Saints 1-0 Arsenal - Match Thread

John Boy Saint

1 minute ago, trousers said:

No high press from us today? 

Trying to hit them on the counter attack with Broja’s pace it seems. 

Sensible, he’s already looked to have the beating of them once or twice. 

Edited by Dman

About Fraser Forster “Southampton lost 6-0 last week, but without him it could have been double figures”… do these bloody useless commentators not know teams rarely exceed thier XG 😡

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dman said:

About Fraser Forster “Southampton lost 6-0 last week, but without him it could have been double figures”… do these bloody useless commentators not know teams rarely exceed thier XG 😡

About xG, who calculates it? Is it done by a computer after the game. I thought it'd be a reasonably useful stat if interpreted properly but I don't understand that an identical chance for Long and Kane will have the same xG. That part doesn't make sense at all.

Oh my fucking god. I've found a good stream on my kodi box, but the commentators will not shut the fuck up about last week.

They have reeled off about 15 stats about how we lose, concede, sell, capitulate, sack, fold, die......shut up and talk about the game!

Not a bad start, but FF been forced into a couple big saves. Need to make this tougher for them. 

2 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Oh my fucking god. I've found a good stream on my kodi box, but the commentators will not shut the fuck up about last week.

They have reeled off about 15 stats about how we lose, concede, sell, capitulate, sack, fold, die......shut up and talk about the game!

Not a bad start, but FF been forced into a couple big saves. Need to make this tougher for them. 

So a pundit who knows what he's talking about. 

On 14/04/2022 at 13:46, Whitey Grandad said:

Just because the seat has been sold doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be sitting in it for all sorts of reasons.

I Think "thousands" is stretching it a bit far.

Maybe not thousands but once again for a sell out this season there are visibly hundreds of empty seats. Must be corporate freebies that the club set aside but people either don’t want or don’t turn up.

Frustrating that there’s no shortage of fans that can’t afford to make it to games that would jump at the chance of those seats.

Anyway back to the game this Arsenal side look a bit incohesive - if we can sort our shit out we could win this

Edited by bpsaint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Arsenal - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic