easily be bullshit too btw. 

Pretty sure he fell out with Austin and I seem to recall comments around the time Rohl left, that there was very little communication between Ralph and the players.. I.e rohl was the man manager of the 2. 

The bit about him hating saints and not being a fan is 100% correct. He’s never been a fan, despite what people claimed on here. 

52 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

“Deal done 3 weeks ago

Not having a dig at your source, but that feels a bit far fetched to me. The words 'hate' seem a little unlikely to me.

6 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Given that he’s basically saved Ings’ career, i’d be surprised if he hates Ralph. He was moving round like a cripple under Hughes, and even at the start of his near golden boot season. Clearly the fitness work did him no harm. 

Agree, it was only under Ralph that his form got going again to put himself in the frame for England.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not having a dig at your source, but that feels a bit far fetched to me. The words 'hate' seem a little unlikely to me.

My source is the same as I hear multiple things from. (Normally keeper related) 

His source for this is someone different, which is someone he works with, so much more questionable. 

• Like 1

The bit about him never being a Saints fan. Genuine question - how does that square with him having a brick with his name on it at the back of the Chapel? Or is it a grander version of my friend who knows I loathe MUFC buying me a ManUre badge for Xmas?

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

My source is the same as I hear multiple things from. (Normally keeper related) 

His source for this is someone different, which is someone he works with, so much more questionable. 

I know someone who knows Ings very well. No indication of this whatsoever.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings