The good posters no longer post here and you can see why...

Dusic

I'm still here. 

But I have no opportunity to see the games currently, so cannot meaningfully comment on them.

And I got the strong vibe that no-one is really interested in what I have to say, so I just look in for info occasionally.

I think we are doing well currently, but it still feels hand-to-mouth and our progress will be derailled if someone comes in for either Ralph or Ings. We still dont have the right ownership.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, alpine_saint said:

I'm still here. 

But I have no opportunity to see the games currently, so cannot meaningfully comment on them.

And I got the strong vibe that no-one is really interested in what I have to say, so I just look in for info occasionally.

I think we are doing well currently, but it still feels hand-to-mouth and our progress will be derailled if someone comes in for either Ralph or Ings. We still dont have the right ownership.

Don't take responses as an indication of lack of interest in what you have to say. On any forum, there are often dozens, probably hundreds of people who never or seldom post, but are avid readers. The less people that post, the less there is for people to read and forums become stale.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Medrurkin said:

Don't take responses as an indication of lack of interest in what you have to say. On any forum, there are often dozens, probably hundreds of people who never or seldom post, but are avid readers. The less people that post, the less there is for people to read and forums become stale.

I think it's fair to say that no one had any interest in Alpine's constant childish rants and strops. 

As tedious as Dalek's constant "17th" and "Hoddle" bolloxs.

Edited by View From The Top
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, alpine_saint said:

I'm still here. 

Hi Alpine, good to see you’re still around. Shame you can’t see the games, it’s some of the best football we’ve played in years.

Sad to read about Toomer, I didn't know him but felt he was a balanced poster.

I used to like Scotties humour , Bearsy as well bloody funny.

Dubai Phil still around luckily.

Ladysaint havent seen her post and there used to be a woman who used to be a dancer who was a regular poster in the lounge.

Glasgow has he gone, or has his betting caught up with him.

Hamster

Midfield General

and sadly many more who dont add their stuff anymore

On 23/01/2021 at 09:58, Turkish said:

Lots of ITK I can’t say much but..... posts from self appointed leaders of fans groups. Power struggles between the various high profile wannabe fan on the boarders, Super fans desperate to out do each other.

It’s been like this Since about 2002 when the old saints forever got overrun with excitable morons with their seating plans, endless threads about what songs they were going to sing, what name they were going to get in their shirt and whose got a ticket for *insert name of upcoming opponent*. Probably the highlight for me was getting a threatening PM from one of Steve grants geeky female mates Who looked like a librarian threatening to make my life hell if I didn’t stop bullying him. 

Seen a few of them, scary mate, surprised you didn’t do a Henry Hill. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, alpine_saint said:

I'm still here. 

Please keep on posting, you liven up the board in your own inimitable way. Illigitimi non carborundum 

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Who remembers this legend 😅

Didn’t know Adkins was still down here in Hampshire. Just had a quick look on his Twitter account, great positive videos the bloke does. 
would like to see him back at the club, maybe as a youth coach.

• Like 5

Just now, Monk said:

Saint_stevo who I’ve always had an inkling is now Turkish. 

Definitely not mate. I’ve posted on here as Turkish for years. Going way back I was Paul Allen. Wasn’t it saint Stevo that used to go on about American all the time which led to some very funny pictures of him on the b-anter forum?

On 23/01/2021 at 23:31, alpine_saint said:

I'm still here. 

Good to see you still around. We've all had our 'arguments' over the years, but we all still had the same thing in common.

10 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Who remembers this legend 😅

So much time for that bloke. Created the most enjoyable 3 or so years I've ever had supporting this club. We were relentless. (I will credit him with input in what we did under Poch as well, he built an amazing foundation)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

So much time for that bloke. Created the most enjoyable 3 or so years I've ever had supporting this club. We were relentless. (I will credit him with input in what we did under Poch as well, he built an amazing foundation)

For anybody interested, I listened to a nice BBC podcast with Nigel the other day https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08qy9kn

• Like 1

21 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

My old mum was born where he's from (although she's lived in Southampton most of her life) and had a stroke before lockdown. I mentioned that she'd been unwell and obviously the rest (except the stroke) and he sent a lovely twitter message to her. Such a lovely fella. Absolutely one of a kind.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Is Justice Mike still around these days? Used to see him a bit ‘in real life’ but fell out of touch like people do

Wonder whatever happened to Javi, wonder if he’s still a super fan with a creepy side to him.

I’ve been good mates with Mike for a while, he’s still around. We spent the last lockdown doing DIY together.

On 21/01/2021 at 22:41, suewhistle said:

True, but who could forget his rather sexist but hilarious review of 50 shades of Grey!

I saved some of that. Scroll down to April 2020;

https://www.sotonians.com/t/where-has-bearsys-icon-gone/850/74

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to stop three chapters in I was laughing so much. [In case my HR dept are reading this, I was appalled by the casual sexism and cannot condone the homophobic views aired]

The rest of it is still on this site thankfully - I can see the point of this thread now there were some characters back then.

On 22/01/2021 at 13:19, Saint Billy said:

Yes he did, didn’t he chuck it in when someone threatened him along with threatening to burn his house down?.

Had some great laughs on that forum along with numerous volatile moments.

Didn't someone also superglue all the locks or keyholes in his doors?