Taking the knee

whelk

The thicker fans will continue to applaud the thick millionaires as they ‘take the knee’ to BLM (yes that IS the connection) whilst ignoring the huge ‘abolish capitalism’ irony. Those of us with a degree of sense will continue to ignore the utterly pointless gesturing and get on with our lives. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Yes precisely, you've nailed it! Now get on your knees and apologise for Britain.

But whatever you do, please don't look at the government as it quietly makes personal transport and home heating unaffordable for the average person, kills off whole industries whilst transferring huge debt onto the taxpayer etc. Because that isn't important. What's really important is that the person next to you is different and therefore bad.

You need to stop reading Angela Rayners tweets and drag your arse into reality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

The thicker fans will continue to applaud the thick millionaires as they ‘take the knee’ to BLM (yes that IS the connection) whilst ignoring the huge ‘abolish capitalism’ irony. Those of us with a degree of sense will continue to ignore the utterly pointless gesturing and get on with our lives. 

5 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Surely it is common decency to support the footballers who wish to make the lives of millions much better

It just shows how morally bankrupt our country has become with posts like yours 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, John B said:

Surely it is common decency to support the footballers who wish to make the lives of millions much better

How is this pointless hypocritical kneeling bollocks making anyone’s lives better? Give your head a wobble man!! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

How is this pointless hypocritical kneeling bollocks making anyone’s lives better? Give your head a wobble man!! 🤣

Well it's done a great job at exposing the racist arseholes among us for who they are.

You carry on booing and I will carry on supporting the lads every week knowing what they are doing has undoubtably good intentions, however futile or pointless it is.

Hopefully the booers will feel more and more alienated each week and end up doing something else on a Saturday afternoon and make football stadiums a much more pleasant place going forward.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Not sure why everyone makes such a drama out of this. We all know that it started off as BLM - we had the logos, the replacement names on back of shirts, banners etc etc - and then when it dawned on them that BLM weren't quite so benign, they carried on doing it while trying to save face by distancing themselves from the BLM group. It's a worthy cause, possibly the wrong action and unfortunately it will always be associated with the BLM group. 

IMO if they want to do it, then good for them. It's not going to change anyone's outlook on life, and if anything I do feel that race relations have taken a retrograde step given that many people are being labelled racist if they don't support it. 

Edited by angelman
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, angelman said:

Not sure why everyone makes such a drama out of this. We all know that it started off as BLM - we had the logos, the replacement names on back of shirts, banners etc etc - and then when it dawned on them that BLM weren't quite so benign, they carried on doing it while trying to save face by distancing themselves from the BLM group. It's a worthy cause, possibly the wrong action and unfortunately it will always be associated with the BLM group. 

IMO if they want to do it, then good for them. It's not going to change anyone's outlook on life, and if anything I do feel that race relations have taken a retrograde step given that many people are being labelled racist if they don't support it. 

Good Post. Everyone knows what you say is true, even those who try to pretend it isn't the case. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

Well it's done a great job at exposing the racist arseholes among us for who they are.

How exactly have 'the racist areseholes among us' been exposed?

Who are 'the racist areseholes among us' that have been exposed?

What has happened to 'the racist arseholes among us' that have been exposed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelman said:

That's about right. All the stuff about players all wanting to do it is a load of nonsenses as well. That was shown in the Euros when the majority of non English premier league players didn't do it. They're clearly only doing it because they're being told to by their clubs and it's way too much hassle to be the one that stands up and says it's pointless. Of course your virtue signalling oddballs will continue to applaud because that's what they think people want them to do.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Based on this statement you very clearly don't have  single 'degree of sense'.

You do have to question the mentality of people who believe they know better what someone is doing something for, than apparently the people themselves. I mean can you imagine how actually insulting and pathetic that is to someone, when they literally tell you why they are doing something and your in your ignorant arrogance completely ignore them and say they are doing it for something else.

