Other Games 21/22

whelk

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

On this occasion I do. Another trophy, they look good have strengthened during the summer. Really great example of how to build a football club.

100%, not joking this time.

Of course we could never ever have their manager at our club because he said dat fing about us once.

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

100%, not joking this time.

Of course we could never ever have their manager at our club because he said dat fing about us once.

Rodgers is obviously a decent manager but personally I’d want to see how he copes with McCarthy, Long and Redmond instead of Schmeichel, Vardy and Maddison.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

On this occasion I do. Another trophy, they look good have strengthened during the summer. Really great example of how to build a football club.

It’s a joke calling that a trophy. If City wanted to win it they would have nine different players in their starting eleven

Just now, whelk said:

It’s a joke calling that a trophy. If City wanted to win it they would have nine different players in their starting eleven

After the Champions League, it's probably the 2nd/3rd biggest trophy I would like to win ;)

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

It might not mean much but Leicester fans and players would have enjoyed it and it keeps the momentum going. 

9 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But in order to win it you have to win either the Premier League or the FA Cup first.

I know it is - it is a friendly. Only in times of needing to hype and market everything then they push that it means something. I cannot recall one goal or winner of any charity shield ever. Why do we go one about 55 year of hurt when we won the Tournoi?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

I know it is - it is a friendly. Only in times of needing to hype and market everything then they push that it means something. I cannot recall one goal or winner of any charity shield ever. Why do we go one about 55 year of hurt when we won the Tournoi?

Liverpool 76. Man united 2008. (Beat skates on pens, I was there in the United end)

5 hours ago, whelk said:

City did win it. I bet if some Man Utd fan said to you 'there's only one United' you'd call him a twat.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Harry Wilson off to a good start at Fulham, scoring on his debut (though I'm waiting for the inevitable late Boro equaliser).  He seems a decent signing.

Good call. All three of the clubs relegated from the Premier League last season failed to win on the opening weekend.

29 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why do you want Thomas Frank to be our manager?

chewing eating GIF

Why does Brentford losing reduce the chance of that happening?

Ok I’ll bite…

A) I rate Thomas Frank as a manager,better than Hasenhüttle  

B) because Brentford will be in our region of the table come the end of the season in my opinion. 
the reason being for that is,not because Frank is a poorer manager than Hasenhüttle ,but because of lack of players experience and calibre in the Premier league.

give Frank the tools and I believe he would be a shrewd acquisition for us in the future. 
actually…right now if it were possible. 

off you go with your usual mundane pedantic rhetoric. 
I’ll  just search for the best yawning emoji or gif. 

Edited by saint lard

8 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Ok I’ll bite…

A) I rate Thomas Frank as a manager,better than Hasenhüttle  

B) because Brentford will be in our region of the table come the end of the season in my opinion. 
the reason being for that is,not because Frank is a poorer manager than Hasenhüttle ,but because of lack of players experience and calibre in the Premier league.

give Frank the tools and I believe he would be a shrewd acquisition for us in the future. 
actually…right now if it were possible. 

off you go with your usual mundane pedantic rhetoric. 
I’ll  just search for the best yawning emoji or gif. 

At least spell his name correctly when dismissing him.

22 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

At least spell his name correctly when dismissing him.

And that’s all you’ve got. 
you’re failing on so many levels nowadays. 
you’ve been rumbled for the insignificant twonk you are. 
you are in need of a new persona. 

• Like 1

Brentford have some good players. I wonder if their forum had posters moaning they were all hipster signings because they hadn't heard of half of them? They've even got a chap from Dulwich Hamlet whose fans I imagine ride to the ground on penny farthings after having their handlebar moustaches styled at an achingly cool East London barbers. 

This is possibly the weakest line up I can ever remember from Arsenal though.

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

FFS the applauding of Saka and Carragher and Tyler fawning. Such phoney sentimentalism. 
Seems a good lad but is this going to be a thing now?

They're showing a bit of class and respect, nothing wrong with that. I doubt it'll be sustained but if other fans want to do the same, I can't see what's to criticise. 

28 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Brentford have some good players. I wonder if their forum had posters moaning they were all hipster signings because they hadn't heard of half of them? They've even got a chap from Dulwich Hamlet whose fans I imagine ride to the ground on penny farthings after having their handlebar moustaches styled at an achingly cool East London barbers. 

This is possibly the weakest line up I can ever remember from Arsenal though.

Yep, they're a decent side, but this arsenal line up is shite. Brentford won't be pushovers this season. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

They're showing a bit of class and respect, nothing wrong with that. I doubt it'll be sustained but if other fans want to do the same, I can't see what's to criticise. 

Luckily we will get our opportunity to show class and respect to Sancho next week.

Agree it is a positive thing obviously but this is where we are now and it is fucking stupid. Report one thing then report the counter action and everyone feels good.

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Luckily we will get our opportunity to show class and respect to Sancho next week.

Agree it is a positive thing obviously but this is where we are now and it is fucking stupid. Report one thing then report the counter action and everyone feels good.

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with report. It's that he fucked up in the Euros but his bottle for stepping up and giving it a go are being acknowledged. 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

We’ll do that whilst the same fans spend the entire game on the backs of their own team 

Just now, egg said:

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with report. It's that he fucked up in the Euros but his bottle for stepping up and giving it a go are being acknowledged. 

Ok I will just clap to follow others and hope it is for the right reasons.

maybe might even take a pot and pan. Helped me fuck over the pathetic clap from next door when clapping the NHS

Just now, whelk said:

Ok I will just clap to follow others and hope it is for the right reasons.

maybe might even take a pot and pan. Helped me fuck over the pathetic clap from next door when clapping the NHS

You won’t be allowed in with those offensive weapons and if you were to wave a pan in the direction of a POC player you’d be arrested for suggesting they are a cannibal you racist scumbag