Other Games 21/22

whelk

Watching some of the Man C vs Norwich game. It’s basically a training match of attack vs defence. It’s like FIFA practice mode, Man C are just trying out stuff. It’s pretty boring to watch, Norwich are basically just kicking it away hoping not to get totally slaughtered.

It’s worrying, the gulf is getting bigger and it’s likely we’ll be doing the same tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, whelk said:

It is funny how much we hate pundits predicting relegation when most of us think v likely.

Yes but it's annoying when other people do it! It's harder for me to explain it away as just a typical fan reaction if a neutral is saying it too. Despite predicting relegation this year, there always a bit of hope that your just being unduly pessimistic. 

15 minutes ago, whelk said:

I thought Southern Brave women were meant to be good? 12 for 5

Pretty much every Cricket team in the world has the potential for that happening, just seems to be part of Cricket collapses like that. I've certainly played in a few in my time from both sides, it's just weird, bowlers get a on roll and every batter comes out looking like they are holding toothpicks. 

34 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Thought Villa keeper could be off here.

VAR deciding to revert to pube’s-width offside calls to save him.

It’s going to be a travesty this season if they use VAR at a microscopic level in some matches but not in others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benjii said:

VAR deciding to revert to pube’s-width offside calls to save him.

It’s going to be a travesty this season if they use VAR at a microscopic level in some matches but not in others.

We’ll probably manage to get on either end of that in the same match at some point. Offside by a hair and then the other team gets one that looks more off than ours was.

Much like the Wolves match last year, Bertrand arm at side, handball, penalty. A few minutes later a Wolves player moves his arm to the ball and deflects it...no pen, play on!

Edited by OttawaSaint

48 minutes ago, whelk said:

It is funny how much we hate pundits predicting relegation when most of us think v likely.

Saying it yourself is a part of the self preservation process, outwardly accepting the fate whilst inwardly hoping it doesn't actually happen. Hearing someone else predict it, chips away at the inward hope. 

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Saying it yourself is a part of the self preservation process, outwardly accepting the fate whilst inwardly hoping it doesn't actually happen. Hearing someone else predict it, chips away at the inward hope. 

Indeed - I can moan about the missus but don’t you dare

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Have they got James Richardson doing it? Legend of a host

Yes. Inter look good. 2-0 Up after 15 minutes. They just said the a while back Genoa sacked their manager with the president saying he was useless and no surprise he’d been sacked so often in his career only to reappoint him. Got to love the italians

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Great to have Serie A back on the telly. Childhood memories of Sunday afternoons after playing tyro league 

Whats it on Turkish? My Premier League hating son has professed an interest but I Googled and could only find it on Premiere Sports? I don't have Virgin or SKY tv so wouldn't know if its on those services. 

EDIT: Tyro league takes me back... I used to play for Totton Rangers... in their Argentina blue and white striped kits. Circa 1987/8

Edited by jasonb
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jasonb said:

Whats it on Turkish? My Premier League hating son has professed an interest but I Googled and could only find it on Premiere Sports? I don't have Virgin or SKY tv so wouldn't know if its on those services. 

BT Sport. Inter v Genoa, Verona v Sassuolo on BT 2. Got a 3 year deal to show Serie A. Saints legend Fillip Duricic playing for Sassuolo

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

3 games in and next weeks match at Newcastle already looks like a 6 pointer

It is. 

What's our record like up there recently mate? We could do with a bit of luck like them going down to 9 men. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Turkish said:

BT Sport. Inter v Genoa, Verona v Sassuolo on BT 2. Got a 3 year deal to show Serie A

I used to love that growing up in the 90s mate, always buy a copy of Gazzetta de la sport when over there sat outside a cafe just like Richardson. Fancy doing a game over there again  now. 

6 minutes ago, JRM said:

I used to love that growing up in the 90s mate, always buy a copy of Gazzetta de la sport when over there sat outside a cafe just like Richardson. Fancy doing a game over there again  now. 

Me too. Played Sunday morning, get back bath lunch then watch the game. Rare treat to see a live match of telly in those days. After Italia 90 there was a magic about Serie A. The three Germans at inter, 3 Dutch at AC, lazio Roma Derby, Napoli, Fiorentinas purple shirts, even clubs like Parma and Sampdoria had some great players. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Me too. Played Sunday morning, get back bath lunch then watch the game. Rare treat to see a live match of telly in those days. After Italia 90 there was a magic about Serie A. The three Germans at inter, 3 Dutch at AC, lazio Roma Derby, Napoli, Fiorentinas purple shirts, even clubs like Parma and Sampdoria had some great players. 

Sampdoria were my favourites,  Des Walker, David Platt, iconic stadium from Italia 90

16 hours ago, whelk said:

I thought Southern Brave women were meant to be good? 12 for 5

Good to see local sporting heroes triumph, Southampton Brave winning thr mens Hundred they should get them to parade the trophy around St Mary's pre match today, brought back memories of David Gower lifting the NatWest cup in 1991. 

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Leicester haven’t got a leg to stand on in their complaints over that red imo. Sure Perez was offbalance but he was deliberately going for contact with west ham player.

Agree. Perez was basically doing the splits when he managed to stick his studs on Fornals leg but apparently just because he lost balance, could have planted his leg much sooner 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ impressed with ref’s / VAR so far this season!