Saints Rainbow Shirt

miserableoldgit

26 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said:

Can you share anything to back this up or this another one of your anecdotal claims masquerading as a fact?

Of course there's a lot of evidence to back it up. You can search for social attitude surveys which underline what a tolerant nation we are. Certainly in comparison to most of our European neighbours. We should celebrate what fantastic progress we've made in just a few decades. Britain is a wonderful and welcoming nation where the vast majority of people are tolerant and friendly. It's something we should all be proud of. 

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sadly it's a common response. Happy it's winding people up and causing division (they think) than wanting an end to discrimination. 

No attempt to find common ground, no shades of grey, campaigns are either accepted in their entirety or you're a bigot and a phobe. The reason Sydney Saint stands out is because he's at least willing to start a civil dialogue with those he disagrees with for which he should be commended. Let's hope that more can follow his lead although judging by much of the abuse and invective that seems unlikely on here. 

On 10/08/2021 at 12:36, stevy777_x said:

As a matter of curiosity, how do you react when you see racial and sexual injustices or violence in this world? 

Do you shrug your shoulders and just ignore that it exists?

Don't know about you? I sort the issue by changing the picture on my social media accounts.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Hope everyone takes this same energy from here and the euro's into the world cup in Qatar next year.

Protests everywhere i expect, human rights abuse, homophobia commonplace they wont know what's hit them

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/british-embassy-uae-pride-flag-b1874493.html

Maybe they will legalise it if they see that the overwhelming majority of people support these sorts of campaigns.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2021 at 19:11, Turkish said:

How selfish. Just think of all those LGBT+ people across the country who would love to go to a match but cant because they are too scared. There must be literally 3 or 4 of them.

If fear of big open spaces is agoraphobia, what's fear of going to a football match called?

23 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

You clearly aren't really interested in reducing levels of discrimination and hate, your primary motivation is to support campaigns that upset people that you disagree with politically. It's a shame that there are so many people with the same attitude as you because all its going to cause is division and upset and hate and discrimination will continue. 

Not sure how you get to that opinion from me saying I like the shirt and its message of inclusion, don't really see the rainbow shirt causing the division, upset, hate or discrimination you seem to be worried it will, I expect most people will either enjoy it or ignore it without getting themselves all frothy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweet dee said:

Not sure how you get to that opinion from me saying I like the shirt and its message of inclusion, don't really see the rainbow shirt causing the division, upset, hate or discrimination you seem to be worried it will, I expect most people will either enjoy it or ignore it without getting themselves all frothy 

I got it from your own words: 

"even better because it gets all the Karen's on here all hot and bothered" 

23 hours ago, hackedoff said:

Just because prawns are pink it doesn't mean they are gay.

Even if hey were theyd be welcome in my sandwich... err, no, wait, I don't like the way that came out, or that come to think of it, or that. What a bummer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I got it from your own words: 

"even better because it gets all the Karen's on here all hot and bothered" 

Lolz, either you've got yourself really confused and grabbed the wrong end of lots of sticks, or you're trying way too hard, whatever, doesn't really matter, neither of us are going to change the world chatting on a saints forum, but it's fun to try sometimes, big loves to all xxx 

3 minutes ago, Sweet dee said:

Lolz, either you've got yourself really confused and grabbed the wrong end of lots of sticks, or you're trying way too hard, whatever, doesn't really matter, neither of us are going to change the world chatting on a saints forum, but it's fun to try sometimes, big loves to all xxx 

I've misunderstood nothing all I did was quote your words back at you. You wrote them not me. I'll take your post as an admission that you were hasty with your post and let's hope you display a more forgiving and tolerant nature in future. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I've misunderstood nothing all I did was quote your words back at you. You wrote them not me. I'll take your post as an admission that you were hasty with your post and let's hope you display a more forgiving and tolerant nature in future. 

This, coupled with the other responses, I'm going to say you definitely are confused by what I was saying, try to not let it ruin your evening, and I'm sorry if I made you go over a few lines in your adult colouring book xxx 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sweet dee said:

This, coupled with the other responses, I'm going to say you definitely are confused by what I was saying, try to not let it ruin your evening, and I'm sorry if I made you go over a few lines in your adult colouring book xxx 

I'm happy to pretend that me quoting your words back at you somehow makes me confused if it makes you feel better. I understand that some people don't like having to explain a hasty post that they blurted out which accidentally reveals their intolerance. 

