James Garner - transfer saga

Matthew Le God

• Matthew Le God changed the title to James Garner - transfer saga

What information has come to light that warrants this level of forum hype? From what I can see he's just as likely to go to Leeds or Everton.

And when I say just as likely, I mean we rarely win a transfer race as soon as any other club becomes seriously involved.

I don't see rumours "snowballing" I just see us listed with other clubs, one of which he will sign for instead of us.

Edited by CB Fry

5 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

This could be the worst thread ever created on here.

Saga - a long story of heroic achievement, especially a medieval prose narrative in Old Norse or Old Icelandic

Epic fail from MLG here.

Youre Wrong Not Me GIF by RainToMe

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Saga - a long story of heroic achievement, especially a medieval prose narrative in Old Norse or Old Icelandic

It was a thread title in jest and rhyme, invoking fond memories of the 'Pompey takeover saga' thread.

Sad Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Like 1

When you have to explain your 'joke' not just once, but twice, it kind of suggests you've lost the room.

Shouldn't this have just gone into the normal transfer thread? These threads should be reserved for when players are close to signing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

When you have to explain your 'joke' not just once, but twice, it kind of suggests you've lost the room.

Shouldn't this have just gone into the normal transfer thread? These threads should be reserved for when players are close to signing.

MLG regularly explains his jokes, in fact one of his greatest talents is explaining how funny they are.

25 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No backtracking. I don't recall the uproar at the use of the word saga in that thread. 

Well no, there wouldn't have been uproar because it made sense in the context of the Pompey thread. This makes no sense because our links to garner are speculative at best and it's certainly not gone into the levels of Rudi Skacel! (that was a saga!)

Edited by S-Clarke

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

MLG regularly explains his jokes, in fact one of his greatest talents is explaining how funny they are.

Well that’s my day buggered - because I still don’t get it, and I have 4 hours in the car today to mull it over and likely get home tonight still none the wiser. 
Still I guess it will pass the time when the novelty of seeing windscreen wipers sloshing back and forth wears off. 

Edited by John Boy Saint
Friggin Applemakeyoulookatitautocorrect
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Boy Saint said:

Well that’s my day buggered - because I still don’t get it, and I have 4 hours in the car today to mull it over and likely get home tonight still none the wiser. 
Still I guess it will pass the time when the novelty of seeing windscreen wipes sloshing back and forth wears off. 

Something about Garner rhyming with 'saga' I think. 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Well no, there wouldn't have been uproar because it made sense in the context of the Pompey thread. This makes no sense because our links to garner are speculative at best and it's certainly not gone into the levels of Rudi Skacel! (that was a saga!)

It was a rhyme and nod to previous transfer 'sagas' such as Skacel. I wasn't being serious ffs

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

abandon thread GIF

I'm not going to respond or even read this thread now until he signs for Saints, another club or stays at Man United into September. 🙄😁

Good. This was a proper "look at me" thread flowing from a mild rumour. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Shouldn't this be part of the transfer window thread?  Surely that's a basic rule on here?

Schoolboy error from MLG.  He's clearly rattled.

he's something alright 😂

For a guy who is so pedantic and quick to correct anyone over the slightest little thing to suddenly start a transfer thread about an individual when there is no sign of him coming here is just plain weird and against everything he normally stands for 🤣  

2 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

No "could be" about it, i feel I have had 1 minute of my life stolen from me.

• Haha 1