Other Games 21/22

whelk

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Luckily we will get our opportunity to show class and respect to Sancho next week.

Agree it is a positive thing obviously but this is where we are now and it is fucking stupid. Report one thing then report the counter action and everyone feels good.

I'm sure we'll give Sancho a hero's welcome, I've already made a sign asking for his shirt 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Ok I will just clap to follow others and hope it is for the right reasons.

maybe might even take a pot and pan. Helped me fuck over the pathetic clap from next door when clapping the NHS

Do what you like mate. Personally, I saw a kid step up when senior pros didn't and give it a go. I'd applaud that. 

Arsenal were an absolute mess. Just look at them 10 years ago to today, the regression has been ridiculous. 

Why did they spend £25m on Mari? I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is a capable PL centre back. 

They just look like a bog-standard PL team to me nowadays, capable of winning and losing in equal measure. That ultimately means they will be mixing with your Evertons, Villas, Leeds rather than the Utd's and Liverpools as they used to.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Arsenal were an absolute mess. Just look at them 10 years ago to today, the regression has been ridiculous. 

Why did they spend £25m on Mari? I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is a capable PL centre back. 

They just look like a bog-standard PL team to me nowadays, capable of winning and losing in equal measure. That ultimately means they will be mixing with your Evertons, Villas, Leeds rather than the Utd's and Liverpools as they 

94D0D739-3FEC-45F9-836A-36F5BE9FA9D8.jpeg

Opps 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They just look like a bog-standard PL team to me nowadays, capable of winning and losing in equal measure. That ultimately means they will be mixing with your Evertons, Villas, Leeds rather than the Utd's and Liverpools as they used to.

To think they could have been in the European super league a few months ago

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

94D0D739-3FEC-45F9-836A-36F5BE9FA9D8.jpeg

Opps 

He did well to keep them competitive in hindsight, but at that point Arsenal still believed they should be winning the league.

I don't think they've ever been so far away from being in contention. The top 6 have raced ahead in quality and coaching.

Just now, whelk said:

To think they could have been in the European super league a few months ago

They panicked, that's why they went for it. They saw that they were getting left behind so they wanted an easy way to drag themselves back into it.

Unlucky. They'll have to suck it up.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He did well to keep them competitive in hindsight, but at that point Arsenal still believed they should be winning the league.

I don't think they've ever been so far away from being in contention. The top 6 have raced ahead in quality and coaching.

Miracle to keep them in the top 4 in hindsight. Classic case of be careful What you wish for. The arsenal team of the early 00s was incredible, it’s only early days but they look a mid table side 

2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

From the outside arsenal spending £50m on an average cb to bench a reasonably good cb in holding was just bizarre transfer business.

Yep. Brighton must be laughing all the way to the bank. The £50m Ben White looked like a fish up a chimney tonight - totally bossed by Toney.

12 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Yep. Brighton must be laughing all the way to the bank. The £50m Ben White looked like a fish up a chimney tonight - totally bossed by Toney.

Don't forget arsenal spent £27m on Saliba and he's never got a game. Totally bizarre recruitment. 

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Who are united playing next?

Dunno, but not us fortunately. 

I'm not watching - are Utd playing amazingly well, or are Leeds playing shite? 

Just annoyed I took Pogba out of my fantasy team and put Pepe in. 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Dunno, but not us fortunately. 

I'm not watching - are Utd playing amazingly well, or are Leeds playing shite? 

Just annoyed I took Pogba out of my fantasy team and put Pepe in. 

Leeds are just as open as usual. This season will probably catch up with them if they continue this approach.

I know we are shite at defending but based on this opening weekend so is a lot of the PL by the looks of it. 

33 goals I think in the 9 games so far.

I am sure people were talking about us needing some experienced defender like Dawson for West Ham, well he's been crap for them today, at fault for the first goal and just lets the second one roll past him, all over the place against Saint-Maximin as well.