The good posters no longer post here and you can see why...

Dusic

Bridge too far hasn't posted for ages, she rarely posted about football but loved a left wing political post, i think she said she was a canvasser for the lib dems. 

Verbal still posts despite his wife banning him. Always knew he couldnt be trusted.

Edited by Turkish

12 hours ago, LGTL said:

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/15149306.ten-years-for-joshua-hare-who-stabbed-victim-in-head-with-scissors-in-front-of-horrified-shoppers/

Over 20 previous convictions! 

Ascoli is (I think) View From The Top. I wonder if Javi has killed anyone yet?

This forum has provided many hours of entertainment it has to be said. 

Yes, I am.

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

That’s her, I forgot her name. From memory I think it was a pedigree cat, quite expensive, he said he’d have one as a gift for his daughter but asked to pay later, after she tried to several times to get the money he disappeared. She posted about it to shame him I presume. As I say I think the poor girl died a couple of years ago.

IIRC she met and married a fellow forum member, whose name escapes me, but she'd battled the bottle for a number of years and that took it's toll and was a significant contributor to her demise. 

Another couple that spring to mind but no longer with us; Griff and Toomer. Didn't Griff's wife use to post too?

Haven't seen anything from (think the name was) Eastleigh Soul Boy who was a regular poster for some time.

Edited by alehouseboys
Remembered Griff's wife

14 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Another couple that spring to mind but no longer with us; Griff and Toomer. Didn't Griff's wife use to post too?

Haven't seen anything from (think the name was) Eastleigh Soul Boy who was a regular poster for some time.

Griff's death was such a tragic accident.

I hadn't realised about Toomer.

40 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Griff was dating Pompeylass at the time, I don’t think they were married. Was Toomer the guy who ran a memorabilia shop? I vaguely remember someone reporting his passing on here.

11 minutes ago, Chickendippers said:

Remind me who Keith was - didn't he run a previous incarnation of this forum?

Yes he did, didn’t he chuck it in when someone threatened him along with threatening to burn his house down?.

Had some great laughs on that forum along with numerous volatile moments.

9 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

It was a real shame how Keith’s forum ended.  It was a prelude to the kind of trolling that is now rampant all over the internet

People seemed to become bitter when WIlde adopted him as a kind of unofficial voice of the fans. Before the 2003 cup final when it became overrun with bellends that forum was good. Although Saintsfun/b-anter reigns supreme on that score. 

He is a good guy, think he does quite a lot with a local football team now. 

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Griff was dating Pompeylass at the time, I don’t think they were married. Was Toomer the guy who ran a memorabilia shop? I vaguely remember someone reporting his passing on here.

My old mate Toomer passed away a couple of years ago, far too early. Was still working in the transport industry and never involved in a memorabilia shop as far as I'm aware .Worked with him in the late 90s and season ticket holders Chapel end from that time until his passing. Still miss him, good memories. Was a bit of a lad back in the day by all accounts...........under the Toomer.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

My old mate Toomer passed away a couple of years ago, far too early. Was still working in the transport industry and never involved in a memorabilia shop as far as I'm aware .Worked with him in the late 90s and season ticket holders Chapel end from that time until his passing. Still miss him, good memories. Was a bit of a lad back in the day by all accounts...........under the Toomer.

My mistake, must be confusing him with someone else. Still, sad to hear.

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Do YOU mean David from Sweden?

Thank you Turkish,  difficult to explain just why I got so pi**ed with this site.  None of us ever praised the club on everything

and felt free to criticise / comment where appropriate, but I think there were half-a-dozen or so who just went out of their way to 

be offensive / awkward.  We are all entitled to an opinion and they often made theirs quite forcibly, but if I was in the same pub as them ,

I'd move to another bar.  As a fan of 60 years standing (first match 1959)... I just felt it wasn't a fan-friendly environment at all.

I do look at this site from time to time, but note that in some ways  it hasn't changed much, so you are welcome to them.

Judging by the number of "former contributors"  like myself who have left since,  it seems  I'm not alone with that opinion.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

Thank you Turkish,  difficult to explain just why I got so pi**ed with this site.  None of us ever praised the club on everything

and felt free to criticise / comment where appropriate, but I think there were half-a-dozen or so who just went out of their way to 

be offensive / awkward.  We are all entitled to an opinion and they often made theirs quite forcibly, but if I was in the same pub as them ,

I'd move to another bar.  As a fan of 60 years standing (first match 1959)... I just felt it wasn't a fan-friendly environment at all.

I do look at this site from time to time, but note that in some ways  it hasn't changed much, so you are welcome to them.

Judging by the number of "former contributors"  like myself who have left since,  it seems  I'm not alone with that opinion.