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I really hope they replace it with something else for next season. I said right back at the start of this that both sets of players lining up facing the camera, intermingling and holding a banner with one of the many football related antiracism initiatives slogans on it (kick it out, red card to racism, say no to racism etc) would garner unanimous support and not be booed at all. 

For those who think I'm a racist for not liking the taking of the knee, surely you'd want the premier league to expose me properly by changing the symbol used to show whether or not I support it? 

• Like 1

Also all those who continue to mention 'Kick it out', Kick it out' support and align with BLM, because well they are not dumb and don't ignorantly believe all the right wing scaremongering about BLM. 

AND I am sure someone 'enlightened' person will be along in a minute to further mention defund the police and hilariously communism just to prove the point. 

I read quote from someone that saying booing an anti-racist protest is an inherently racist act itself, and something I full agree with.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

Also all those who continue to mention 'Kick it out', Kick it out' support and align with BLM, because well they are not dumb and don't ignorantly believe all the right wing scaremongering about BLM. 

AND I am sure someone 'enlightened' person will be along in a minute to further mention defund the police and hilariously communism just to prove the point. 

I read quote from someone that saying booing an anti-racist protest is an inherently racist act itself, and something I full agree with.  

SKD has promised not to post

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

So the people booing are accused of misunderstanding what the players are trying to do, and in response you don't even attempt to understand why people are booing and instead just prejudge them as racists? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, angelman said:

If you don’t support anti racists what exactly are you?
Forget the actual gesture, it is the meaning behind it that is important and if people can’t support that you have to wonder why that is.

Seriously, just think about it. Why on Earth would someone boo people who are making a stand against racism?

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Forget the actual gesture, it is the meaning behind it that is important and if people can’t support that you have to wonder why that is.

Seriously, just think about it. Why on Earth would someone boo people who are making a stand against racism?

Because they dislike the gesture and don't support it. Simple. 

10 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Disliking it is one thing, you can ignore it, as many do.

But booing it is way more than thinking it's a waste of time.

Booing it is a massive statement.

Indeed. If it were another gesture, say putting a fist in the air, or all holding hands and singing a nice song, I am sure the same sister-shagging single celled fucktards would find a reason to boo. 

"iTs ViRtuE signalin Nunsence inIt MusH!"

"FuCkin RigT m8 PoLitCs iNit M8 fUcK ofF!"

14 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

If you are actively against the gesture and object to its presence at the football that you've spent your hard earned money on then there aren't many other options left to you to express your displeasure other than booing. I haven't booed by the way and am happy to ignore it but if that's how people want to show their dissatisfaction then more power to them. If people thinks that makes them racist then that says more about them to be honest and their desperate need to slap derogatory terms in people that they disagree with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Indeed. If it were another gesture, say putting a fist in the air, or all holding hands and singing a nice song, I am sure the same sister-shagging single celled fucktards would find a reason to boo. 

"iTs ViRtuE signalin Nunsence inIt MusH!"

"FuCkin RigT m8 PoLitCs iNit M8 fUcK ofF!"

You're a charming individual full of kindness and tolerance for others. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Shall we ignore it in the same way the players will ignore the plight of all the people that have died so Qatar can host the tournament? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I've said it before, I'm intolerant of intolerant people. So yes, these days it feels like I'm always being intolerant.

And of course you widen the definition of "intolerant" to be those who disagree with you so it's then fine to be abusive and unpleasant to people and you caricature their responses so you can dismiss them as thick idiots. Classic tactic. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

And of course you widen the definition of "intolerant" to be those who disagree with you so it's then fine to be abusive and unpleasant to people. Classic tactic. 

Their arguments are paper thin and to me it just screams "I'm hiding something". Sorry if you can't see that. 

6 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Their arguments are paper thin and to me it just screams "I'm hiding something". Sorry if you can't see that. 

You're aware of the arguments of every person who has booed? I would say your previous caricature of their opinion was pretty much the least charitable interpretation of it and suggests that you had already made your mind up without talking to anyone with a different opinion to you. 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

You're aware of the arguments of every person who has booed? I would say your previous caricature of their opinion was pretty much the least charitable interpretation of it and suggests that you had already made your mind up without talking to anyone with a different opinion to you. 

Im always amused how these lovely tolerant people are always lovely and tolerant until they come across someone who has a slightly different view to them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Im always amused how these lovely tolerant people are always lovely and tolerant until they come across someone who has a slightly different view to them.

Exactly. I can absolutely understand why some people would be supportive of taking the knee even if I disagree. There's too many people on the other side though who want to use vile abuse against someone who doesn't support it and make all sorts of accusations without even wanting to discuss it. Sadly this is just one of so many issues where this tactic is used. It's very sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You don’t get it do you. No you shouldn’t forget the actual gesture as that is what is causing the issue. That’s why people boo the knee but didn’t boo kick it out. You should seriously think about before launching into another pious crusade talking down to people with your superiority complex when you evidently don’t get it yourself 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Exactly. I can absolutely understand why some people would be supportive of taking the knee even if I disagree. There's too many people on the other side though who want to use vile abuse against someone who doesn't support it and make all sorts of accusations without even wanting to discuss it. Sadly this is just one of so many issues where this tactic is used. It's very sad. 

You carry on believing that the majority of people that are against taking the knee are against it for morally acceptable reasons. I'll carry on believing what I've seen with my own eyes, idiots booing and making up rubbish to preserve their white ideal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

You carry on believing that the majority of people that are against taking the knee are against it for morally acceptable reasons. I'll carry on believing what I've seen with my own eyes, idiots booing and making up rubbish to preserve their white ideal. 

What have you seeing with your own eyes? Apart from the knee what other evidence do you have that people doing it are idiots making up rubbish to preserve their white ideal as you claim?

55 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Shall we ignore it in the same way the players will ignore the plight of all the people that have died so Qatar can host the tournament? 

And the way Liverpool players wore tee shirts defending a racist, Villa take the knee next to John Terry  and Utd defended a racist tweet from their striker. They’re a bunch of stinking fucking hypercritical twats,that deserve stick. It’s a free country, they’re free to take the knee and people should be free to boo them doing so. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 4

I don't care one way or another about the knee. After all they wear Respect on the captains armband (don't know if it's still on the players shirts) and we all know and see how much they respect the officials (which I think it's meant to be about) during a match.

One thing that I don't like is the raising of a fist during the kneeing. 

1 hour ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Exactly. The idea that these fucktards who boo have genuine concerns over Marxism or defunding the police is just laughable, we can all see them for what they are. I’ve been to enough England away games to know what these sort of tossers are like.

13 hours ago, John B said:

What a self righteous load of nonsense John B !

Take a look at yourself … 

7 hours ago, captainchris said:

What a self righteous load of nonsense John B !

Take a look at yourself … 

I think if you had friends and work mates  who have suffered racist abuse which has affected there lives perhaps you would have a different attitude

Why do you think it is right to verbally abuse me for being appalled at the attitude of so many against footballers who are making a stand against racism and inequality

• Like 1

Maybe long term just do what they do here in Oz for the Indigenous round in AFL. 

One fixture round per season, call it the 'Say No to Racism' fixture - in the AFL they wear a special kit for the game as well. Might work better than taking the knee every single game, which I personally think is not doing much.

Just an idea, you may think its shite 😅

11 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

And the way Liverpool players wore tee shirts defending a racist, Villa take the knee next to John Terry  and Utd defended a racist tweet from their striker. They’re a bunch of stinking fucking hypercritical twats,that deserve stick. It’s a free country, they’re free to take the knee and people should be free to boo them doing so. 

I do not understand why anybody would boo people for taking the knee is nothing political is nothing to do with BLM it just taking a stand against racism what is wrong with that

Do you really think that most of our black footballers get stick because of their colour

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, John B said:

I do not understand why anybody would boo people for taking the knee is nothing political is nothing to do with BLM it just taking a stand against racism what is wrong with that

Do you really think that most of our black footballers get stick because of their colour

Did you miss the players shirts daubed with ‘Black Lives Matter’ ? Perhaps the BLM banners around the stadium passed you by? Maybe you didn’t notice the ‘Black Lives Matter’ logo in the corner of the screen during every televised Sky match or the constant commentator references to ‘Black Lives Matter’ each time the thick virtue signallers subserviently took the knee as ordered by their mega rich capitalist bosses? 

