Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

6 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

Brentford about to sign Keane Lewis-Potter from Hull. £16m rising to £20m. 

Good signing by Brentford, he's a talented young player.

That's pretty much the going rate for young Champ players to be honest, we paid £15m for Armstrong so these fee's come as no real surprise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Where has the CHO rumour come from? Must have missed that one.

Tweet on the previous page says we are interested in Lavia, Collwill and Hudson-Odoi. (Plus the City recruiter is joining us)

Secret Scout is a decent source from my experience, certainly with the 'youth' side of things.

28 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Where has the CHO rumour come from? Must have missed that one.

One random guy on Twitter. Not credible.

There’s also another muppet who thinks we should be shelling out £120K a week on players, that Cho Ali striker from France. 🤦🏻‍♂️
The same muppet that slagged of the club, his team, for us not doing enough to sign Gareth Bale. 🤣

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I wonder if he'll smile now? He always seems the most depressed footballer on the planet.

I have it on very good authority that he's actually a really sound bloke with a wry sense of humour.

Apparently his on-pitch persona is very much an act and he's not like that at all in training.

Still can't stand him as a player though.

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I have it on very good authority that he's actually a really sound bloke with a wry sense of humour.

Apparently his on-pitch persona is very much an act and he's not like that at all in training.

Still can't stand him as a player though.

He could be a big loss for them. From what I saw of Everton in the last few weeks of the season he seemed to be trying to keep them up almost single handed.

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

I have heard (not sure if it's true) that Everton have rushed through this sale because they had an FFP deadline looming. 

This is my understanding (MLG or someone is free to correct me as i'd genuinley be interested in how it all works) - 😞😬

Regardless of how much their owners are worth, there is a rolling 3year (I think but not sure) cycle. Everton needed to make a sale to meet the spending rules. If they now go out and spend all that money, they'll be in a similar boat next summer. They need to raise extra revenues to increase spending and meet the financial limits. I.e. They basically need to balance their spend over a rolling 3 year period or run foul of the rules. 

As it is they've sold their best player, and regardless of the rumoured takeover, they can't really strengthen much medium term as it stands.

Edited by Saint86

20 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

He could be a big loss for them. From what I saw of Everton in the last few weeks of the season he seemed to be trying to keep them up almost single handed.

I'd expect a few more losses of decent players as well, and considering their financial mess not a huge amount of incomings. Plus I don;t particularly rate Lampard as a manager, average at best, so they could easily be back in the relegation mire again.  It's almost like they have gone back to mid to late 90s Everton.

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Secret Scout twitter account who does often know what’s happening at Chelsea 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Tweet on the previous page says we are interested in Lavia, Collwill and Hudson-Odoi. (Plus the City recruiter is joining us)

Secret Scout is a decent source from my experience, certainly with the 'youth' side of things.

42 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

There’s also another muppet who thinks we should be shelling out £120K a week on players, that Cho Ali striker from France. 🤦🏻‍♂️
The same muppet that slagged of the club, his team, for us not doing enough to sign Gareth Bale. 🤣

Thanks guys

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Exactly the sort of player we should be targeting. Quality player. 

Yes, very good player and would probably fit in very well.  Problem with loans for the more experienced players is how much the loan would cost. I don't know what Chelsea would be asking but if the loan fee plus wages hits, say, 10M then at what point do you start wondering whether it's cost effective.  As I say, I really have no idea how much loans cost so may be way off the mark.  The loans for kids I would imagine is likely to be far less so not so much of an issue there.  Don't doubt CHO would be quality though.

15 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

21 yr old RB, full international 

Not sure too much about him

the dude i worked for and went to feyenoord games with is a massive fan and said this about the dude.

"Yes! I saw it. I think he’s a great talent. Feyenoord will be open. Dutch player took his place last year. So he was mostly on the bench from Feb. But really like him. You can prob get him for like 5-7m euro."

54 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

There’s also another muppet who thinks we should be shelling out £120K a week on players, that Cho Ali striker from France🤦🏻‍♂️

This bloke must be a muppet cos even i know Mr Sneeze has already joined Real Sociedad for 12mil

13 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Odd. I get that Tinos injured but when he returns we could have him, KWP and Pedersen all vying for the RB position. Hardly a selling point for a Norweigan international to leave a club like Feyenoord and come here when not guaranteed game time. Unless we're contemplating playing Tino in a more advanced role....or selling KWP 😱

From what I understand this guy is uber attacking so who knows - maybe he is more forward

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Good signing by Brentford, he's a talented young player.