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I saw on social media that possibly Everton had the same intersectional rainbow mess in one of their shorts too? So is this a national thing? 

I saw on social media that possibly Everton had the same mess in one of their shorts too? So is this a national thing?

Corrected it for you.

18 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm happy to pretend that me quoting your words back at you somehow makes me confused if it makes you feel better. 

Yeah loads better, cheers 😘👍

Enjoy the barn dance later, and the game tomorrow. 

Come on you rainbows 🏑🥋🦜

On 11/08/2021 at 14:34, hypochondriac said:

You clearly aren't really interested in reducing levels of discrimination and hate, your primary motivation is to support campaigns that upset people that you disagree with politically. It's a shame that there are so many people with the same attitude as you because all its going to cause is division and upset and hate and discrimination will continue. 

Eh? This is just nonsense.

This isn't political and if this upsets someone then they are an idiot. If someone is upset by something like this then then they are someone who causes hate and discrimination in the first place. 

In stuff like this there is literally the right side and the wrong side, there is no argument, no discussions etc. that is just people trying to defend people being awful.  This is isn't fiscal responsibility or how high taxes should be, it is literally 'hey let's not be a c*nt to people who are different just because they are different'. 

That is it, no normal human being would take any issue or offence at this, if they do, then they are the problem and such people should be shamed and deserve any ridicule they get. 

Ironically about a multi coloured shirt this is a very clear black and white issue. 

29 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Eh? This is just nonsense.

This isn't political and if this upsets someone then they are an idiot. If someone is upset by something like this then then they are someone who causes hate and discrimination in the first place. 

In stuff like this there is literally the right side and the wrong side, there is no argument, no discussions etc. that is just people trying to defend people being awful.  This is isn't fiscal responsibility or how high taxes should be, it is literally 'hey let's not be a c*nt to people who are different just because they are different'. 

That is it, no normal human being would take any issue or offence at this, if they do, then they are the problem and such people should be shamed and deserve any ridicule they get. 

Ironically about a multi coloured shirt this is a very clear black and white issue. 

I think you've simply misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't commenting on rainbow shirts, I was lamenting the fact that the poster I was replying to primarily wanted campaigns such as this in order to annoy people they disagreed with. I was pointing out that it is that attitude that leads to more division and does nothing to reduce levels of bigotry and discrimination. 

21 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think you've simply misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't commenting on rainbow shirts, I was lamenting the fact that the poster I was replying to primarily wanted campaigns such as this in order to annoy people they disagreed with. I was pointing out that it is that attitude that leads to more division and does nothing to reduce levels of bigotry and discrimination. 

That’s just complete bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Jesus wept, you really do make a mug of yourself every single frigging day.

Yeah brilliant. From the sad cunt who spends half his life trying to prove how hard he is my taking the piss out of woke stuff and slagging off an anti-racism campaign.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Yeah brilliant. From the sad cunt who spends half his life trying to prove how hard he is my taking the piss out of woke stuff and slagging off an anti-racism campaign.

I'm entirely supportive of taking the piss out of woke stuff. It should be encouraged. It's ripe for taking the piss out of 

Edited by hypochondriac

On 12/08/2021 at 14:51, badgerx16 said:

This is a rainbow shirt

spacer.png

This is an illustration of an epileptic fit

spacer.png

I understand the message, but every time I look at that I need to take a couple of paracetemol.

Nah, this is a Rainbow shirt. 

Screenshot_2021-08-13-18-11-56-44.jpg

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You really haven't understood the point hypo was making have you 🤣

Of course I did you bell-end. Just because people take the piss out of you gammons, doesn’t mean that’s ‘the primary reason we want these campaigns’, it’s just an added bonus.

• Confused 1

Just now, aintforever said:

Of course I did you bell-end. Just because people take the piss out of you gammons, doesn’t mean that’s ‘the primary reason we want these campaigns’, it’s just an added bonus.

in the last two posts you've called me a cunt, a bellend and a gammon. Such a shame you have to resort to this sort of abuse. But we all know why. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You really haven't understood the point hypo was making have you 🤣

The best thing is that during this entire thread I haven't said I had a problem with rainbow shirts or that I was angry or upset by them. It's interesting to see some of the abusive or insulting responses from people who read that regardless. Yes I'll take the piss out of empty woke gestures from corporations because they deserve to be mocked.