Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

21 yr old RB, full international 

Not sure too much about him

The website 1908 is a reliable one. They clearly know certain people within the Feyenoord organization. Good player according to the Feyenoord fans, only left out because he has Geertruida ahead of him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Odd. I get that Tinos injured but when he returns we could have him, KWP and Pedersen all vying for the RB position. Hardly a selling point for a Norweigan international to leave a club like Feyenoord and come here when not guaranteed game time. Unless we're contemplating playing Tino in a more advanced role....or selling KWP 😱

Kwp prefers left back these days 

I think we need another full back, weirdly after strengthening it last season we find ourselves a bit short. Valery will prob leave, I think we'll struggle to see Tino much next season and Perraud is struggling with his injury. That leaves KWP, Vokins and Small.

I thought we'd have looked for a loan cover though, but maybe this is part of the bigger picture and potentially preparing to cash in on KWP or Tino in a year or so. Who knows.

9 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Odd. I get that Tinos injured but when he returns we could have him, KWP and Pedersen all vying for the RB position. Hardly a selling point for a Norweigan international to leave a club like Feyenoord and come here when not guaranteed game time. Unless we're contemplating playing Tino in a more advanced role....or selling KWP 😱

With Perraud struggling I suspect KWP will be permanent left back. 

Would personally rather see him on the right and us invest in a left back (loaning out Small), but is what it is I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Would personally rather see him on the right and us invest in a left back (loaning out Small), but is what it is I guess.

I can see Saints loaning Small to Ross County.

38 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

How long is Tino out for? Fullback is a key position. Overloading is no bad thing.

26 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I can see Saints loaning Small to Ross County.

I got massive Kayne Ramsay vibes in the cup game. He wants games, a loan would give him that. I'd like to see left back strengthened. Not convinced by Perraud and KWP should be playing right back. 

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

21 yr old RB, full international 

Not sure too much about him

One year (out of a three year contract) at Molde, then sold to Feyenoord  and a year into a five year contract. 30 games for them. Looks quite exciting. Pacey, attacking fullback that gets stuck in. Lots of composure when in attacking positions. Lots to like about his youtube videos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warwicksaint said:

Done his ACL in April/May so i expect we won’t see him back until January at the earliest, maybe as late as March 

With fullback such an important position in Ralphs formation, we simply can't afford to go into the season with just Perraud and KWP. Vokins, Ramsey, Small and Valery just don't cut it. However, £10m bid turned down...we only have so much money to play with.

Good to see we haven't sent all our scouts to Chelsea/City youth team games.

19 minutes ago, Chez said:

One year (out of a three year contract) at Molde, then sold to Feyenoord  and a year into a five year contract. 30 games for them. Looks quite exciting. Pacey, attacking fullback that gets stuck in. Lots of composure when in attacking positions. Lots to like about his youtube videos.

Crossing impressed me the most. Seems to make good decisions albeit YouTube only shows the things that came off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chez said:

With fullback such an important position in Ralphs formation, we simply can't afford to go into the season with just Perraud and KWP. Vokins, Ramsey, Small and Valery just don't cut it. However, £10m bid turned down...we only have so much money to play with.

Good to see we haven't sent all our scouts to Chelsea/City youth team games.

Makes me wonder whether there’s more money coming in from the owners than we think. We’ve spent a good whack improving CB/GK/CDM (assuming Lavia is a done deal) already, surely we spend at least another 30-40 million improving the attack??

we’ll no doubt sell bednarek and possibly 1 or 2 of redmond/djenepo/Walcott so frees up some funds 

17 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Would love to see us get Hudson Odoi but can’t see that happening. Bayern were after him for ages but didn’t happen in the end

Hudson-Odoi is a strange one, like you said Bayern were after him (and Dortmund) and if he'd made that move he'd be on a similar trajectory as Bellingham and Sancho imo. But Chelsea priced him out of that move, then continued to leave him out of their own 11 - so he's really stagnated as a footballer, the kid has so much potential.

He's got a big decision to make this summer, even if it's just a short-term decision. I don't think we'd ever sign him full time, but a year of regular football in the top flight would be good for him, us and Chelsea.

Edited by S-Clarke

17 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Makes me wonder whether there’s more money coming in from the owners than we think. We’ve spent a good whack improving CB/GK/CDM (assuming Lavia is a done deal) already, surely we spend at least another 30-40 million improving the attack??

we’ll no doubt sell bednarek and possibly 1 or 2 of redmond/djenepo/Walcott so frees up some funds 

We've needed this sort of investment for the last 4/5 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

KWP is also a very good left back too - and is our only cover for Perraud unless we consider Small a viable option. KWP is also currently our only right back with Tino out for ages so he can't cover left back if Perraud gets injured or suspended. With Valery seemingly on his way, this makes sense.

6 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

Having old heads and experience is overated. 
you need that if there are in the prime of their careers but having walcotts and Long being here to do what exactly? They just go down as they age and are no longer able to contribute.

I love that Walcott and Long are the prime examples of an experienced player when it's suggested we shouldn't only be signing players who haven't played any top flight games at all.

4 hours ago, Streaky said:

Kwp prefers left back these days 

I'm not sure he does, and I don't prefer him there either. We look so unbalanced with him at left back, even though he does play well.

4 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Perraud hasn't struggled, he had a very good first season in a new country adapting to a much tougher, faster league, and we looked much better in general when he played.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Can’t understand why people don’t rate Small.

They we’re wetting themselves with excitement when we signed him.  Millions for a 17 year old, what could possibly go wrong?

Think his poor display against Coventry hasn't helped his cause. Think he needs first team minutes out on loan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warwicksaint said:

Done his ACL in April/May so i expect we won’t see him back until January at the earliest, maybe as late as March 

Could be a bit earlier, he is already doing his rehab exercises. Depends on complications etc. but so far looks like the surgery was successful and he was already doing some reverse lunges.  ACLs can be recovered in 6 months these days if the surgery is good.

Hopefully he'll be back just before xmas and can build up his full fitness whilst the world cup is on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Perraud hasn't struggled, he had a very good first season in a new country adapting to a much tougher, faster league, and we looked much better in general when he played.

Was going to say the same - thought he did well personally.

• Like 9

When KWP plays left back he does it well, but it leaves us without a left foot as all our no 10s are right footed too.

we end up with no option to go outside or overlap so lose a cutting edge and we create little enough as it is.

Its not a slight on KWPs skill, attitude or endeavour, but he shouldn’t be our left back.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Was going to say the same - thought he did well personally.

He is pretty `average' (and I don't mean he is the 10 or 11th best left in the league). He lacks pace and on the ball he is pretty limited. That doesn't mean he can't do a job, he is busy and gives his all (why we dropped him when the side was flowing I will never know) but there is so much room for improvement in that position. I have no issue with him being in our squad, but we ought to have two left backs and two right backs not 3 players covering both positions.

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

Could be a bit earlier, he is already doing his rehab exercises. Depends on complications etc. but so far looks like the surgery was successful and he was already doing some reverse lunges.  ACLs can be recovered in 6 months these days if the surgery is good.

Hopefully he'll be back just before xmas and can build up his full fitness whilst the world cup is on. 

Fingers crossed. I can’t imagine the club would be in any rush to bring him back though. He’s still so young with a lot of potential, they’ll take extra precautions with him 

40 minutes ago, Chez said:

He is pretty `average' (and I don't mean he is the 10 or 11th best left in the league). He lacks pace and on the ball he is pretty limited. That doesn't mean he can't do a job, he is busy and gives his all (why we dropped him when the side was flowing I will never know) but there is so much room for improvement in that position. I have no issue with him being in our squad, but we ought to have two left backs and two right backs not 3 players covering both positions.

I don’t think you’ve ever taken to him Chez. Not got a problem with that - everyone has there own opinion. Personally think he did well in his first season and think there is more there. Guess we’ll find out over the next few months.

19 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

A signing will be confirmed tomorrow evening or Saturday morning 😉

Probably Lavia

Something's happened, dunno if just a delay or another team have tapped them up. 99% sure we won't be signing anyone today unless it's very late in the evening.

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I don’t think you’ve ever taken to him Chez. Not got a problem with that - everyone has there own opinion. Personally think he did well in his first season and think there is more there. Guess we’ll find out over the next few months.

The new signings may be raw and won't be the finished article, but we have a few players like Perraud and Salisu who should continue their development and be better than last season

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

The new signings may be raw and won't be the finished article, but we have a few players like Perraud and Salisu who should continue their development and be better than last season

Yes, I'm hoping that Perraud is one of those that shows up with a good second season.  He's been steady but definitely room for improvement.  Takes a while for some players, new club, new league, new system etc etc.  Other thing to bear in mind is that the left side in front of him hasn't been our strongest so it might be that we get someone in that is better than what we've currently got and makes that left flank a bit more stable and more dangerous going forward. 

• Like 2

If there is any substance to KWP wanting to play on the left it'll only be because that is his only way to make the world cup this winter.

It's so exciting for once to be linked with all these players too now, I wonder if we are using the media more aggressively or it's agents ramping it up or a bit of both.

It makes it better though when it ends up being someone completely out the blue like ABK

16 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I have heard (not sure if it's true) that Everton have rushed through this sale because they had an FFP deadline looming. 

Yep they needed to get it done before 1st July to stay within the profit/loss rules the prem has. Apparently they weren’t too happy with 60 mil and wanted more but had no choice to avoid points deductions/fines

7 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

They have a team full of goals is what they have - Kane, Son, Richarlison, kulusevski. I'm nervous about that first game tbh

Whatever happens, it won’t get near Spurs away last year, some of the best celebrations I’ve been involved in in a long time 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Yep they needed to get it done before 1st July to stay within the profit/loss rules the prem has. Apparently they weren’t too happy with 60 mil and wanted more but had no choice to avoid points deductions/fines

I think it was more along the lines that they'd have been really limited in what they could have spent this summer had they not have sold Richarlison before the deadline.

They have a bit more flex in the market now as this sale boosts last years FFP. It does make a mockery of FFP though, it really is a load of nonsense.