Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

in the last two posts you've called me a cunt, a bellend and a gammon. Such a shame you have to resort to this sort of abuse. But we all know why. 

It’s because you’re a troll. Nothing to do with your opinions on anything, just who you are.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Of course I did you bell-end. Just because people take the piss out of you gammons, doesn’t mean that’s ‘the primary reason we want these campaigns’, it’s just an added bonus.

He said that the club embracing inclusivity was less important than upsetting "Karen's." All I was doing was pointing out that it was this attitude that so many seem to share that causes division and imo deepens levels of bigotry and discrimination. 

Edited by hypochondriac
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

The best thing is that during this entire thread I haven't said I had a problem with rainbow shirts or that I was angry or upset by them. It's interesting to see some of the abusive or insulting responses from people who read that regardless. Yes I'll take the piss out of empty woke gestures from corporations because they deserve to be mocked. 

So desperate to be seen as right on they dont actually read anything that is said, just that someone isn't applauding it and react with all sorts of abuse. Although it's funny it's actually rather worrying. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It’s because you’re a troll. Nothing to do with your opinions on anything, just who you are.

A troll now. Another classic response when someone has an opinion that someone else doesn't like and have run out of valid points to debate with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colinjb said:

Threads like this really are a microcosm for society in general. Great reading.

Did you like the shirt Colin? Got an order in? Or are you protesting against it by buying it anyway?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turkish said:

Did you like the shirt Colin? Got an order in? Or are you protesting against it by buying it anyway?

I am frankly appalled at those who are both simultaneously appalled and indifferent to it. 

7 arrive next Wednesday.

How's life chap?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm more Turkish trolling , regardless of anybody’s comments Turkish has a slightly tangential comment at the same time as denying any prejudice or position on the subject , it is a proper trolling skill that most posters don’t possess.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colinjb said:

I am frankly appalled at those who are both simultaneously appalled and indifferent to it. 

7 arrive next Wednesday.

How's life chap?
 

When i'm not being outraged by anti racists and pro LGBT shirts Sound mate, you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Hmmm more Turkish trolling , regardless of anybody’s comments Turkish has a slightly tangential comment at the same time as denying any prejudice or position on the subject , it is a proper trolling skill that most posters don’t possess.

So discussing the subject matter is trolling but being called a cunt, a bellend and a gammon within 5 minutes by the same poster is just   lovely bloke supporting the cause. Okay got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

i VE been out wearing the top this afternoon/evening and proud of it. No negative responses from anyone.

What were you doing that would require you to be wondering around wearing a football training top this afternoon?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So discussing the subject matter is trolling but being called a cunt, a bellend and a gammon within 5 minutes by the same poster is just   lovely bloke supporting the cause. Okay got it.

#bekind #toleranceandinclusion

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So discussing the subject matter is trolling but being called a cunt, a bellend and a gammon within 5 minutes by the same poster is just   lovely bloke supporting the cause. Okay got it.

Classic Turkish trolling , new tangent , not addressing the point made but replying to another poster then posting about another poster questioning his behaviour 10/10 Turkish. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He said that the club embracing inclusivity was less important than upsetting "Karen's." All I was doing was pointing out that it was this attitude that so many seem to share that causes division and imo deepens levels of bigotry and discrimination. 

Well done on your brave crusade to twist and turn everything into a reason to get your nips all puffed up,

Be careful to get yourself tangled up your lanyard 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

You were already there so wrong again …….

Go and have a look at the conversation. Can come across as a dick with some of his views but think you’ll find he was pretty balanced and fair.

Find it really odd how someone’s views on a separate matter makes people jump to an assumption when discussing something completely different.

Struggle to understand how opinions on LGBTQ+, Hassenhuttl, terrorists, Rickie Lambert and monkey petting zoos correlates!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Go and have a look at the conversation. Can come across as a dick with some of his views but think you’ll find he was pretty balanced and fair.

Find it really odd how someone’s views on a separate matter makes people jump to an assumption when discussing something completely different.

Struggle to understand how opinions on LGBTQ+, Hassenhuttl, terrorists, Rickie Lambert and monkey petting zoos correlates!