How would you feel if the players stood facing the crowd before each match and threw up a Nazi salute? I mean that would be fine as long as they said it wasn’t anything to do with nazism and was now being used as an anti racism gesture right?

No wonder the football elite think we’re all fucking stupid when people like you say stuff like this!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Did you miss the players shirts daubed with ‘Black Lives Matter’ ? Perhaps the BLM banners around the stadium passed you by? Maybe you didn’t notice the ‘Black Lives Matter’ logo in the corner of the screen during every televised Sky match or the constant commentator references to ‘Black Lives Matter’ each time the thick virtue signallers subserviently took the knee as ordered by their mega rich capitalist bosses? 

How would you feel if the players stood facing the crowd before each match and threw up a Nazi salute? I mean that would be fine as long as they said it wasn’t anything to do with nazism and was now being used as an anti racism gesture right?

No wonder the football elite think we’re all fucking stupid when people like you say stuff like this!! 

Edited by supersonic

On 04/08/2021 at 09:15, Dorchester Saint said:

It's promoting conversation about race and exposing those who clearly feel uncomfortable with certain behaviours being challenged

6 minutes ago, supersonic said:

It's promoting conversation about race and exposing those who clearly feel uncomfortable with certain behaviours being challenged

Absolutely pony.

Racists will always be racists. 

Who is being exposed?

In what way are they 'clearly feeling uncomfortable' with their behaviour being challenged?

Unless you think these types of people are suddenly going to become intimidated and change their minds because some footballers kneel down for a few seconds?  They certainly don't seem like they are 'hiding' their opinions.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Absolutely pony.

Racists will always be racists. 

Who is being exposed?

In what way are they 'clearly feeling uncomfortable' with their behaviour being challenged?

Unless you think these types of people are suddenly going to become intimidated and change their minds because some footballers kneel down for a few seconds?  They certainly don't seem like they are 'hiding' their opinions.

spacer.png

Racists won't always be racist, it's a learnt behaviour and can be changed. 

The fact many of them won't want to change, or the fact many people have subconscious bias that they don't want to admit or consider is the bigger problem.

It's not the kneeling, it's the conversations that it's promoting elsewhere in walks of life.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

Racists won't always be racist, it's a learnt behaviour and can be changed. 

The fact many of them won't want to change, or the fact many people have subconscious bias that they don't want to admit or consider is the bigger problem.

It's not the kneeling, it's the conversations that it's promoting elsewhere in walks of life.

Who is being 'exposed' though?

Are the conversations that are being promoted elsewhere in walks of life always positive or are they sometimes negative - especially the conversations where those who don't agree with taking the knee are labelled as 'racists' when potentially they aren't?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Who is being 'exposed' though?

Are the conversations that are being promoted elsewhere in walks of life always positive or are they sometimes negative - especially the conversations where those who don't agree with taking the knee are labelled as 'racists' when potentially they aren't?

It's fairly obvious who is being exposed as having unconscious bias.

They are more often than not, positive, or at least the outcomes are after an initial difficult conversation.

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

It's fairly obvious who is being exposed as having unconscious bias.

They are more often than not, positive, or at least the outcomes are after an initial difficult conversation.

Name one person who has been exposed as having unconcious bias!

You need to give your head a wobble if you think a conversation that starts by accusing someone who isn't a racist of being a racist is 'more often than not' going to have a positive outcome!

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Name one person who has been exposed as having unconcious bias!

You need to give your head a wobble if you think a conversation that starts by accusing someone who isn't a racist of being a racist is 'more often than not' going to have a positive outcome!

So how do we stop racist or bias behaviour if we don't challenge it?