Coronavirus

whelk

10 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes, I guess so but it’s all guesswork at the moment. Of course the programme for new patients will be running in parallel with the programme for booster jabs after a couple of months. What a logistical nightmare.

If we get to the magical 2mil doses per week by the end of the 12 weeks (or even sooner), unless we can somehow manage to increase that by another 50% (for example) to 3mil per week, then there won't be any 'new' patients being vaccinated as the capacity will be used to give the 'old' patients their second dose.

Public Health England refusing to deliver vaccines on Sundays tells you everything you need to know about state-run health service provision. Israel has three competing, state funded, health service providers rolling out their vaccination programme.

Once this is over, NHS, PHE and many areas of the civil service need a period of transformation.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Public Health England refusing to deliver vaccines on Sundays tells you everything you need to know about state-run health service provision. Israel has three competing, state funded, health service providers rolling out their vaccination programme.

Once this is over, NHS, PHE and many areas of the civil service need a period of transformation.

So just a direct copy and paste from Guido Fawkes then. You could credit them with the words you're pretending you've written.

Also total bollocks.

Jabs are being administered on Sundays and vans deliveries will be made on Sundays as required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If we get to the magical 2mil doses per week by the end of the 12 weeks (or even sooner), unless we can somehow manage to increase that by another 50% (for example) to 3mil per week, then there won't be any 'new' patients being vaccinated as the capacity will be used to give the 'old' patients their second dose.

Yes indeed, that’s what I was trying to point out. 

37 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Perhaps you should investigate and confirm the truth before posting nonsense like that, i work there and can confirm that Sunday vaccinations will happen.

A huge amount of work and effort had been made by PHE and will continue for a very long time to come and has included very long hours with little time of being off taken..

You need to look at what is actualy going on before making such stupid claims.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The great minds are giving their view on the vaccine, based on the opinion i'm out too.

Lauren Goodger says she'll refuse to have coronavirus vaccine because she 'doesn't know the long-term effects' (thesun.co.uk)

We should not mock such claims from someone with so much expertise, looking at her she has had several interactions with medical professionals 🤫

4 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Perhaps you should investigate and confirm the truth before posting nonsense like that, i work there and can confirm that Sunday vaccinations will happen.

A huge amount of work and effort had been made by PHE and will continue for a very long time to come and has included very long hours with little time of being off taken..

You need to look at what is actualy going on before making such stupid claims.

I do not believe I posted (copied from twitter) that vaccinations would not take place on a Sunday?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

We should not mock such claims from someone with so much expertise, looking at her she has had several interactions with medical professionals 🤫

The same person who is worried about the long term effect of Covid vaccines promoted a drink containing cyanide 🤣 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7803537/Lauren-Goodger-duped-selling-POISONOUS-cyanide-drink-BBC-sting.html

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

I wonder if the 'star'(!!!) actually went to 'medical professionals' for all the 'interactions'?

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

When you look at how Serco have handled the testing system and how Dido's tracking system has worked you realise that private firms are not the best way to tackle a pandemic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

In which case so does most of the private sector as well using your logic. Currently without central heating after gas engineers refusing to install the new boiler and flue we just paid a ton for until late Jan because of lockdown. Not good enough and firm concerned have been informed a significant amount compensation required due to this market failure for an essential service (and the guidelines deem it as such). Have other quotes to hand from different firms but you can tell where the corners cut compared to the more detailed current quote we went with and the others will keep coming back needing more money. 

Huge overhaul needed to make the private sector more accountable to consumers post-Brexit and gets standards of customer service right up, something I’ve put a big emphasis on in my own career. 

Hope you’ve taken on board the actual information on your OP from posters actually in the field. If vaccine programmes are going to work, government and social media firms need to quash this type of deliberate misinformation being spread with speed. 

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

The great minds are giving their view on the vaccine, based on the opinion i'm out too.

Lauren Goodger says she'll refuse to have coronavirus vaccine because she 'doesn't know the long-term effects' (thesun.co.uk)

The real and more important issue for her is what are the long term effects or making your lips look like a cat's arse and why her lipstick doesnt line up with her old lipliner tattoo. . 

Lauren has revealed that she'll refuse to take the coronavirus vaccine

• Haha 1

Just now, buctootim said:

The real and more important issue for her is what are the long term effects or making your lips look like a cat's arse and why her lipstick doesnt line up with her old lipliner tattoo. . 

Lauren has revealed that she'll refuse to take the coronavirus vaccine

Who is she?

Is she a "celebrity"?

6 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This must be a pseudonym? Any thick tight wing cunts been banned lately?

My place have decided that we can't now go in to use the classrooms. Unfortunately they decided that tonight and bar my laptop all the tools of the trade are sat in my room.

That's 2 of us delivering classes whilst 3 are having lessons in my house. 

How CAGs are to be awarded we still don't know which stresses the kids even more.

28 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

My money is on Camden but I’ve no way of checking. Let’s see how it pans out.