That's pretty much the going rate for young Champ players to be honest, we paid £15m for Armstrong so these fee's come as no real surprise.

Both only had a year left on their contracts so you can pay more really

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Random guy with 48k followers 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

30 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

I'm not saying he isn't legit but can't you buy followers on these things?

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Hudson-Odoi is a strange one, like you said Bayern were after him (and Dortmund) and if he'd made that move he'd be on a similar trajectory as Bellingham and Sancho imo. But Chelsea priced him out of that move, then continued to leave him out of their own 11 - so he's really stagnated as a footballer, the kid has so much potential.

He's got a big decision to make this summer, even if it's just a short-term decision. I don't think we'd ever sign him full time, but a year of regular football in the top flight would be good for him, us and Chelsea.

Ruptured his Achilles. Hasn't been the same since. Lost acceleration.

He'd still be better than all of our terrible wingers, but doesn't look like he's going to be a world beater anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm not saying he isn't legit but can't you buy followers on these things?

He has several reputable followers; including Simon Peach, Simon Johnson (Chelsea's The Athletic reporter) and Adam Newson (Cheif Chelsea reporter for football London)

Edited by Saint Scott

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

This is my understanding (MLG or someone is free to correct me as i'd genuinley be interested in how it all works) - 😞😬

Regardless of how much their owners are worth, there is a rolling 3year (I think but not sure) cycle. Everton needed to make a sale to meet the spending rules. If they now go out and spend all that money, they'll be in a similar boat next summer. They need to raise extra revenues to increase spending and meet the financial limits. I.e. They basically need to balance their spend over a rolling 3 year period or run foul of the rules. 

As it is they've sold their best player, and regardless of the rumoured takeover, they can't really strengthen much medium term as it stands.

So… as far as I understand yes its a 3 year rolling equation and you are not allowed to make losses totalling more than 105m

Lots of other things go into it such as money spent on infrastructure etc that effectively offsets it… as does COVID losses which is a bit of a sticky one and causes some creative accounting 

Because of COVID it is now a 4 year rolling equation and Everton where effectively on the precipice of sanctions unless a sale was made (FYI it wasn’t just the ‘fee’ it was more the ‘profit’ needed) hence why Digne and now Richarlison were sold recently 

I think they’re still in the shit overall, but now not staring down the barrell… whether they spend or not this year is to be seen

32 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Imagine if McCarthy, or Forster had conceded these two goals at Premier League level...

Poor yes and as a side note, our fans blame McCarthy for literally every single goal the club have ever conceded even those before he was born.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

So… as far as I understand yes its a 3 year rolling equation and you are not allowed to make losses totalling more than 105m

Lots of other things go into it such as money spent on infrastructure etc that effectively offsets it… as does COVID losses which is a bit of a sticky one and causes some creative accounting 

Because of COVID it is now a 4 year rolling equation and Everton where effectively on the precipice of sanctions unless a sale was made (FYI it wasn’t just the ‘fee’ it was more the ‘profit’ needed) hence why Digne and now Richarlison were sold recently 

I think they’re still in the shit overall, but now not staring down the barrell… whether they spend or not this year is to be seen

Ah i didn't realise that infrastructure spend offset it. I always thought that infrastructure spend was excluded - Either way, it means a rich owner could fund improvements to training and stadium works etc, but not pump money in for player wages, agents fees, transfer fees etc.

If Everton do not spend they are in trouble. They've lost basically their best players without replacing them. And Lampard is far from convincing as a manger.

Edited by Saint86

5 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

the dude i worked for and went to feyenoord games with is a massive fan and said this about the dude.

"Yes! I saw it. I think he’s a great talent. Feyenoord will be open. Dutch player took his place last year. So he was mostly on the bench from Feb. But really like him. You can prob get him for like 5-7m euro."

Who's the Dutch player that took his place? Can we sign him instead? 

That price sounds in our ball park. Wasn't a £10m bid already mentioned?