Stewarding today (Man Utd H)

Paul Chuckle

Was talking about this last night, and maybe it’s because they’ve made the tickets so expensive that they’ll take any sales just to bring the money in. Match tickets were £50+booking fee on Saturday in the northam/kingsland corner. 

Club have got some serious work to do on this front.

12 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Quite a few Chelsea fans around us in the Kingsland last night. Ok, they were well behaved, and didn’t make any sort of trouble but that’s not the point. The number of away fans seated around where I sit has definitely increased in the past season.

Win win for the club really. If they sit there silently and respectfully it’s a bum on a seat and money in the bank. If they get reported they can be ejected with no refund as they shouldn’t be in there anyway. Finally if it all kicks off they can just blame us fans which they seem so desperate to do lately.

Its an absolute fucking pisstake that the club is so welcoming towards away fans, I’m convinced it’s only a matter of time until we have a “neutral” end like Fulham.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Pamplemousse said:

Looks like it, loads of people on Twitter have posted about it and Hampshire News have an article on it as well 

Part of Toby’s master plan that in the interests of customer enjoyment home fans will be barred from the stadium on match days and all tickets will be sold to away supporters only.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Looks like it, loads of people on Twitter have posted about it and Hampshire News have an article on it as well 

Disgusting. There are Some absolute dickheads running this club. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

So if both sets of fans were throwing things, and Saints fans are being punished, are the club going to ban Everton fans on their next game against us? 

They’ll probably stick all the away fans they let in the home end and / or boxes take over block 1. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

I see that safety bloke we brought in from Millwall still thinks he's at Millwall. 

From what I’ve seen, the bloke has sparked up more harm than good. 

‘the response team’ or whatever the private security twats are called are a bunch of heavy handed tools. Rip of bouncers who do more to escalate the situation than clam things down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

The correct way of the club dealing with this issue would be to cut the away allocation to 3,000 tickets to allow more segregation but no, they continue to offer just over 3,300 tickets. 

Exactly. Segregation like they have in the Northam, next to the barrier in Itchen north would make much more sense from a fan and cost perspective. 

Imagine writing off the cost of a whole block of home fans (who generally pay more) because of a bit of argy bargy. 

Edited by Dman

The soul stripping of the club continues, I hope the current unicorns and rainbows culture isn't reflected in the new choice of manager / coach, but I think it maybe a  grey corporate "yes" person.

Edited by Toussaint

24 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Can't purchase tickets in block 1 & 2 for the Newcastle home game so I'm guessing this is true.

Its season ticket holders only in block 1 and 2 this season. There are loads of seats around me in block 2 for that reason. So everyone from block 1 will shuffle over into the empty seats in block 2. It shouldn't make much difference from loss of sales, to what they have already implemented.

Without trying to sound or look like Kirk and his old man, surely if you’re in block 1 it’s time to hand your season tickets back and demand a refund. 

The club cannot continue to treat home support like this. 

24 minutes ago, saintrich said:

Its season ticket holders only in block 1 and 2 this season. There are loads of seats around me in block 2 for that reason. So everyone from block 1 will shuffle over into the empty seats in block 2. It shouldn't make much difference from loss of sales, to what they have already implemented.

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clarifying.

This is a ridiculous decision. As others have said why cant we cut down the away allocation for more segregation netting? As for the 'surge' when we scored, this happens at every other ground you go to where the vocal home support is next to the away end but they don't tend to be as heavy handed at these other places. If Steele was in charge of Elland Road the whole ground would be closed...

• Like 1

I’ve no idea about this. But from the forum a few months ago. They mentioned it was the police making the decision not the club. 

There was a load of stuff lobbed between the two sets of fans on Saturday, so not a huge surprise. Not sure there is many other clubs going through the same thing though. 

If it’s just a case of moving those from 1 into 2, then I’m not sure it’s a big issue as some are making it out to be tbh. 

The solution to this has been staring the club in the face for years, but they choose to ignore it. Reduce the away allocation FFS and stick two ‘divides’ of segregation where the away end meets Block 1. While we are at it, stick some stewards and plod in the away end! St Marys is the only ground I know where all the stewards stand on the home sections of the divide. 

There’s some utter dins in Block 1 but there’s also some utter dins running this football club. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’ve no idea about this. But from the forum a few months ago. They mentioned it was the police making the decision not the club. 

Why is it that Hants Constabulary have so much power to dictate what happens at St Mary’s yet the same Police force don’t appear quite so heavy-handed down the road where they‘ve had worse problems over the years? I can’t remember any closures in any parts of their shithole.

