Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

The new striker note is interesting. Feels like something is imminent there too.

So we've been linked with....

Amadou (but i'd say he's more of a wide forward, possibly)

Kalajidzic (i think that's how you spell it)

Broja (loosely)

Delap (loan probably).

My guess would be Delap on a season-long loan with an option to buy now that the U19's are over.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The new striker note is interesting. Feels like something is imminent there too.

Broja (loosely)

Delap (loan probably).

My guess would be Delap on a season-long loan with an option to buy now that the U19's are over.

If were ever were going to move for him it's now, considering Shields is onboard.

I always thought we'd get 2 in, but maybe a change of formation changes that?

Some good Broja stuff here, which details some of the inner-workings of Chelsea.

Also, of note is a little part of it saying Ake's (re)arrival at Chelsea will likely force out Levi Colwill (lists Saints, Leicester, Brighton & Palace as interested parties).

Surely for us to get Colwill we would need to ship out two of Bednarek, Stephens and Lyanco?

Nothing strong on any exits so far.

Although we have 5 CBs (plus Simeu and Valery) it would be very anoying to miss out on him.

Just now, ally_uk said:

Broja would be immense :)

I wonder if we already sorted out a agreement with Chelsea when he was on loan? With a buyback 

There weren't any options as part of the loan to the best of my knowledge, but I believe there was some sort of openness to talking about a deal between Martin and Marina who has obviously since gone, so nothing stands there anymore.

He's anyone's who wants him. (ultimately who pays the most £££)

13 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Surely for us to get Colwill we would need to ship out two of Bednarek, Stephens and Lyanco?

Nothing strong on any exits so far.

Although we have 5 CBs (plus Simeu and Valery) it would be very anoying to miss out on him.

Yep. I cant see us adding another CB unless someone leaves. We have a lot of bodies already, so even is Bednarek leaves, we still may not have room for another.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Now Ralph will have no excuse. Rather exposing for him...

Its only "exposing" if you're expecting him to fail? I'd argue illuminating, or perhaps say that its now an opportunity for him to prove his worth. I guess it depends on each persons outlook and how they feel he's done so far - i.e. glass half full/empty.

And in all fairness, i don't think we can definitely say he'll have "no excuse" yet either. Judgements on his performance will always depend on the circumstances at the time. I.e. if we end up selling our better experienced players (like say JWP, KWP, Salisu, Romeu) to pay for the young kiddies we're signing, then all of a sudden the squad won't look as good and people won't be as positive as they are currently 🤷‍♂️. Similarly, if we go into the season and get ravished by injuries to senior players its hard to blame the manager...

In some ways, maybe the tough start will benefit the team - gives them a chance to blend (with so many new faces) without the pressure of "must win games" against league rivals. But yes, if we struggle, then he should face a similar level of scrutiny to other managers in that sort of situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, warwicksaint said:

I don’t think Romeu is going to be dropped from the off. Got a feeling we may do 4-2-3-1 with:

bazunu

KWP-Salisu-Kotchop-Perraud

Romeu-lavia

armstrong-JWP-aribo

Che

Then we'll still have problems in the wide attacking areas as Aribo isn't a winger and is as slow as Elyounoussi, and Armstrong has never really been more than serviceable out there (and absolutely appalling across the last ten or so games of last season).

Not convinced.

8 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Then we'll still have problems in the wide attacking areas as Aribo isn't a winger and is as slow as Elyounoussi, and Armstrong has never really been more than serviceable out there (and absolutely appalling across the last ten or so games of last season).

Not convinced.

They don’t have to be played as out and out wingers, bring them in more narrow similar to the position our 10’s play at the moment. By the sounds of it we’re after another striker/attacking mid so doubt this will be our starting lineup

Aribo would work well centrally in a 4-2-3-1 by all accounts. Although we don't really have the pace to play proper wingers in that setup as it stands. We'd be relying on redmond, tella, and theo.

Edited by Saint86

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Broja (loosely)

Delap (loan probably).

Maybe Dennis at Watford? 

So if the third medical relates to a striker, that’s incoming business done unless;

- sell Redmond, Walcott, Djenepo = new 10

- sell Bednarek / Stephens = new CB (Colwill)

- sell Valery = full back cover 

Seems fair enough to me.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Personally I think Redmond would be Ok as a squad player. Lots of experience, is able to make an impact off the bench and has a goal in him, all while not having to rely on him consistently - which is exactly his problem.

I don't see him making an impact coming of the bench, he needs to move on his sake and ours.

11 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Redmond got the 2nd most assists for us last season, whilst not playing a lot at the end of it.  He's frustrating, but unless we get some creative players in we should keep him IMO 

From 5th December onwards he had 1 goal (big deflection) and 1 assist in 968 minutes of football, hasn’t been contributing for months now. Time to ship him on

33 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

So if the third medical relates to a striker, that’s incoming business done unless;

- sell Redmond, Walcott, Djenepo = new 10

- sell Bednarek / Stephens = new CB (Colwill)

- sell Valery = full back cover 

Seems fair enough to me.

would be ridiculous to rely on Valery as backup until after the WC. Need a backup FB to come in 

• Like 1

Can't remember the stats but Redmond seems to offer more than Armstrong, who is always likely to give the ball away in our half and not tackle. 

Would hope we could upgrade on all of them, and both OK for squad.  I feel Redmond get more criticism than he deserves, a d Armstrong flatters to deceive and, imho is over rated here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Some good Broja stuff here, which details some of the inner-workings of Chelsea.

Also, of note is a little part of it saying Ake's (re)arrival at Chelsea will likely force out Levi Colwill (lists Saints, Leicester, Brighton & Palace as interested parties).

Broja is pissed off he’s been left off Chelsea’s summer tour and says he definitely wants a move.

29 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

image.png.dbd6c92d6be8962fa948df8591130b3b.png

Another player in our `price bracket' so will be interesting to follow over the next few years and compare with Lavia. Whether we could actually compete with West Ham for his signature, I'm not so sure.

Edited by Chez

43 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Our announcement, probably several after that.

The ape won’t leave the circus unless he’s dragged kicking and screaming, or lured by loose women. 🤣

Surely not even he would do Gloria Huniford?

R.81ab8b5ed4d56cd33e730a87e998f630?rik=gSFcUBKE4SlGwQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Haha 3