Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

2 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Is this the end of Fulham realising Reed is too good for the championship but not good enough for the Premier League?

Why would they do that? Build a good squad, 5 subs and all that 

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Agree with this. Would say, although not the same, similar’ish to Armstrong who at Celtic was a bit of an advanced #8 but who we converted to a “Wide #10”.

Yes you’re right. I think this is a goer Rangers have known he wanted a move , didn’t want him to go but at the same time were prepared to let him go to help their finances. Ross Wilson might help it along too.

33 minutes ago, manji said:

Yes you’re right. I think this is a goer Rangers have known he wanted a move , didn’t want him to go but at the same time were prepared to let him go to help their finances. Ross Wilson might help it along too.

Yeah, certainly wouldn’t hurt 

1 year left on contract with rumoured £10m release fee.  Could see Rangers needing that rather than losing him for zero.

17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This is brilliant. cc: Danny Ings 

The Ings situation was slightly different. 

Don’t know why people get sensitive about goodbye messages. 

13 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This is brilliant. cc: Danny Ings 

Its not the same thing is Ings at saints. Ings was released by saints as a boy... But he came back an had a fantastic season for us before leaving for more money and a club with significantly more ambition and means at the time. He didn't owe us anything really, and we got a lot of money for him. I don't get the bitterness towards ings tbh. Our business model is going to be selling our best players for a profit... 😅. As for kalvin, he loves Leeds but he has still left for a large cheque and to sit on the bench hasn't he 🤣 🤷‍♂️. Actually in that way at least he's done the same as ings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Is this the end of Fulham realising Reed is too good for the championship but not good enough for the Premier League?

I don't really get how someone can be that. Surely that just means that the top of the Championship is his level?

7 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Its not the same thing is Ings at saints. Ings was released by saints as a boy... But he came back an had a fantastic season for us before leaving for more money and a club with significantly more ambition and means at the time. He didn't owe us anything really, and we got a lot of money for him. I don't get the bitterness towards ings tbh. Our business model is going to be selling our best players for a profit... 😅. As for kalvin, he loves Leeds but he has still left for a large cheque and to sit on the bench hasn't he 🤣 🤷‍♂️. Actually in that way at least he's done the same as ings. 

Because people can't accept that players don't have the same attachment to clubs as they do. Ings wasn't shown any loyalty when he was a boy, why should he show us any? I don't really like Villa but I never really wished him any personal ill will. He had a job, got offered a better, higher paid job and took it. Like most of us. The career of a footballer is a very short one and yes he's made enough money to live off for the rest of his life but if he can get enough to set his kids up and then set his grandchildren all up to live comfortably for all their lives, why not do that?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The difference being that their signings need to be as good as Phillips and Raphinha, whereas ours only need to be a bit better than Forster, Bednarek and Diallo.

I still really want to like Diallo.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I still really want to like Diallo.

Wonder how much game time he gets now Lavia is coming in? He has shown glimpses but has also had some awful games for us. Sangare was the one unfortunately.

I wonder if we’ll change formation at all, maybe a holding mid allowing JWP and another CM to advance further forward.

Or an attacking mid that is yet to arrive.

I still think we’re due five or six players this summer. 

Sports Republic weren’t pissing about when they wanted an overhaul!

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

That should put Brentford back in the relegation mix…..

Weird move for him. Felt sure he'd head back to Spurs. Excellent player though, and more than able to fill in for Pogba, more consistently (and in a different way)

1 minute ago, DT said:

Weird move for him. Felt sure he'd head back to Spurs. Excellent player though, and more than able to fill in for Pogba, more consistently (and in a different way)

He's Ajax through and through.

He can see how he would fit in at Man U and knows the system and is a baller, why go back to the ticking time.bomb of spurs when man u has already exploded and the only way is up.

41 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

The difference being that their signings need to be as good as Phillips and Raphinha, whereas ours only need to be a bit better than Forster, Bednarek and Diallo.