13 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

27 missiles. What a load of bollocks 

I thought this. What that probably means is one person threw a bottle and 27 people reported it. 

I don't even go anymore but I might write to the club as well, this is an absolutely pathetic decision. Any other club in the country would be reducing away allocation and increasing the segregation area. 

I would suggest that those who live in the constituency also write to the local MP asking them to seek clarification as to why the club continues to allow away fans in the home end and then punish the home fans when things kick off. 

Sounds like nonsense to me, feels like they're trying to create a happy-rainbow-unicorn type atmosphere. 

If what happened on Saturday constitutes disturbance then these guys haven't been in football for long. Really worrying.

Season ticket fans once again stitched up, like they were when they decided to install pointless padded seats in the Kingsland. If we're not careful they're going to make this a corporate only event and remove the opportunity for 'every day' folk to actually enjoy a game.

Remember, no shouting, no swearing, no chants. Just clapping please.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 6

It’s a free hit for the away team on and off the pitch. Gutless stewarding; every single time. Must be a great away day. Spineless pricks in charge of this club. Away fans celebrating in the home end, nothing done. Flares in the away end, nothing done. Our fault presumably. We’ve been served up dross for a long time and now we get emails telling us how to behave (which I think the large majority already understand) and now telling paying ‘customers’ to move. Shambles. And god forbid you celebrate a ‘home’ goal. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, miltonroad said:

It’s a free hit for the away team on and off the pitch. Gutless stewarding; every single time. Must be a great away day. Spineless pricks in charge of this club. Away fans celebrating in the home end, nothing done. Flares in the away end, nothing done. Our fault presumably. We’ve been served up dross for a long time and now we get emails telling us how to behave (which I think the large majority already understand) and now telling paying ‘customers’ to move. Shambles. And god forbid you celebrate a ‘home’ goal. 

Completely agree, we've already had the shambles of Kingsland block 31 telling existing season ticket holders pay up a few hundred quid more or move, someone I know spoke to the ticket office who explained was for semi-corporate experience (when they were tying it in with Gasworks access last season), absolute joke as they can't even sell their existing corporate packages always empty space over there. 

The club has completely lost sight of its core fanbase , infact they seem to resent the more traditional fan - we don't spend as much money as a Premier league day-tripper 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, JRM said:

The club has completely lost sight of its core fanbase , infact they seem to resent the more traditional fan - we don't spend as much money as a Premier league day-tripper 

One of the reasons many don’t bother going any more. 
I’m glad we got to experience the league one and championship days.
We’ll never see a St Mary’s like that again. 

Maybe one day the club will remember it’s a football club and stop treating its fans as customers but I think that ship has sailed. 

• Like 10

It would be interesting to know who's behind all this - it's been said the owners SR leave the day-to-day running of the club to other departments and the major investor is Serbian so he's used to far more volatile and fervent fanbase than anything seen in this country so wouldn't think he'd be looking to dumb down the support any more than it already is.

Our CEO has stated how tough it is to go away with SFC, ruining his family weekend and having to put up with luxury travel, comfy directors seats and all the posh food that goes with it (he probably doesn't get paid enough for all that inconvenience), so I'm guessing he ain't too in touch with your 'average Joe' fan. But whatever their intentions they're seriously jeopardising a sizeable chunk of their core support.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Sounds like nonsense to me, feels like they're trying to create a happy-rainbow-unicorn type atmosphere. 

If what happened on Saturday constitutes disturbance then these guys haven't been in football for long. Really worrying.

Season ticket fans once again stitched up, like they were when they decided to install pointless padded seats in the Kingsland. If we're not careful they're going to make this a corporate only event and remove the opportunity for 'every day' folk to actually enjoy a game.

Remember, no shouting, no swearing, no chants. Just clapping please.

I think the corporate side is being excluded too.
There were originally 47 Corporate boxes at St Marys and they were hired out at around £50k per season with the names of the companies paying for the boxes shown on signs and details published in the programme.
There are now around 43 boxes as a couple have been made double sized.
However at the end of the Cortese regime prices for boxes and tables in the Lounges had spiralled and now I think there is a mere handful of Boxes sold on a season long basis and the Lounge numbers have decreased too,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

I think the corporate side is being excluded too.
There were originally 47 Corporate boxes at St Marys and they were hired out at around £50k per season with the names of the companies paying for the boxes shown on signs and details published in the programme.
There are now around 43 boxes as a couple have been made double sized.
However at the end of the Cortese regime prices for boxes and tables in the Lounges had spiralled and now I think there is a mere handful of Boxes sold on a season long basis and the Lounge numbers have decreased too,

Funny you should say that really - I got the following email on Wednesday as if the club weren’t so out of touch. 
How about making it £10 for adults and £1 for kids…

———————-

I hope you’re keeping well.