I speak as I find. I told Sydney saint that we had that conversation because he was a decent chap who had a valid opinion on something so I responded in kind. Other people on here who just scream that you’re thick and racist/homophobic and get all abusive if you don’t agree with them also get responded to in kind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Never mind all this squabbling.

Has anyone got one that they want to sell?

They’ll be giving them away in a few weeks time once the woke lot have moved onto the their next cause 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Can’t we just all agree that we’re all a little gay?

"The child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blithe, and good and gay." So that's 1 in 7 of us at least.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I think you've simply misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't commenting on rainbow shirts, I was lamenting the fact that the poster I was replying to primarily wanted campaigns such as this in order to annoy people they disagreed with. I was pointing out that it is that attitude that leads to more division and does nothing to reduce levels of bigotry and discrimination. 

Yeh but that is complete nonsense as I explained. As stated if someone gets upset or annoyed by something like this then they deserve all the ridicule coming their way, these campaigns SHOULD annoy people like that. 

I don't really care if such people feel 'divided' they should do, such people should be ostracised from society so they realise their opinions and attitudes are not wanted. All you are doing is playing the victim card for people who are not victims. All of which just excuses their deplorable attitudes and opinions and is exactly what won't do anything to reduce levels of bigotry and discrimination.

People's wrong attitudes won't improve if people keep making excuses for them. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Yeh but that is complete nonsense as I explained. As stated if someone gets upset or annoyed by something like this then they deserve all the ridicule coming their way, these campaigns SHOULD annoy people like that. 

I don't really care if such people feel 'divided' they should do, such people should be ostracised from society so they realise their opinions and attitudes are not wanted. All you are doing is playing the victim card for people who are not victims. All of which just excuses their deplorable attitudes and opinions and is exactly what won't do anything to reduce levels of bigotry and discrimination.

People's wrong attitudes won't improve if people keep making excuses for them. 

 

Again, the point being made was not about whether rainbow shirts annoy people, it was talking about the motivations behind some of the people who support it. I assume you're being wilfully ignorant. 

Oh an ostracising people who don't like rainbow shirts is absurd. Someone on this very thread is gay and thought they were complete cringe and presumably doesn't support them. Should he be ostracised? 

Edited by hypochondriac
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChrisPY said:

This thread should probably have been locked after @sydney_saint and @Turkish rationally discussed both sides of the argument at the start of page 4…

I'll take responsibility for this all going wrong. Turkish gave me a very fair and very reasonably worded response that spoke from his own experience via sister and cousin. I respect that. I hadn't responded yet simply as work has been super busy and stressful last couple of days and I wanted to make sure I gave it the time it deserved. It's a real shame that things seem to have detoriated, as if i had responded in time the reasonable debate could have continued. And I think it is one of those things that is worth debating as things have undoubtedly got so much better for LGBT over the decades. But there is still some homophobia around.

I'm in a bit if a rush, and seems like this thread may end up getting locked anyway. So how about this. Given we are so shit up at Goodison- we win today the shirt can continue until our first loss of the season. Lose today and we don't see it again. Win the league and it becomes our new home kit next season and Turkish has to do a lap of the stadium whist wearing it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Again, the point being made was not about whether rainbow shirts annoy people, it was talking about the motivations behind some of the people who support it. I assume you're being wilfully ignorant. 

Oh an ostracising people who don't like rainbow shirts is absurd. Someone on this very thread is gay and thought they were complete cringe and presumably doesn't support them. Should he be ostracised? 

Tajjuk is another one with a very preachy, pious style I’ve noticed. He explained it to you, don’t you know. Despite completely missing the point you were making.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sydney_saint said:

I'll take responsibility for this all going wrong. Turkish gave me a very fair and very reasonably worded response that spoke from his own experience via sister and cousin. I respect that. I hadn't responded yet simply as work has been super busy and stressful last couple of days and I wanted to make sure I gave it the time it deserved. It's a real shame that things seem to have detoriated, as if i had responded in time the reasonable debate could have continued. And I think it is one of those things that is worth debating as things have undoubtedly got so much better for LGBT over the decades. But there is still some homophobia around.