The one thing this site does have is a good ignore user function!  Works wonders for me 😂

Edited by Barsiem
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

Donald Trump did that for 4 years .....and look what happened to him.

I cannot profess to understand the point you’re trying to make... but regardless ignoring people on a football forum is hardly comparable to anything the (former) POTUS does, unless of course he places people on ignore when on football forums??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Was Essruu the taxi or limo driver who knew all sorts? He was quality. 

Taxi driver. He had a gig driving Saints players around for a while including Pelle who he used to help out quite a lot as a sort of unofficial player liaison officer. 

I haven't seen Essruu for a while but we went to a lot of the away Europa games together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

People seemed to become bitter when WIlde adopted him as a kind of unofficial voice of the fans. Before the 2003 cup final when it became overrun with bellends that forum was good. Although Saintsfun/b-anter reigns supreme on that score. 

He is a good guy, think he does quite a lot with a local football team now. 

Yeah, that was very weird. A lot of that smacked of jealousy because he had an inside track on the club.

He goes up Sholing all the time. I saw him and Steve Grant up there a few months ago, the same day we drew at Chelsea.

I have to sympathise with those who've left. I rarely visit nowadays. Too many obvious trolls - Skates or PL groupies who love running down anyone except the glamour clubs. Look at the gloating when Saints lose.

Very little reasoned discussion. Virtually no humour or wit. Hardly any understanding of the reality of Saints' finances and principles. Just over-entitled keyboard warriors who should stick to computer games.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

This place is still far better than Twitter. the #saintsfc hashtag can be brilliant at times but also pathetic.

Agree. This place isn’t perfect but we do seem to have avoided the influx of Soccer AM ‘tekkers’ sorts. 

God I sound old. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shroppie said:

I have to sympathise with those who've left. I rarely visit nowadays. Too many obvious trolls - Skates or PL groupies who love running down anyone except the glamour clubs. Look at the gloating when Saints lose.

Very little reasoned discussion. Virtually no humour or wit. Hardly any understanding of the reality of Saints' finances and principles. Just over-entitled keyboard warriors who should stick to computer games.

LOL it's been like that forever. Do you not remember the takeover saga threads? 

15 hours ago, Barsiem said:

I cannot profess to understand the point you’re trying to make... but regardless ignoring people on a football forum is hardly comparable to anything the (former) POTUS does, unless of course he places people on ignore when on football forums??

Yes it wasn't  football, but you wrote about  "the ignore user function", it seemed that Trump ignored all the best advice he got and fired people because he 

didn't like what they said.... If I have to go on a site but then need to deliberately ignore people, it's not a very fan-friendly discussion forum to be a part of.. 

Personally.... I can live without the hassle. 

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

LOL it's been like that forever. Do you not remember the takeover saga threads? 

Lots of ITK I can’t say much but..... posts from self appointed leaders of fans groups. Power struggles between the various high profile wannabe fan on the boarders, Super fans desperate to out do each other.

It’s been like this Since about 2002 when the old saints forever got overrun with excitable morons with their seating plans, endless threads about what songs they were going to sing, what name they were going to get in their shirt and whose got a ticket for *insert name of upcoming opponent*. Probably the highlight for me was getting a threatening PM from one of Steve grants geeky female mates Who looked like a librarian threatening to make my life hell if I didn’t stop bullying him. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Turkish said:

Surprised Stu Romsey Saint hasn't come up yet, he used to really get under a lot of peoples skin on here.

Tee hee! 

Your transmogrification is complete. 

I miss Nineteen Canteen most of all; a straight talking guy on here, and a lovely bloke away from the forum. 

This place was great when Help Me Rhonda et al were the centre of attention. 

These modern day forum blowhards and blatherskites simply aren't worth a fiver. 

PS. What happened to Baj? 

4 hours ago, Block 5 said:

Tee hee! 

Your transmogrification is complete. 

I miss Nineteen Canteen most of all; a straight talking guy on here, and a lovely bloke away from the forum. 

This place was great when Help Me Rhonda et al were the centre of attention. 

These modern day forum blowhards and blatherskites simply aren't worth a fiver. 

PS. What happened to Baj? 

Baj is running a successful, growing business - so probably no time to spend here

On 22/01/2021 at 17:48, david in sweden said:

To right mate, there are so many pointless sniping and back stabbings that take place in here its a nightmare in certain topics. Its a fans forum for opinions.

Ignore eh? I admire those that can invoke this forcefull magic.

This sad, only slightly paranoid, git would be eaten up with curiosity about what naughty stuff I might miss.

Someone (clever?) should do a thesis on the dynamics of footy forums.They are organic in the way they develop, fight, bond, share, struggle and falter.