Forster was our best keeper the past 2 seasons, Bednarek for all his faults does have 130 Prem Games and 42 international caps under his belt and got 4 goals last season and while you'd hope Lavia would be taking the place of a Smallbone or Diallo, the fact that Romeu hasn't been signed up to a new contract yet does concern me...These are all good signings to supplement the current team but if they are straight up replacements for some of our more experienced players and being thrown in at the deep end straight away then i'd be concerned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

He's Ajax through and through.

He can see how he would fit in at Man U and knows the system and is a baller, why go back to the ticking time.bomb of spurs when man u has already exploded and the only way is up.

Yeah, good point. Can see that. Guess they'll shift out Ronaldo too as he wants to go and wouldn't fit (and I think was cause of a lot of their problems as well as provider of goals)

Think Spurs will do well until Conte decides to up and leave

• Like 1

Just now, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

Forster was our best keeper the past 2 seasons, Bednarek for all his faults does have 130 Prem Games and 42 international caps under his belt and got 4 goals last season and while you'd hope Lavia would be taking the place of a Smallbone or Diallo, the fact that Romeu hasn't been signed up to a new contract yet does concern me...These are all good signings to supplement the current team but if they are straight up replacements for some of our more experienced players and being thrown in at the deep end straight away then i'd be concerned.

Yeah, really hope we keep Oriel

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DT said:

Yeah, really hope we keep Oriel

It's a tough one.  Such a legend for us.  That said, you could see last season that his energy, pace and timing was not what it was.  We've had more than our fair share of players retained for sentimental reasons over the years and it rarely worked well. Let's see one last season at the top.

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

No idea what anyone is worried about.

No-one with the name "Tyler Dibling" is going to make it as a top professional footballer. Sounds like the class dweeb in a 1980s teen drama.

Ridiculous. It's like having a modern footballer called Lionel.

Your are a prick and a bully, picking on a kid for his name, how childish, you seem like a bitter, out of touch,  old bastard. 

Be proud of your name Tyler, and good luck to you, by all accounts you are a great talent in football.  May your life be full of blessings.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Your are a prick and a bully, picking on a kid for his name, how childish, you seem like a bitter, out of touch,  old bastard. 

Be proud of your name Tyler, and good luck to you, by all accounts you are a great talent in football.  May your life be full of blessings.

Woosh

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

TBH, all I can think of is Duane Dibley from Red Dwarf when I read his name...

Edited by Joey-deacons-left-nut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Why is Ralph still around then 🙂

Because we decided to give him a squad he can work with  he might like it so much, he might not retire and stay with us for another 5 years! wouldn't you be soooo happy with that! Would you get a ❤ Ralf tattoo on your derriere!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Because people can't accept that players don't have the same attachment to clubs as they do. Ings wasn't shown any loyalty when he was a boy, why should he show us any? I don't really like Villa but I never really wished him any personal ill will. He had a job, got offered a better, higher paid job and took it. Like most of us. The career of a footballer is a very short one and yes he's made enough money to live off for the rest of his life but if he can get enough to set his kids up and then set his grandchildren all up to live comfortably for all their lives, why not do that?

I was told by people who knew ings at school he had a strong dislike towards the club for a good few years after rejection, so yes you are correct. Also apparently he was a bit of a dick anyways. 

12 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Because we decided to give him a squad he can work with  he might like it so much, he might not retire and stay with us for another 5 years! wouldn't you be soooo happy with that! Would you get a ❤ Ralf tattoo on your derriere!

I hope this is sarcastic 

27 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

CB Fry and Laurie - you have been outed as a "namist". How does that feel?

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

Wonder how much game time he gets now Lavia is coming in? He has shown glimpses but has also had some awful games for us. Sangare was the one unfortunately.

I thought Diallo looked better playing further forward anyway rather than sat as one of the two.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, le_tiss said:

slightly gutted 

Unless JWP is off, we don’t need him. 

More than happy with our business so far, hoping we’ve got a bit of budget left for some real game changers up the top of the field. 

28 minutes ago, Ldnsaint said:

We need to cover loan exits in the B team (Olaigbe, Chauke etc) so he would slot in there I guess.

Re Downes...as soon as we got Lavia I think interest in other CMs died.

Edited by Dusic