I'm in a bit if a rush, and seems like this thread may end up getting locked anyway. So how about this. Given we are so shit up at Goodison- we win today the shirt can continue until our first loss of the season. Lose today and we don't see it again. Win the league and it becomes our new home kit next season and Turkish has to do a lap of the stadium whist wearing it ;)

Nothing for you to be responsible for my friend. This place is full of very preachy individuals who are desperate to be seen as responding in the way they think they should they often end up resorting to abuse, confusing themselves, or misunderstanding what is being said. This thread is a perfect example of people being called cunts, gammons and being preached at because others dont like something they’ve said.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the message it’s a fucking hideous shirt. I swear some of you would buy a lump of dog shit with a saints badge of it if meant you were seen as being on the right bandwagon 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Aside from the message it’s a fucking hideous shirt. I swear some of you would Thats a lump of dog shit with a saints badge of it if meant you were seen as being on the right bandwagon 

I think you'll find that the board have bought up all the dog shit and stuck saints badges on them in some poor attempt to try and convince fans that they're watching a Premiership team. 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I thought eh match worn shirts were being auctioned off? Anyone got a link to the auction?

I might bid for one , they’ll be like new. Certainly won’t be particularly sweaty or covered in dirt, particularly the keepers one. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a few folks asking after the shirts above. I want one for myself and a few family members. I asked the club and they are 100% a one-off shirt and will not get another print run, nomatter what the demand. I'm finding this a pretty typical response these days from Saints...I assume the customer service staff are trained using a 1970s bank manager training VHS.

ANYWAY.

I'm going to recreate the shirt and get it printed here (I live in Hong Kong). Anyone have any idea on the typefaces used for the SAINTS/CHANGING THE WORLD THROUGH SPORT on the front and COPENHAGEN 2021 on the back? For the back "Monaco" seems quite close but I know it's not right. So far I haven't got close to the front.

When I do it I'm happy to share the results here. If anyone can answer the typeface question or is interested in getting one made, let me know. I got an estimate of £15 per shirt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OfnPanad said:

I saw a few folks asking after the shirts above. I want one for myself and a few family members. I asked the club and they are 100% a one-off shirt and will not get another print run, nomatter what the demand. I'm finding this a pretty typical response these days from Saints...I assume the customer service staff are trained using a 1970s bank manager training VHS.

ANYWAY.

I'm going to recreate the shirt and get it printed here (I live in Hong Kong). Anyone have any idea on the typefaces used for the SAINTS/CHANGING THE WORLD THROUGH SPORT on the front and COPENHAGEN 2021 on the back? For the back "Monaco" seems quite close but I know it's not right. So far I haven't got close to the front.

When I do it I'm happy to share the results here. If anyone can answer the typeface question or is interested in getting one made, let me know. I got an estimate of £15 per shirt.

The reason the club aren't doing it is because it was some corporate thing from the kit suppliers rather than something invented by saints hence Everton having the same top. 

 

Anyway whilst you're doing it, could you look into a matching jester hat to go with the kit? 

Edited by hypochondriac
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2021 at 18:41, hypochondriac said:

The reason the club aren't doing it is because it was some corporate thing from the kit suppliers rather than something invented by saints hence Everton having the same top. 

 

Anyway whilst you're doing it, could you look into a matching jester hat to go with the kit? 

It doesn't matter the reason, what matters is the tone of the response. Not "we'd love to be able to but..." or "we'll look into it", just a "no".

If you don't like the kit, that's fine, nobody is forcing you. Some others mentioned above that they were interested, so I am extending the offer. As I said, I am going to do it anyway. Sorting it out for others is only going to be hassle for me, what with payment and postage but I'm happy to do it for fellow Saints fans who do like the kit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why have the club changed their Facebook picture to this? Is there another LBGT celebration day or something?

 

3164BADE-1C85-49EC-94FE-4BAC1A47C649.jpeg

Pride march today. Can’t believe such a key date escaped you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whelk said:

Pride march today. Can’t believe such a key date escaped you. 

what’s that got to do with Southampton football club?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To give you a chance of coming out , as they used to say ! For some reason they think it’s a good idea to blow whistles at maximum volume on these marches which I find unbearable so I hate them ! Apparently you are not supposed to put your hands over your ears if somebody’s child is screaming it’s head off as it could upset the mother who would think you are getting at them for being a poor mother ! I can’t stand it because of the sound frequency so fingers in the ear for me regardless.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})