The ongoing Caleta-Carr transfer chronicle - Signs 4 Year Contract

Turkish

• Lighthouse changed the title to The ongoing Caleta-Carr transfer chronicle - Signs 4 Year Contract
2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

What a transfer window we've had.

Complete overhaul of the squad most of the deadwood gone and some really exciting players signed. Whoever have been running the show has done an amazing job. 

If we can keep this side together for a couple of years and add a striker it could be a really exciting time

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Complete overhaul of the squad most of the deadwood gone and some really exciting players signed. Whoever have been running the show has done an amazing job. 

If we can keep this side together for a couple of years and add a striker it could be a really exciting time

Interested to know what our plan is with the manager. He kept hinting he was retiring at the end of this season.

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Interested to know what our plan is with the manager. He kept hinting he was retiring at the end of this season.

Thought it was end of next season when his contract expires? He’s got all the tools now, what appears to be a good back room team and a team of talented young players let’s see what he does with them 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Thought it was end of next season when his contract expires? He’s got all the tools now, what appears to be a good back room team and a team of talented young players let’s see what he does with them 

Oh maybe, I'm not too sure. 

No excuses for him now, he's been properly backed and this is 100% his squad now not just his team.

3 good CBS now and Lyanco as back up. I’m a bit uncomfortable we don’t have a 5th choice or even someone that could drop in there (unless Lavia can) but it definitely seems we’ve improved the CB quality short of a bad injury crisis.

Welcome Duje.

Just now, SNSUN said:

3 good CBS now and Lyanco as back up. I’m a bit uncomfortable we don’t have a 5th choice or even someone that could drop in there (unless Lavia can) but it definitely seems we’ve improved the CB quality short of a bad injury crisis.

Welcome Duje.

Who are our under 23 centrebacks? 

Really excited with this transfer.

In this age of 5 subs, DCC will be vital I reckon should we take the lead in seeing games out.

Hopefully Ralph's record about dropping points from winning position will be gone, even if the opposite has been true so far this campaign. 

Must admit I know very little about this guy but I've seen people rave about him on here every transfer window for about 4 years, and at 25 I finally got that "experienced" player I've been calling for. Interesting though as I cant see either Salisu or ABK dropping out and we don't have enough CBs now to switch back to a back 3. Someone is going to be severely disappointed with their game time. 

Get into Europe next season though and there'll be enough games for everyone.

Yeah can't see him displacing ABK or Sali, not the quickest but pretty strong whereas Lacroix wasn't as strong but quick, reminds me of Hoedt signing, ticked a few boxes of experience/strength and people were quite excited by him, but due to actually being crap and a massive bellend it just didnt work. I guess with DCC and AMN it's sensible transfers and seems to be in line with our new policy of buying a strong big powerful side, real shame we didn't get Gakpo but SR seem to want to do things the right way and hopefully sell 1 or 2 of the new nippers in 2yrs time for decent profit and go again, can't get complacent though and need that goal scoring/creative winger,  a creative Cam as I dont think that's Aribo or JWP and  hopefully a better LB

Edited by danjosaint

SSN were saying yesterday that Liverpool were looking to sign him in the January 2021 transfer window when they had an injury crisis (I don't remember that). Also that several other 'big' EPL clubs had considered him but he was not the finished article and needed to prove himself at a club like Saints in the EPL before committing themselves. Seems a bit strange when he would be a fairly low cost risk at the 'big' clubs, probably SSN spin on the situation.

2 hours ago, M271 said:

SSN were saying yesterday that Liverpool were looking to sign him in the January 2021 transfer window when they had an injury crisis (I don't remember that). Also that several other 'big' EPL clubs had considered him but he was not the finished article and needed to prove himself at a club like Saints in the EPL before committing themselves. Seems a bit strange when he would be a fairly low cost risk at the 'big' clubs, probably SSN spin on the situation.

It was that January window where they had a bit of meltdown and signed Davies from Preston, who then never played a game and was sold to Rangers this summer. They got Kabak as well on loan, who was pretty shit as we saw at Norwich too.

I don't think Marseille were looking to loan out Caleta-Car at that point, but he has been on the radar of top clubs for a few years now. In some ways this has similarities when we signed Lovren on the cheap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It was that January window where they had a bit of meltdown and signed Davies from Preston, who then never played a game and was sold to Rangers this summer. They got Kabak as well on loan, who was pretty shit as we saw at Norwich too.

I don't think Marseille were looking to loan out Caleta-Car at that point, but he has been on the radar of top clubs for a few years now. In some ways this has similarities when we signed Lovren on the cheap.

I think also, he was on pretty large wages for that league, as he signed for decent money when he joined them, which is probably why he's been linked with loads of clubs for quite a while, if Marseille have been trying to get rid of him, hence the low fee.

2 hours ago, Black Sea Saint said:

A couple of Marseille supporters I know (I live in the city) reckon he's good 80% of the time, but prone to making huge errors leading to goals. They're glad to see him moved on. Sounds like Bednarek Mk 2

Well the players he is replacing were shit  80% of the time and good 20% so that’s some upgrade 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Black Sea Saint said:

A couple of Marseille supporters I know (I live in the city) reckon he's good 80% of the time, but prone to making huge errors leading to goals. They're glad to see him moved on. Sounds like Bednarek Mk 2

Disagree there. IMHO he is way more stable than Bednarek. Yes, he has had a few collapses also when playing in Austria for Red Bull Salzburg, but in general a very solid defender  and great in 1:1 situations..

3 hours ago, Østerrike said:

Disagree there. IMHO he is way more stable than Bednarek. Yes, he has had a few collapses also when playing in Austria for Red Bull Salzburg, but in general a very solid defender  and great in 1:1 situations..

we'll see. I've been inundated with friends today tell me we've had our pants pulled down. I hope they're wrong...Marseille fans usually are :)

15 hours ago, Black Sea Saint said:

we'll see. I've been inundated with friends today tell me we've had our pants pulled down. I hope they're wrong...Marseille fans usually are :)

I guess it highly depens on his fellow players. He rarely had troubles while playing for a very self confident Red Bull Salzburg squad..

6 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

We'll need to sign another centre back if that happens

Maybe the plan was for Simeu to be up to speed by then in order to be our 4th choice, with Lyanco as 3rd choice. But I agree I think we'd need to find another wonderkid centre back in January if that was the case. Good, older experienced centre backs are properly pricy in January.