Saints Rainbow Shirt

miserableoldgit

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Only during the warm up, thank god. Nothing against being inclusive but I'm sick of being punched in the face with virtue signalling when I'm trying to just forget about how shit life is for an hour and a half at the weekend.

How selfish. Just think of all those LGBT+ people across the country who would love to go to a match but cant because they are too scared. There must be literally 3 or 4 of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If that is true... do you think that makes it acceptable? 

Fear is an emotion that can be controlled by the individual. 

This is a great book on it by someone who knows. I suggest anyone too scared to go to a football match read this

See the source image

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It'll mean nothing to the majority but a lot to some.

The players will only be wearing them during the warmup, when most of you will still be in the pub anyway.

I don't think it's tiring to demonstrate representation and inclusivity. I think it's tiring to keep hearing how it's supposedly being rammed down our throats.

If it's not for you, fine. But it's a bit much to act like it's some kind of oppression.

• Like 25

Just now, ant said:

It'll mean nothing to the majority but a lot to some.

The players will only be wearing them during the warmup, when most of you will still be in the pub anyway.

I don't think it's tiring to demonstrate representation and inclusivity. I think it's tiring to keep hearing how it's supposedly being rammed down our throats.

If it's not for you, fine. But it's a bit much to act like it's some kind of oppression.

What's the point of it then when no one will be in the ground to see it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Dorchester Saint said:

Yay! More virtue signalling…..I wonder if they’ll be allowed to wear it until after they’ve subserviently taken the knee for maximum woke impact and extra woke-credits 🤔

That's the warm up ticked off with the rainbow shirt for the LGBTs

Before the match for racism

Maybe something for the disabled at half time and vegans at full time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Wheelchair racing for half time entertainment? One lap around the pitch, first to knock the ball in the net wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like it, i like the design and the message. Now i'm sure there are some virtue signalling miserable tough chaps on here who play along to the stereotype of the pantomime villain by dismissing things like this and that's ok, it's not for you, so stop wasting all that brain power on it. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As a matter of curiosity, how do you react when you see racial and sexual injustices or violence in this world? 

Do you shrug your shoulders and just ignore that it exists?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

you forgot about the gay prawn sandwich lovers! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

As a matter of curiosity, how do you react when you see racial and sexual injustices or violence in this world? 

I react how any normal person would react. 

8 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I think that what these situations really needs are rainbow shirts on all the saints players during a warm up. Without rainbow shirts on sfc players during the warmup then we will never eliminate the scourge of racial and sexual injustice. 

16 minutes ago, swannymere said:

I like it, i like the design and the message. Now i'm sure there are some virtue signalling miserable tough chaps on here who play along to the stereotype of the pantomime villain by dismissing things like this and that's ok, it's not for you, so stop wasting all that brain power on it. 

Not sure you know what virtue signalling is pal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Does anyone think there's something going on between Hypo and Turkish? They always turn up together to support each other whenever there's a hint of support for equality. What do people think: bears, leather men or gym buddies?

This may come as a shock to you Sue, but on a forum of several hundred posters there might be more than one that has a different view to you.

surprised you can tell anyway seeing as how we are both meant to be on ignore, as you’ve remind us on numerous occasions 

Can't see any reason why this would be a negative. It raises the conversation of inclusivity of LGBTQ+ in football, which the statistics on aren't the most comfortable reading (an increase of 95% in the last year) and replaces the usual warm up shirt which I don't think I could describe anyway.

Hopefully the auction raises some funds for the Saints foundation too

Overall I'm pretty impressed with Hummel since they've come back

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Just a shame we never had this for the fans to buy when we had Alan Lallanarama, would have made a lovely terrace visual along with his chant and the accompanying flailing arm wave.

Sounds like an 1980's tribute band (or, alice band perhaps in this case).

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

We may be shit on the pitch but we are champions league level at virtue signalling. 

And I'm sure none of the players wearing it will go to Qatar for the world Cup,  no way would they let down their LGBT+ allies would they? 

15 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Does anyone think there's something going on between Hypo and Turkish? They always turn up together to support each other whenever there's a hint of support for equality. What do people think: bears, leather men or gym buddies?

No.

Great message, ugly shirt. I think it's good to show support for LGBT people in an arena where they don't traditionally feel welcome.

Also virtue signally is an incredibly stupid term and it's a real shame it's gathered so much traction. If something is a good message and it's getting out there who cares about the motives.

Also to all the "I just want to watch football" crowd. It is a shirt being worn during the warm up, just ignore it, it is an unbelievably petty thing to complain about distracting from the football.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 16

8 minutes ago, JRM said:

And I'm sure none of the players wearing it will go to Qatar for the world Cup,  no way would they let down their LGBT+ allies would they? 

Not going or going but making a strong stance whilst there for LGBT rights? Doing things like wearing rainbow training tops before kick off when the stadium is empty. 

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Great message, ugly shirt. I think it's good to show support for LGBT people in an arena where they don't traditionally feel welcome.

Also virtue signally is an incredibly stupid term and it's a real shame it's gathered so much traction. If something is a good message and it's getting out there who cares about the motives.

Not saying it’s not a good message. I just think the cause receives a disproportionate amount of attention relative to the actual problem. There are many other causes or issues that would benefit from this level exposure but they aren’t on trend at the moment.

Just now, Mikey88 said:

Not saying it’s not a good message. I just think the cause receives a disproportionate amount of attention relative to the actual problem. There are many other causes or issues that would benefit from this level exposure but they aren’t on trend at the moment.

It's a cultural issue and therefore cultural actions like symbolic support are more valuable. You aren't going to cure cancer or end poverty with a shirt but you might make a gay kid feel a little more welcome supporting the sport they love, so its an action that might actually make a difference in that regard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikey88 said:

Is it any special day for LGBTs or something? I know one day a year the club has flow a trannie flag over SMS before. Have they just randomly chosen this game to bang the drum (to an empty stadium)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This is hilarious. I have literally no idea why anyone would have a problem with it. 
None.

They don't like LGBT people to feel welcome, due to bigotry, and have a bunch of stupid buzzwords and whataboutism to justify it.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Can't see any reason why this would be a negative.

No normal intelligent human being with an ability to feel empathy would see this as a negative. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This is hilarious. I have literally no idea why anyone would have a problem with it. 
None.

The one group of people it does not include are those who do not like such a visual assault of colour on their eye balls. I do not have a problem with the message but the clashing colour do bother me. There are several white stripes on there presumably to ensure it covers the white hetero cis men.