Liam Delap

Matthew Le God

29 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Kelvin was awful that day in one of the worst saints displays I’ve ever seen he stood out for all the wrong reasons. The goals were incredibly soft and when the fans gave him stick he gave us the bird. I never rated him as a keeper and still haven’t forgiven him for that attitude moment.

Back on topic I would love to see Delap here but record transfer fee’s for youth prospects is a gamble to far for me. If we are talking mega bucks it should be a loan with an option otherwise we could easily be stuck with a crazy expensive asset on high wages we can’t shift for 5 years.

Haven't forgiven him? Bloody hell...it was an off day, 15 years ago. He was a pretty key player in getting us back to the Premier League after that game. Let it go.

• Like 4

I reckon this is going on in the Delap house hold right now…..

It’s now time to make a change

just relax take it easy

youre still young that’s your fault

there’s so much you have go to through

join the saints, settle down

You’ll play for hassenhuttl

look at me I am old but I’m happy

i was once like you are now

and I know that’s it’s not easy

to leave  City when you’ve found saints want you

but take your time think a lot

think of everything you’ve got for you will still be here tomorrow

but your dream may not. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No suggestion he wants to come, City have rejected our offers. Time to move on methinks. 

In Mara quite possibly we already have. They seem similar in profile and RH mentioned that we moved quickly as the opportunity came up, presumably after it became clear Delap is unobtainable.

21 minutes ago, Dusic said:

In Mara quite possibly we already have. They seem similar in profile and RH mentioned that we moved quickly as the opportunity came up, presumably after it became clear Delap is unobtainable.

Our higher bid was reported after we had announced the agreement in principle for Mara. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Different type of strikers plus Super Ralph has said we will bring in another striker. 

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

I reckon this is going on in the Delap house hold right now…..

It’s now time to make a change

just relax take it easy

youre still young that’s your fault

there’s so much you have go to through

join the saints, settle down

You’ll play for hassenhuttl

look at me I am old but I’m happy

i was once like you are now

and I know that’s it’s not easy

to leave  City when you’ve found saints want you

but take your time think a lot

think of everything you’ve got for you will still be here tomorrow

but your dream may not. 

Is that Cat Stevens in old money? 🤣

6 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Our higher bid was reported after we had announced the agreement in principle for Mara. 

Reported, not by anyone overly reliable. The tweet at the start of this thread says "preparing a bid" - hardly comcrete.

Hard to obviously know the exact timings of these things but interesting that we accelerated on Mara at the same time it came out that City have no intention of selling Delap permanently. 

Both are tall central strikers, good technically and in the air. 

Sure we will get another striker but not sure our intention is or ever has been to get Mara and Delap.

We will see of course, although if they really don't want to sell then not much we can do.

3 hours ago, CanadaSaint said:

Is that Cat Stevens in old money? 🤣

Yea I thought the Boyzone version might resonate more with Liam when he reads this thread, but then realised he wasn’t born when that version came out either 

We won’t be getting Armando Broja. Move on, he was a decent loan player that out in a shift when he fancied it for maybe a quarter of the season but aside from that didn’t contribute much aside from flail his arms in the air. 😅

Liam Delap I think something could still be pulled out the bag. As said above, I’d we went in with an improved offer that indicates that there is some form of temptation for the player/club (City) to explore this further.
Otherwise it would’ve been straight rejection and that’s it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waylander said:

It has been extensively reported that we are looking for another striker. It may not be either of those two, but we will get someone.

Not necessarily true? The quotes say we are looking at getting in another "attacker"? To me that could mean a striker, a No.10, or perhaps a winger (if we somehow magically change to a conventional 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3).

Edited by Saint86

6 hours ago, waylander said:

It has been extensively reported that we are looking for another striker. It may not be either of those two, but we will get someone.

I hope we do as looking at last seasons games and this pre-season we certainly need one. Is there another Ricki Lambert lurking in the lower leagues somewhere.What a signing he was.

4 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We won’t be getting Armando Broja. Move on, he was a decent loan player that out in a shift when he fancied it for maybe a quarter of the season but aside from that didn’t contribute much aside from flail his arms in the air. 😅

Liam Delap I think something could still be pulled out the bag. As said above, I’d we went in with an improved offer that indicates that there is some form of temptation for the player/club (City) to explore this further.
Otherwise it would’ve been straight rejection and that’s it.

You've just described Redmonds career.

5 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We won’t be getting Armando Broja. Move on, he was a decent loan player that put in a shift when he fancied it for maybe a quarter of the season but aside from that didn’t contribute much aside from flail his arms in the air. 😅

poppycock.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Man I am getting bored of the Delap and Broja bingo game we are in.

I'm inclined to move onto someone else as they are not the only 2 young strikers in the world.

And time to have them used to playing in our systems are getting shorter, is theo still an option?😜

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

What was all the fuss about honestly............................be interesting to know whether or not Broja can claim a starting place also.

I d still take both tbh, delap s shit start should lower City s asking price too.

hope we go back next summer and get rid of AA

12 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

I d still take both tbh, delap s shit start should lower City s asking price too.

hope we go back next summer and get rid of AA

I was under the impression you had faith in our full of potential squad, but you want to bin off Adam Armstrong?  I don’t think he’s going to score too many this season, but then Che Adams is hardly looking prolific so should he go too? Is Delap actually likely to do any any better under Ralph and his tactics?

Said at the time that Delap wouldn't be the starting striker we needed.

Ridiculous that we spent most of the summer seemingly putting all our eggs into pursuing a striker without a single league goal to his name, before abandoning that plan and then going all in on a winger who never even wanted to join us.

• Confused 1