Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Any news on strikers or creative players we are crying out for both.....

I'm all for the youth coming in but without a good outlet of goals we might aswell prepare for the Championship..... 

Edited by ally_uk
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Any news on strikers or creative players we are crying out for both.....

I'm all for the youth coming in but without a good outlet of goals we might aswell prepare for the Championship..... 

We've still got a month to go until our first game, and eight weeks until the window shuts, keep the faith

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I asked on the rangers forum and they said he's loved by kids and grown ups. 

That covers most of their supporters then.

Don't kniow much about him. I watched 2 or 3 of Rangers European games on tv, apart from Tavernier, Aribo was the only name that I remember from their team.. Not sure if that's a reflection on his ability or that fact that every time the commentator said his name I immediately repeated it in a Mexican accent

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

... every time the commentator said his name I immediately repeated it in a Mexican accent

Before he joined Rangers he was a carpet fitters mate, you would always hear his boss shouting “Aribo! Aribo! Underlay! Underlay!”

Edited by alehouseboys
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, alehouseboys said:

Before he joined Rangers he was a carpet fitters mate, you would always hear his boss shouting “Aribo! Aribo! Underlay! Underlay!”

That's his song sorted then. Even the Northam can't cock that up by singing it too fast ..........can they?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

We've still got a month to go until our first game, and eight weeks until the window shuts, keep the faith

With the way our press is organised, it's the strikers that trigger pressing. If we're buying a new striker for the starting XI, we need to get them in sooner rather than later to learn our pressing system. Otherwise it will be some combo of Adams/Armstrong/Redmond/Tella.

15 minutes ago, igsey said:

With the way our press is organised, it's the strikers that trigger pressing. If we're buying a new striker for the starting XI, we need to get them in sooner rather than later to learn our pressing system. Otherwise it will be some combo of Adams/Armstrong/Redmond/Tella.

It is unfortunate that the window shuts after the start of the season, but I do think we have to be realistic that some targets simply can't be secured until later in the window.

And it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be relegated if we aren't quite up to full strength for the first few games, especially as other teams will be in the same boat.

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

Thing is in the attacking sense we dont exactly need people to be pulling up trees to get an improvement on what we have. 

Last year we had from our Strikers/No.10s -

Adams 23 starts, 10 goal involvements

Redmond 20 starts, 6 goal involvements

Armstrong 17 starts, 4 goal involvements 

Elyounoussi 23 starts, 6 goal involvements 

Broja 21 starts, 6 goals 

If you leave Stu Armstrong to the side who had a very stop start season with injuries (just 15 starts, 2 goals).  To make improvements we don't need a huge amount, if we could get a number 10 that got say 5 goals and 5 assists, that is already as many Adams, add in a Striker that got 10 goal involvements as well, replace some of the others and we are probably 10 goals better off or more right there. Which is easily could be the difference between 15th and 10th. 

So even if Aribo is a bit niche in his style, if he can unlock some goals for us where we didn't have them previously then its probably worth it at that sort of fee. 

I mean I suppose that is the moneyball sort of approach its about finding under utilised talent that will add to your team positively and get you more goals/help you concede less goals. 

Just wondering if there could be a slight chance in us getting broja,  if we are still interested I could see us going for a similarly structured buy back as to what we are doing with the bazunu Lavia deals, this could be more appealing to Chelsea then just selling to Newcastle or West Ham with no buy back ?

to be honest I do think we might have moved on and delap looks the no brainer replacement but it would be great :)

2 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Chelsea don't really need to sell and they have just lost their main striker, so I can't see them selling at our sort of fee level. 

Interesting to see how the new owners handle the academy players there.

On one hand you'd think it's an obvious way to go as they produce so many good players.

On the other hand, it's a good way to offset big financial splurges on players (like Ronaldo) as one imagines they won't be running up losses like Abramovich did.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

The article does not mention a fee. So what quoted price do you mean?

www.google.com

Search ‘Broja fee’ and you’ll find some of the fees being mentioned.

Might find that website useful for some of the other questions you post on here too.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Chelsea don't really need to sell and they have just lost their main striker, so I can't see them selling at our sort of fee level. 

Reports of them going after Ronaldo and Neymar though. New owner may be more interested in spaffing money on Galacticos than bringing through youngsters  

1 minute ago, ChrisPY said:

www.google.com

Search ‘Broja fee’ and you’ll find some of the fees being mentioned.

Might find that website useful for some of the other questions you post on here too.

We don't yet know if £25m to £30m range players are out of reach for Sport Republic.