I just wanted to reach out and see if you’ve thought about joining us in hospitality this season? It would be great to welcome into one of our lounges for a game this campaign.

We face Sheffield Wednesday on the 9th November 2022 here at St Mary’s with a 7:45 KO and we have hospitality for this game starting from £60 per person including VAT.

I have listed the packages and prices for this game below so please do let me know your thoughts.

If you’re looking for a Premier League fixture, we have an offer on in our Aspire Lounge which gives you unlimited food and drinks and is only £200 + VAT per person.

Southampton vs Sheffield Wednesday Hospitality:

The Halo

• Open 3 hours before kick-off, half time and post-match
  • Exclusive pitch-facing lounge
  • Located on the half-way line
  • Premium padded seats for the match, directly outside the lounge on The Halo’s exclusive balcony deck
  • Champagne on arrival
  • 5 course plated choice menu made using the finest local fresh ingredients
  • Inclusive premium drinks selection
  • Fine, hand selected wines
  • Lounge sommelier to pair your wine to your food choices
  • Half-time cheese
  • Post-match menu – with live cooking stations
  • Private Tables
  • First team appearances (Covid restrictions dependent)
  • Complimentary matchday magazine
  • £200 inc vat per person 

Executive Box

• Access 2.5 hours pregame and you can enjoy for over an hour post game
  • Premium padded balcony seats outside the Executive Box
  • Three Course choice menu made from the finest quality fresh ingredients
  • Inclusive Premium Drinks Package
  • Half-time refreshments
  • Full time cheese board
  • Tea and coffee included
  • Dedicated Hostess
  • TV Screen for BT Sport and SKY coverage of the days’ matches

·       Complimentary matchday magazine

·       £1,750 inc vat for 10 guests

1885 Lounge

• Exclusive 40-person pitch facing lounge
  • Luxury padded seating directly outside the lounge with a great view of the action
  • Five course tasting menu with unlimited dishes
  • Champagne and Cocktail arrival made by our in-lounge mixologist
  • Inclusive premium drinks selection and fine wines
  • Half-time savory snacks
  • Full-time cheese trolley
  • Private Tables
  • £175 inc vat per person

Markus Liebherr Lounge 

• Premium corporate padded seating with a great view of the action
  • Three-course plated choice menu made using the finest fresh ingredients
  • Inclusive premium drinks selection
  • Half-time snacks
  • Full-time cheese board
  • Matchday Compere, Ex-player Interviews & special guest speakers
  • TV Screens showing BT Sport and SKY coverage of the days’ games
  • £120 inc vat per person

Saints Bar 

·       One course lunch from our Pub Classics

·       Premium Padded Seating in the Itchen Stand

·       3 inclusive drinks (wine, beer, or soft drink)

·       Additional drinks can be purchased via a cash bar

·       Ad hoc entertainment and guest speakers

·       £60 inc vat per person

Apologies if you’ve already spoken to a member of the team and have something booked in.

6 hours ago, 100%Red&White said:

It would be interesting to know who's behind all this - it's been said the owners SR leave the day-to-day running of the club to other departments and the major investor is Serbian so he's used to far more volatile and fervent fanbase than anything seen in this country so wouldn't think he'd be looking to dumb down the support any more than it already is.

Our CEO has stated how tough it is to go away with SFC, ruining his family weekend and having to put up with luxury travel, comfy directors seats and all the posh food that goes with it (he probably doesn't get paid enough for all that inconvenience), so I'm guessing he ain't too in touch with your 'average Joe' fan. But whatever their intentions they're seriously jeopardising a sizeable chunk of their core support.

The fans that are being alienated are probably the sort who would be as dedicated in the championship next season, but for this

• Like 1

They’ll be sorry once we inevitably get relegated and crowds of 15,000 turn up. You can’t act like this when you’re Southampton Football Club, as we are only a bad run away from relegation. 

Quite who they think we are, christ knows. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

How was the Block 1&2 area on Sunday. It looked to from the highlights that there were still people sat in Block 1 although camera only captured the first dew rows

No. they were cordoned with black mesh either side of the barrier

Arsenal fans all saying how they’ve bought tickets on mass in the home end again, many saying they have tickets near the away fans. Seriously, what has Toby Steele done good for Saints? He’s taken away block one, blamed our own fanbase for any trouble, said there was no problem with away fans in home end when we saw it happen almost every game last season leading to trouble like Newcastle at home when their fans got ran out the ground. What is he doing, playing space raider on his computer all day or something? 

• Like 2