Grammar and typing a bit neat for TDD/Batman. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Dune. Whilst I don’t always agree with posters like LD, he has a perspective and there’s some nuance in that and a good discussion can often be had. Wes is more hard core than most on Brexit/BBC but a very good football poster that I enjoy reading.

With this poster/troll, he has slagged off certain whole sectors 3 times now but doesn’t have any bottle to come back and respond.

Joining VFFT putting him on ignore as a WUM and hopefully banned soon/pretending to be someone else on the UI. He would fit in really well there

Consulted my staff yesterday about how we are to operate from now on (I am in the construction industry).

I'm glad they agreed with my genuine concerns and with that, we've shut the doors and gone 'call and collect' only. No customers inside the building.

And Lauren Goodger. C()NT.

Got this from Reddit, regards the General. It was sent to all staff yesterday.

Dear Colleagues,

We are all aware of the rising numbers of patients suffering from COVID in London and the South East fuelled by the presence of the new variant. The NHS has the capacity to cope if the R rate is less than 1.2 we are currently running at about 1.7. The national lockdown is welcome since without lockdown, the NHS risks being overwhelmed in 21 days. We are now experiencing an exponential rise in local demand with 200 COVID patients in the hospital, 50 of which requiring Level 2 or Level 3 (ICU) support, with a doubling time of between 7-10 days.

It is clear we are moving into a difficult phase of the pandemic and will need to match this increasing demand with a rapid escalation of support and capacity to ITU and ward based COVID pathways. This will not be accommodated without dramatically reducing activity in other areas and I am asking you to again step up, calling on your flexibility and goodwill to support these areas. This can no longer be managed by the core teams.

Lockdown is predicted to start to reduce this growth, with an impact beginning in 2 weeks. I have no doubt the next month is going to be extremely difficult and we will experience significantly more pressure than ever before. We will get through this but only through all of us pulling together to avoid a crisis. The magnitude of the demand will be significantly greater than wave 1 or 2.

There will be much we need to do. I am writing firstly to make you all aware of the situation we find ourselves in but also to let you know of some immediate actions and provide some detail:

· G Level West Wing is now fully occupied by COVID patients.

· F7, F8 are full and we need to create capacity in F5.

· We will preserve ASU/F6 and therefore our next escalation will be to E Level.

· We will open Bassett Ward, PAH.

· We need to open and staff an additional 20 ICU beds.

· We will need to ask for a significant (circa 100) staff to support to these areas. I apologise to have to ask this and I acknowledge the stress this creates.

· We will close 4 theatres tonight and will undoubtedly need to do more in the next few days. Prior to this, we have already stood down 6 theatres (one of these replaced at the Nuffield) and redeployed teams.

· Outpatients, where possible and safe, will need to be run virtually.

We would have wished to avoid any redeployment and do not under estimate the impact this will have. This is going to be difficult, despite everyone’s efforts to minimise nosocomial infection and infection rates in our community which have put us in a better position than our neighbours . This has bought us some time for lockdown to have an impact and we should be grateful for that.

We will continue to roll out vaccinations as rapidly as possible. We will keep you informed as things change over the next few weeks. Please look after your colleagues and yourselves. Details of all the wellbeing support available are on Staffnet.

Thank you to everyone in the UHS family for what you’re doing and are about to do. I know that we will find our way through this together.

David French

Interim Chief Executive Officer

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Got this from Reddit, regards the General. It was sent to all staff yesterday.

Dear Colleagues,

We are all aware of the rising numbers of patients suffering from COVID in London and the South East fuelled by the presence of the new variant. The NHS has the capacity to cope if the R rate is less than 1.2 we are currently running at about 1.7. The national lockdown is welcome since without lockdown, the NHS risks being overwhelmed in 21 days. We are now experiencing an exponential rise in local demand with 200 COVID patients in the hospital, 50 of which requiring Level 2 or Level 3 (ICU) support, with a doubling time of between 7-10 days.

It is clear we are moving into a difficult phase of the pandemic and will need to match this increasing demand with a rapid escalation of support and capacity to ITU and ward based COVID pathways. This will not be accommodated without dramatically reducing activity in other areas and I am asking you to again step up, calling on your flexibility and goodwill to support these areas. This can no longer be managed by the core teams.

Lockdown is predicted to start to reduce this growth, with an impact beginning in 2 weeks. I have no doubt the next month is going to be extremely difficult and we will experience significantly more pressure than ever before. We will get through this but only through all of us pulling together to avoid a crisis. The magnitude of the demand will be significantly greater than wave 1 or 2.

There will be much we need to do. I am writing firstly to make you all aware of the situation we find ourselves in but also to let you know of some immediate actions and provide some detail:

· G Level West Wing is now fully occupied by COVID patients.

· F7, F8 are full and we need to create capacity in F5.

· We will preserve ASU/F6 and therefore our next escalation will be to E Level.

· We will open Bassett Ward, PAH.

