Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I think "14m" is a headline figure, he may end up costing that much but if he does he'd be a regular standout in our team.

I reckon this seasons outlay is more in the 5-10m mark with the rest in add-ons. 

Sky always report fees including add ons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'd love him back but not at the fees being quoted

The Tweet says... 'all interested in a potential loan deal'

Plus if it was a transfer for £25m to £30m, that isn't really out of place in the current transfer market.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

"He started the season like a house on fire" 

Wot?

Running round in his boxers, unsure what to do, and shouting 'Fuck, where's my wallet. Has anyone seen the cat?!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It makes a lot of sense. All of these players are investments so should pay for themselves in the long run. But we need to spend up front to get the conveyor belt going

That is the plan of course but not guaranteed. I hope these players are given relatively low wages considering their standing too, should hopefully make them hungrier to earn the 100k+ in the future with the big boys.

I'm excited for next season only because of the upside, to me it is a high risk high reward game we are playing but that is the game the club want to pay without going into the way Villa, Leicester, WHU, Newcastle etc do their business so I am all for it.

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

That is the plan of course but not guaranteed. I hope these players are given relatively low wages considering their standing too, should hopefully make them hungrier to earn the 100k+ in the future with the big boys.

I'm excited for next season only because of the upside, to me it is a high risk high reward game we are playing but that is the game the club want to pay without going into the way Villa, Leicester, WHU, Newcastle etc do their business so I am all for it.

Let’s just hope they all don’t want to leave at the same time and we carry on this strategy for a few years so when they do go we’ve got their replacements already here 

Dibbling doesn't "play" for us, full stop.

He is no real loss at this time either way. It's not like he's the only player we have in the academy.

Broja is only worth a loan again, although based on his form at the end of last season I'd rather we took a punt on Liam Delap if we're going for loan signings.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Dibbling doesn't "play" for us, full stop.

He is no real loss at this time either way. It's not like he's the only player we have in the academy.

If he is a potential superstar, how is him leaving not a loss? Not currently being a key part of the first team doesn't mean him leaving isn't a loss. 

• Like 1

Having already lost a promising young keeper to Chelsea and a defender to Man City in the last few months losing another young potential star would be a real kick in the nuts for a club which markets itself as one that provides a pathway to premier league football for young players 

• Like 3

I think it’s sad that we discover a potential good player and he rewards us by fucking off on the first offer.

Pack your bags Dibbling and enjoy spending you’re money and becoming a nobody when Newcastle dump you after a couple of years.

• Sad 1

Just now, Turkish said:

Having already lost a promising young keeper to Chelsea 

I doubt the club are too bothered by that. Chelsea may have signed Beach merely for boosting under 21 squad numbers and Saints have a slightly older keeper in Bazunu who is a lot more developed.

3 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I think it’s sad that we discover a potential good player and he rewards us by fucking off on the first offer.

Pack your bags Dibbling and enjoy spending you’re money and becoming a nobody when Newcastle dump you after a couple of years.

Has he though?

4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I doubt the club are too bothered by that. Chelsea may have signed Beach merely for boosting under 21 squad numbers and Saints have a slightly older keeper in Bazunu who is a lot more developed.

What evidence do you have they are not bothered?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What evidence do you have they are not bothered?

I didn't say I did have evidence. The club signed a 20 year old keeper for £15m to be 1st choice for our first team. If they thought the slightly younger Beach was a better prospect then why would they spend out so much on Bazunu? Beach will be playing under 21 football, or a sub/squad filler for under 21 football next season. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

The club signed a 20 year old keeper for £15m to be 1st choice for our first team. If they thought the slightly younger Beach was a better prospect then why would they spend out so much on Bazunu?

Because the strategy is to give players a platform to showcase themselves in the premier league then sell them for a few years for a large profit,  not for Bazunu to be our keeper for the next 15 years. In 2 years if Bazunu plays well and we can sell for a large profit Beach would still only be the age Bazunu is now, possibly ready to be his replacement 

• Like 2

I honestly only care about the first team. A child that was prolific for the U18’s may not cut it at professional level - Ryan Seager for example springs to mind.

I think we should only care about the first team for now, Premier League survival is what matters, and this season is going to be very interesting for us playing our team of teenagers from the bigger clubs U23’s.

Someone like Dibling won’t be making the fold for a few years, by which time he’ll be forgotten about and the next one will be coming through.

Lets not forget that some on here two years ago were calling for Dan Nludulu to get some Prem starts 🙄🤣

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Having already lost a promising young keeper to Chelsea and a defender to Man City in the last few months losing another young potential star would be a real kick in the nuts for a club which markets itself as one that provides a pathway to premier league football for young players 

Musiala was here for a year too, good job he didn't amount to anything, really.

Player trading at youth level, especially with Chelsea and Man City hoovering up all the talent is a lot more common than when we were bringing through the likes of Bridge, Walcott, Bale, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw and JWP, who had been in the setup for years, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Musiala was here for a year too, good job he didn't amount to anything, really.

Player trading at youth level, especially with Chelsea and Man City hoovering up all the talent is a lot more common than when we were bringing through the likes of Bridge, Walcott, Bale, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw and JWP, who had been in the setup for years, unfortunately.

It's fortunate we are able to hoover them back up after a few years then!

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Let’s just hope they all don’t want to leave at the same time and we carry on this strategy for a few years so when they do go we’ve got their replacements already here 

Their replacements probably haven’t been born yet.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Was that your attitude when we signed the young CB from Forest Green Rovers I think recently

Just two young players wanting to better themselves

Surely there is nothhing wrong with that

8 hours ago, Pilchards said:

if we think he is that good, we would pay him the going rate!

No idea what anyone is worried about.

No-one with the name "Tyler Dibling" is going to make it as a top professional footballer. Sounds like the class dweeb in a 1980s teen drama.

Ridiculous. It's like having a modern footballer called Lionel.

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, John B said:

Was that your attitude when we signed the young CB from Forest Green Rovers I think recently

Just two young players wanting to better themselves

Surely there is nothhing wrong with that

Thierry small as well! 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 10:24, northam soul said:

You know what I mean ffs.

Us spending 4 million back then was a bigger deal than us spending 19/20 million in 2022.

I am pretty sure if I invested 4 million back then it would be worth more than 20 million now. 

If you can get a 400% return on investments in under 20 years, you're in the wrong line of work!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

Came here hopeful of some transfer news, but the next best thing is biscuit puns. I'd go a long wafer a decent biscuit pun.

Jesus to Arsenal, Phillips to Man City and Lavia to us is a good trio of signings today