We don't yet know if £25m to £30m range players are out of reach for Sport Republic.

No but it’s fairly unlikely we are going to smash our transfer record when we seem to shop in the 5-15 million range.

Yes we have moved early without selling but have still only signed 2 players as of now.

This crossed my mind too, what with the unexpected £30+ million already on players without any sales. Maybe our owners have a bit of cash they're willing to spend. OK maybe we can't break our £20 million budget, but with Broja we already know there's most likely one of Europe's top strikers one day that will fetch the big bucks when it comes to sell. (A no brainer.) At the very least we should be trying to sign him, even if we have to stagger the payment options. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Congratulations on finding the fee quoted that you stated wasn’t quoted.

Not sure what Sports Republic and their willingness to pay that fee has when the post you originally quoted reads as an opinion on Broja’s value and not whether SR would be able to pay it.

Edited by ChrisPY

I think if we were to spend that kind of money on a player, it would be someone like Broja, young, proven in this league and already been on loan.  Should have a large sell on value in 3/4 years.  I heard the club will spend that kind of money if its the right player, but it will be v rare.

I’ve never seen Aribo play so can’t really comment either way. As a whole I wouldn’t feel particularly hyped if we signed him but happy to be pleasantly surprised.

As for the Broja rumours, on this occasion I’m not arsed either way. If he can replicate his ten game form of last season where he scored six goals then great. But I thought everyone wanted to move on from the low scoring strikers etc.

I can't see Broja back here, it's just media speculation putting 2+2 together.

I think if we really wanted this deal to happen it would have been done by now. Other clubs with a bigger reach than us are free to jump ahead of us.

I know I keep saying him, but Sesko is the ideal alternative!!

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

If we get Broja I imagine it will be on loan again, but unlikely. We only need a striker that will get us 10 goal involvements for him to have been a good signing and I imagine there are more affordable options out there. 

you mean....goals, right?

Just now, Le Timmier said:

Anyone got any more biscuit puns while we're waiting for an announcement? 

I was trying to force "boring" out of bourbon but couldn't quite make it work 

Nice

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Le Timmier said:

Anyone got any more biscuit puns while we're waiting for an announcement? 

I was trying to force "boring" out of bourbon but couldn't quite make it work 

I don't give a fig about puns, I just want some news on a signing. 

53 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I think if we were to spend that kind of money on a player, it would be someone like Broja, young, proven in this league and already been on loan.  Should have a large sell on value in 3/4 years.  I heard the club will spend that kind of money if its the right player, but it will be v rare.

I agree, if anyone is worth us spending big, then he might be it. However, I don't think Broja would want to come back here. I'd of thought he'd be looking at the likes of West Ham or Everton has his next step.

I cant actually see us spending £30m on one player this summer. I don't think SR will be investing (loaning/gifting) those kind of sums, and I think overall we `relatively' hard up. The money spent so far is the cash in the bank left over from the loan. If we spend another £30m on top of that, then IMO it will have to be offset with a player sale, maybe Salisu...

we shall see though. Maybe we spend £60m this summer and then sell Salisu for £40m next summer, although not sure who will pay that unless he (and we) has an amazing season

Edited by Chez

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

I agree, if anyone is worth us spending big, then he might be it. However, I don't think Broja would want to come back here. I'd of thought he'd be looking at the likes of West Ham or Everton has his next step.

I cant actually see us spending £30m on one player this summer. I don't think SR will be investing (loaning/gifting) those kind of sums, and I think overall we `relatively' hard up. The money spent so far is the cash in the bank left over from the loan. If we spend another £30m on top of that, then IMO it will have to be offset with a player sale, maybe Salisu...

we shall see though. Maybe we spend £60m this summer and then sell Salisu for £40m next summer, although not sure who will pay that unless he (and we) has an amazing season

I agree with West Ham but let’s not put Everton in a better bracket than us as things stand. Agreed they’re historically a “bigger club” but they’re currently in the shit financially and just about scraped survival last year - they haven’t been a top team for years now

1 hour ago, modern matron said:

No fee is quoted so surely it is a possibility albeit unlikely perhaps. 

What bit of “If Broja does depart, 90min understands that Chelsea may command a fee in excess of £30m, ” do you not understand (or couldn’t be bothered to read to the end)?

I personally don't want broja back, I would much rather we went and got ings tbh (if we get a cut price deal), we know what we're getting a great technical player who can finish and fits the system with the potential of 15-20 goals a season. He could be the experience among the young players we buy. also the king of the scummers chant really needs an airing as opposed to that god awful broja one. 

• Haha 1