· We need to open and staff an additional 20 ICU beds.

· We will need to ask for a significant (circa 100) staff to support to these areas. I apologise to have to ask this and I acknowledge the stress this creates.

· We will close 4 theatres tonight and will undoubtedly need to do more in the next few days. Prior to this, we have already stood down 6 theatres (one of these replaced at the Nuffield) and redeployed teams.

· Outpatients, where possible and safe, will need to be run virtually.

We would have wished to avoid any redeployment and do not under estimate the impact this will have. This is going to be difficult, despite everyone’s efforts to minimise nosocomial infection and infection rates in our community which have put us in a better position than our neighbours . This has bought us some time for lockdown to have an impact and we should be grateful for that.

We will continue to roll out vaccinations as rapidly as possible. We will keep you informed as things change over the next few weeks. Please look after your colleagues and yourselves. Details of all the wellbeing support available are on Staffnet.

Thank you to everyone in the UHS family for what you’re doing and are about to do. I know that we will find our way through this together.

David French

Interim Chief Executive Officer

The 200 covid patients mentioned was up to 212 when my wife left work today. She's a manager on the drug replenishment team in the pharmacy,  she usually visits wards once or twice a week, randomly supervising her staff. They are now so busy and depleted, due to ilness and shielding, she's having to 'muck in' on the wards. Her ward visits have gone from a couple of times a week to 2 or 3 times a day, fully PPEing each visit. She took 2 weeks worth of fluids to ICU today, that'll last them about 2 days now. She's still having to do her usual work on top of her extra ward visits and arranging meds when wards are re-assigned, wihich is currently happening 2 or 3 times a week.  She comes home shattered each day, and she's 'only' support staff, I dread to think what the front line doctor's and nurses are having to deal with.

Yet according to some twat on Facebook today SGH is not busy and it's just a sham 🤪.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

I've been following this chap from the beginning as he actually understand stats.

So have I.  Well worth a follow if others aren't.  That series of animations really hits home the scale of this thing, not that it will stop people denying it.

What a lovely warming story!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Sounds like the police were there waiting for people to arrive so they could fine them.  I thought that fines were to be used for people once police had followed the previous three E's :

Since March, police chiefs have followed a system called "The Four Es". Before fines are issued to rule-breakers, police will first:

• Engage with people, to ask why they appear to be breaking the rules
  • Explain the law, stressing the risks to public health and to the NHS
  • Encourage them to change their behaviour

The fourth "E" is "Enforce" by issuing penalty notices, as a last resort. And it's looking like there will be more of these fines in this critical New Year lockdown if people do not comply with the measures to contain the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52106843

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What a lovely warming story!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Sounds like the police were there waiting for people to arrive so they could fine them.  I thought that fines were to be used for people once police had followed the previous three E's :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52106843

Dickheads. How can it be a picnic if you don’t sit down? Isn’t this the same Force that employed drones to spy on people congregating in groups of one in the open countryside?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Dickheads. How can it be a picnic if you don’t sit down? Isn’t this the same Force that employed drones to spy on people congregating in groups of one in the open countryside?

Go to court and ask the police to define "local". When does "local" become "not-local"?

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Correct.

However, they DO state you are allowed to drive somewhere to take exercise which would suggest 'local' isn't the same as 'neighbourhood'.

There has been a syndicated story in local newspapers that interprets the rule as "your village, town or the part of a city where you live". Out here in the sticks, some village parishes are many miles across - it is easy to travel 5 miles without leaving the 'local' area, by this definition.

You cant expect people to stay indoors for two months watching Netflix. There is nothing wrong with walking or biking in open countryside with members of your own bubble. The police would be better used managing flows so that particular places - like Brighton or Snowdon or wherever dont get overwhelmed   

Edited by buctootim

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

You cant expect people to stay indoors for two months watching Netflix. There is nothing wrong with walking or biking in open countryside with members of your own bubble. The police would be better used managing flows so that particular places - like Brighton or Snowdon or wherever dont get overwhelmed   

I'll be out doing a long ride tomorrow, conditions allowing, as I did in LD1. OB don't care.

There's more police in that last photo than I've seen anywhere in the past 2 months.

Just had an email from the local classic car club about a couple in Winchester out in their old Land Rover giving it a run, stopped by the police and each fined £200.00 for being out with no lawful excuse.  Think I'll carry a shopping list at all times.

Edited by mickn

1 hour ago, mickn said:

Just had an email from the local classic car club about a couple in Winchester out in their old Land Rover giving it a run, stopped by the police and each fined £200.00 for being out with no lawful excuse.  Think I'll carry a shopping list at all times.

Should have claimed it was an eye test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Derbyshire Police are reviewing fixed penalty notices;

"But in a statement, the force said further guidance issued by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) had "clarified the policing response concerning travel and exercise".

The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."

The NPCC added that rather than issue fines for people who travel out of their local area "but are not breaching regulations, officers will encourage people to follow the guidance".

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus