Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

59 minutes ago, Nolan said:

KWP: Versatile. on the fringes of England. Experienced in the league. 3 years left on his contact.

Can see his value being worth around £30mil to us.

With Everton's reported financial 'issues' cant see it being any more than an enquiry.

I know (as Wenger said) we all think our own wives are the most beautiful, but is he not in the `big bucks' category at this point. How much did Wan Bassaka or Chillwell go for?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wouldn’t we technically need a left back too?

Maatsen at Chelsea springs to mind.

we should jump and sign Omar Richards before Forest complete the deal.

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That'll be two strikers incoming then. At least. I can't see us going into the season with just Adams and, say, Delap. IMO we need 4 strikers if we play 2 up front... unless we are keeping Walcott as 4th choice as was suggested the other day, or promoting someone like Ballard to be the 4th.

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

That'll be two strikers incoming then. At least. I can't see us going into the season with just Adams and, say, Delap. IMO we need 4 strikers if we play 2 up front... unless we are keeping Walcott as 4th choice as was suggested the other day, or promoting someone like Ballard to be the 4th.

The way i see it, it ll be Delap and Broja we will be targeting

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Can't see it myself. If we got a £10m offer from a championship side, we might consider it, as we did Che to Leeds, but a loan leads where? If he does well, then what. If he doesn't, then what?  Sure we save some wages, but what do you do with them?

We will either give him a second season or sell IMO.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Turkish said:

We will sell if the price is right, that's the model we have now. It did seem odd that we were linked with so many right backs when we have two very good ones already.

Aren't we linked with right backs because of Tino's injury? That was my impression

Everton can't afford KWP anyway. In the same vein as Villa bidding for JWP last summer, I'd be surprised if we sold him. Hopefully just agent talk and we'll respond by giving him an improved (and deserved) new contract

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Aren't we linked with right backs because of Tino's injury? That was my impression

Everton can't afford KWP anyway. In the same vein as Villa bidding for JWP last summer, I'd be surprised if we sold him. Hopefully just agent talk and we'll respond by giving him an improved (and deserved) new contract

Perhaps, but i'd have thought it would be a loan rather than permenant moves and fairly expensive moves for more YHGTI right backs. 

3 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I put KWP in the Bertrand and Romeu category, where they've had their fingers burnt being at a top club where game time is limited and you're replaced at the drop of a hat. If he stays with us he's guaranteed game time for pretty much his whole career, we aren't going to do better than a RB of his quality.

• Like 3

From GrandOldTeam:

"Basically, we have misspent our money on ageing players - too many managers - the introduction of a DOF position - BK stated we needed a billionaire we got one or two behind the scenes, the main unofficial money man is asset frozen due to the relations with Putin =

We are skint plus walking a tightrope on the fair play rules - the deadwood is not moving much - we have sold one-star player to try to balance the books - you are correct Lampard has a tough season ahead - sad, but true .....

I am afraid its bargain basement signings - plus the odd free signing ..... & a fight to keep our star players ....."

In some ways similar to the struggles saints have had in recent years - difference being we're now coming out of it whilst their troubles are just beginning.
Edited by Saint86

4 minutes ago, samhammond said:

Have to think the KWP stuff is rubbish. Suggestions that he could go for £10-15m are laughable, we signed him for that and his stock has only risen since.

Haha £10 to £15 million? That's more like a loan fee for one season. Cough up £40 million+ or piss off. Everton really are in the poop. Their squad is crap and they've got hardly any money to spend. Sounds to me like they're just trying to unsettle rivals. Besides they have Coleman and Patterson... right back is the least of their worries right now.

• Like 1

Yeah, this one isn't happening. Everton don't have the money to make big signings on proven players, as someone aluded to above they are in a similar position to where we were with Gao, having to sell before they buy, but even still the selling doesn't directly equate to them being able to reinvest every penny of that.

They're in a little bit of a mess.

Edited by S-Clarke

24 minutes ago, Saint86 said:
From GrandOldTeam:

"Basically, we have misspent our money on ageing players - too many managers - the introduction of a DOF position - BK stated we needed a billionaire we got one or two behind the scenes, the main unofficial money man is asset frozen due to the relations with Putin =

We are skint plus walking a tightrope on the fair play rules - the deadwood is not moving much - we have sold one-star player to try to balance the books - you are correct Lampard has a tough season ahead - sad, but true .....

I am afraid its bargain basement signings - plus the odd free signing ..... & a fight to keep our star players ....."

In some ways similar to the struggles saints have had in recent years - difference being we're now coming out of it whilst their troubles are just beginning.

Sounds like it's going to be another tough season for them, no money and their best players going, sounds rather familiar!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sounds like it's going to be another tough season for them, no money and their best players going, sounds rather familiar!

They're in a similar position now to what we'd have been in (pre-signings) had we sold JWP. They've lost their best player and main goal threat. I can definitely see them struggling next season, especially if they're pinning their hopes on Winks signing.

40 minutes ago, Saint86 said:
From GrandOldTeam:

they don't sell Anthony Gordon (assuming the rumours of his move to Newcastle are true) - who looked tremendous last season - to balance the books further and then spend £40m on KWP.

12 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

They're in a similar position now to what we'd have been in (pre-signings) had we sold JWP. They've lost their best player and main goal threat. I can definitely see them struggling next season, especially if they're pinning their hopes on Winks signing.

Getting a full season out of Calvert-Lewin will help this time round. They can live without Richarlson IMO if they sign another flair player up top. However, if they sell Gordon, then you wonder how big a hole they must be in.

3 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Nixon saying he'd be available for between £10-£15M....

Now we know for certain this story is nonsense

I thought Nixon was generally on the money about Saints...or is that no longer the case? That valuation of KWP is laughable. We'd want three times that. I'd want four.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

We need 2 ideally. Still think it'll be one perm and one youngster on loan from somewhere like City or Chelsea.

Any new striker must be quick and able to run their socks off after lost causes.  Ralf tactics of closing down the keeper with our central striker take alot out of them@ Danny was the best at it, but you could see how much energy it take to keep doing it and wether it is worth it. Broga tried  and wasn't good at it. I would rather Ralf adjust his press to not have so many waisted energy runs at the keeper. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

It's not the first time I've seen his name dropped in here, but I don't understand it myself. Any amount would be too much imo.

He's on a free and would be expecting to take a huge pay cut. He won the league with Leicester there must be some sort of decent player in there, I wouldn't be too upset if we gave him a go.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

We need 2 ideally. Still think it'll be one perm and one youngster on loan from somewhere like City or Chelsea.

Agreed. Imo we need a Broja type player, ie big plus mobile. Armstrong isn't the answer sadly. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Just dawned on me this would mean no Delap loan from City 👀 

Edited by Suhari
Deleted due to me totally misreading the original post. Must be sunstroke. #ginger